The idol hunters BLOG- ardboyz done!

Tom

Ok after a bit of prompting from @Chris Tomlin. Thanks for the support bro. I'm starting a blog. 

Iv no idea what I'm doing or where this will go but I'll give it a bash. 

So who is ironfist facesmasher? He is my megaboss an he leads the idol hunters. 

Who then are the idol hunters? 

After the old world imploded. only the strongest of facesmashers ladz survived. When they awoke they realised the idols they built to gork an mork where scattered though the realms. 

Now they travel the realms trying to find them. You either join them or get smashed aside for their eternal search rages on. An none can stop them. 

IMG_1960.JPG

Really like these mate, good work! Are they 40k Ork weapons? Fit really nicely.

I've just finished making my first 10 of bloodbowl Ardboys. As my normal (Black Orc) Ardboys have 2xHW, I've fitted these new lads out with the Big Choppas for rend. Decided to use leftover Brute two-handers... size-wise it works, but not sure if it's come out exactly as I'd hoped.

Look forward to seeing these painted up!

Great work @Tom!!

Awesome to see you posting some pics of your Blackburn Rovers Ironjawz here! I absolutely love them. Great colour scheme and well executed.

Your conversions are cool and not too different to mine (I'll reply to your text later today, had such a manic weekend). Look forward to seeing them painted up and they give me real motivation to do mine as well.

Hopefully the responses here will inspire you to continue posting pics, your stuff is too cool not to share man.

Keep it coming.

11 hours ago, Fungrim said:

Really like these mate, good work! Are they 40k Ork weapons? Fit really nicely.

I got my self a start collecting greenskins box. Most of the bits come from there. The leader is from the Ork nobs kit. you might see the odd 40k weapon on my ardboyz though. As I have some knocking about. 

Have you any pics of the ones with big choppas? Still working out how I'll do mine. 

13 hours ago, Solaris said:

Really like the converted thrower, he looks like he's about to hurl his huge-ass meat cleaver at the enemy :D

10 hours ago, Thalenchar said:

Great stuff here. Loving the Thrower as well. "'Ere, Hold Dis!" THUNK! 

Thanks guys. Yeah I like him. He's either throwing it or I thought maybe doing a running chop from way back lol

thank you all for your kind words will try to keep this up dated. Got 5 brutes to finish painting an I'll be getting these ardboyz done. 

On 2017-5-22 at 8:44 PM, Tom said:

I got my self a start collecting greenskins box. Most of the bits come from there. The leader is from the Ork nobs kit. you might see the odd 40k weapon on my ardboyz though. As I have some knocking about. 

Have you any pics of the ones with big choppas? Still working out how I'll do mine. 

Ah the Greenskins box - good call! 

Here are some rough photos of a few of the ones I've done so far, like I say, still no 100% about how they've come out!

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

8 hours ago, Fungrim said:

Ah the Greenskins box - good call! 

Here are some rough photos of a few of the ones I've done so far, like I say, still no 100% about how they've come out!

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

Don't be so hard on your self mate! These look awesome! You instantly know how they are armed. An they look badass to boot. Get some paint on them an I reckon your opinion will change. 

6 hours ago, Tuluth said:

Looking through this thread, it's really inspiring me to get out that bloodbowl orc box and do some assemblies/conversions. You know... what I bought it for in the first place upon release.

Get on it brother! Join the blood bowl ardboyz revolution!!!

Regarding Blood Bowl Ardboys, what would be your opinions on running a Blood Bowl team as Ardboys straight up? My boys are part of the warclan after all, and Blood Bowl is just something they play on the side of their face-stomping activities :D On the other hand, I don't want to offend people by being "cheap". I would just love to throw my team down on the battlefield and wreak havoc.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Don't be so hard on your self mate! These look awesome! You instantly know how they are armed. An they look badass to boot. Get some paint on them an I reckon your opinion will change. 

Cheers dude, appreciate it. That's definitely my goal for upcoming weeks, as long as I keep ignoring the pile of Kharadron boxes slowly building up on my desk...

I'll know for sure how I feel when I've painted em and stick the Brutes next to them. Hopefully they're different enough but still feel well executed.

Looking forward to seeing yours painted up mate!

12 hours ago, Solaris said:

Regarding Blood Bowl Ardboys, what would be your opinions on running a Blood Bowl team as Ardboys straight up? My boys are part of the warclan after all, and Blood Bowl is just something they play on the side of their face-stomping activities :D On the other hand, I don't want to offend people by being "cheap". I would just love to throw my team down on the battlefield and wreak havoc.

I wouldn't have a problem with it. Although you would be lacking the command models I guess. Just make clear to your opponent what they are armed with. Which would mostly be 2 choppas I spos. Or is that 2 knuckle dusters an the odd foot ball! Lol

12 hours ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

The Bloodbowl Ardboyz are great. Loving your work.

11 hours ago, Fungrim said:

Looking forward to seeing yours painted up mate!

Thanks guys! Got 5 brutes to finish almost there should get them done tomorrow. An then paint goes on the bb orcs. There is a lot of other bb orcs out there I wanna see paint on! ( @Fungrim @Tuluth @Chris Tomlin  Post pics here for proof....... an that way I don't have to go anywhere else to drool over them. 

Let's see yours as well @Solaris !!

21 hours ago, Jesper77 said:

They look awsome... is it start collecting and brutes bits?

@Jesper77 is that question for me or @Fungrim ? Mine are start collecting An bb orcs. Fungrims are brute bits an bb orcs by the looks of it.

thanks for the inspiration guys! Now where them brutes An brew at been a hot day time to paint!! 

It's pretty quiet on here. I guess people are painting 40k or enjoying the sun. Just wanted to up date an add pics of 5 finished brutes. 

Now will I get the ardboyz done before coalescence next weekend. It's rude not to try!

IMG_2136.JPG

IMG_2137.JPG

47 minutes ago, tuorgustavo said:

Really nice stuff! I loved the blood bowl orcs! I´m thinking in converting them as well!

Get em done mate! They are great minis.

thank you all for your kind words. Got some paint on the ardboyz yesterday. Gonna try keep going to get them done for the weekend. 

Yeh @Tom, @Titcher is totally right on that dude with the banner. Of the Blood Bowl Orcs, that is one of the ones with a potentially "flat" pose. However you've done a great job with it. Really impressed. I've got a few of those Boarboy banners which I'd planned to use on Gore-gruntas for aesthetics, but this seems a great use.

Really need to get some motivation to get paint on some more Ironjawz myself. Got 3 Gore-gruntas on my desk that are literally 3-5 hours away from completion now!!

@Titcher thanks. Painting these now. Not sure what to put on the banner yet. Checks maybe. My freehand is not the best. 

@Chris Tomlin motivation to paint grunters probably hide the ones you have left to paint lol. An concentration the ones you are painting. 

That An the endless pig noises you'll get to make at raw lol. 

@tuorgustavo get on it an share your work. They are easier that they look! An great fun

thanks all see you soon

Archived