Soulblight Necropolis / Sigmarite Mausoleum

Sception

Anybody planning on picking these up?

Warhammer Age of Sigmar Soulblight Necropolis Battle Mat

Sigmarite Mausoleum

Both on preorder, retailing for us$80.  The Mausoleum is just 2x the old Garden of Morr, at about a 20% discount compared to buying two of the old kit, based on the last price for it.

The mat's a bit pricey, but the quality looks good, and I like the tundra design, fits well with what I'm planning to do with my bases, so I'm sorely tempted.  I've already got one garden of Morr kit, so I'm not sure how motivated I am to pick up any morr, but it is a very nice terrain kit, which works well as either a singular graveyard piece or as a bunch of separate fences and crypt buildings.  And it's very fitting visually and thematically for any Death army apart from maybe tomb kings, so if you've been holding off on it, maybe the double kit will be an excuse you need to pick one up?

If my GW store has the mat when I go to buy the skirmish book I'll probably get it. The double morr set I'm not so sure about. I don't have any sets of it but I'm not looking forward to painting it either

28 minutes ago, Gotrek said:

If my GW store has the mat when I go to buy the skirmish book I'll probably get it. The double morr set I'm not so sure about. I don't have any sets of it but I'm not looking forward to painting it either

The mat is on a two week pre-order, so will be out the 3rd, not the same day as the rulebook (which is a shame, as I think a lot of people would have impulse bought a mat while they were in store)

On 22/05/2017 at 5:15 PM, Sception said:

I've already got one garden of Morr kit, so I'm not sure how motivated I am to pick up any morr, but it is a very nice terrain kit, 

Does this thread exist to get in a cheeky Garden of Morr pun? If so ???

It's a great looking terrain kit (as is everything that GW produce), but really I can't help but feel that this gothic style is a bit out of step with the outrageous high-fantasy of AoS. I know that the realms are practically infinite and that there's bound to be a culture out there in Shyish that ended up developing a gothic style of architecture, but I'd rather see a whole new approach from GW that reflects the extreme landscapes seen in the newer artwork and described in the lore.

AoS started out well with the Realmgates and Orphidian Archway but then came the outrageously expensive Dreadhold that no-one could afford, and since then it's just been repacks of the old WHFB stuff. I hope the boondoggle that is the Dreadhold hasn't put them off creating new, interesting and affordable terrain pieces in the future.

flesh-eater-spread2.jpeg

I'm as hard to please as any AoS fan and I have nothing bad to say about this set at all. It's $100 CAD each but shipping to Canada with heavy mats is usually even more than that so I'm actually OK with the price.

They will look great for Skirmish, low point AoS or Frostgrave games. Plus the scenery will work in even larger games. Very excited.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived