Ghorfang's Headstompaz Blog

Vaux

And so it begins.... The journey of Ghorfang's Headstompaz.

Still waiting for my order from Wayland Games (a Start Collecting box and two of those nice little Weirdnob Warbands). But this "little" fellow is already here and waiting for da Boyz.

Ghorfang Bloodfist

20170523_203145.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well what do we have here? Looks like some Boyz just arrived.

My order just arrived from the UK (after I had to change stuff up with the release of the new Weirdnob Warband, so it took a bit longer). 

Guess I will sell the two Weirdnobs for the time being. I plan to buy at least 4 more of the Warband box anyway (so much value in them).

But well... it's time to get some stuff done and some models assembled and painted.

boxes.jpg

Yeah, to be honest my goal is to buy the box-combo 3 times to get 3 Warchanters, 1 Weirdnob (rest will be sold), 9 Gore-gruntas, 30 Brutes and 60 Ardboyz. Pair that with the Megaboss and the Cabagge and you have a nice tide of iron.

And because everything is better with a bit of paint on it.... here are my two "test" subjects for armor and skin. Just some pre shading done using zenithal highlights (dont know if it's that visible in the picture) with grey on a 45 degree angle and white from the top. Models are partly assembled but stuck together with bluetack for priming and pre shading (begone pesky armor on the Warchanter)

Next part will be the skin on both of them... dont know yet if I will use an airbrush for the first lairs or not.

pre shade.jpg

And here a small update on my Ironjawz. Done with the skin of 5 brutes and a Warchanter.

But I will do the faces one at a time I guess. Going over to the armor next to get my first Brute done as

an example for the rest. I am open for critics and comments on him. 

20170605_195536.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived