New list idea mixed order

WAAAGHdogg15

I'm intrigued to see what everyone thinks of this. I've been tinkering on Azyr pretty much since it was released and I like the look of this. It borrows ideas from the mixed order army that Alex Harrison was running but adds a combat element too. It isn't meant to be a gunline, but the ranged threat should be enough to make opponents have to commit forward and take on my combat units:

Wizard on Hurricanum

Glade Lord on Forest Dragon

Skink Starseer

Waywatcher

Waywatcher

Waywatcher

3 x 10 Skinks

2 x 3 Kurnoth Hunters (with swords or scythes, haven't decided yet)

5 Sisters of the Thorn

The biggest issue I see is limited range, with the Waywatchers having the longest reach (22"). Against Kurnoth Hunter bows and Judicators etc it might be tough. I'm also worried about the hunters only being move 5" and not having any woods to bounce through. I have an alternative to this which is much more gunline orientated, which drops the dragon and has an extra wizard, hunters with bows, another unit of sisters and enough summoning for a vortex, but I don't think I'd enjoy it. My current aim when writing lists is to try and find an answer to gunline-hammer without resorting to a gunline myself. With this, if my opponent concentrates on the combat units, I get more time to shoot with my ranged threats. If they concentrate on the shooting, they'll have a dragon and six hunters in their face, meanwhile skinks will run interference and jump on objectives.

All thoughts welcome. Cheers.

I like this list, solid build, works well together. I would probably drop 1 way watcher for a jade battlemage though. Healing your hurricanum or dragon will offer a lot of beneifits. And might drop a second for an amber battlemage, but that's just me, I definitely see where they would be quite useful though.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm... if I saw this on the board, my immediate thought would be "Get into combat quick and smash the hell out of them." With the exception of the Hunters, these units are going to die real fast once the enemy catches up with them.

Archived