Kataphran is the new bla... i mean, tk?

So according to shadespire fluuf, there once was, during the age of myth, a race of men who discovered how to keep their solu (maybe even after death).

Long story short, nagash got pissed off and f$%¨#* the city and its people really bad, tho smoe of them survived to this day.

Ok, i dont think they will be "compatible" with tombo kings, but i do get a similar(ish) vibe here.

Dont you?

I really enjoyed that conversion, it’s really encouraging to hear people within GW talking that much detail, and giving an insight into the depth to which they are going to create the background and story for their games. Gets the hobby juices flowing. I was imaging processions of gothic skeletons and vampires, lords and ladies, with black coachs, Dracula via Gormenghast.

29 minutes ago, Sadysaneto said:

Dont you?

Not that much really, though the idea of keepings souls in the body can come from the Liche priests (though the idea itself is much older and comes from DnD actually). It seems it will be another deathrattle faction judging by the fact the Shadespire skeletons don't replace existing ones.

When they first announced Shadespire I thought of this artwork by Brodsky and Utkin, this was just reinforced for me when I heard them talking about it on twitch. Love the feeling, and it just evokes for me the gothic decaying grandeur that I have in my head.brodskyutkin7.jpg.2015e37b5544c5ed76bbdec5e3a53c7f.jpg

The constant reference to the desert of bones definitely put images in my head. Im quite interested in what will come from this shadespire fluff focus, im hoping we will eventually get a bunch of returning kataphran with crazy elite artifacts and inventions just as they described. Id like it even more if everything has suits of armor entirely made of kataphran tech, so as to further differentiate tk skeles from regular deathrattle.

14 hours ago, hellalugosi said:

The constant reference to the desert of bones definitely put images in my head. Im quite interested in what will come from this shadespire fluff focus, im hoping we will eventually get a bunch of returning kataphran with crazy elite artifacts and inventions just as they described. Id like it even more if everything has suits of armor entirely made of kataphran tech, so as to further differentiate tk skeles from regular deathrattle.

This sounds suspiciously similar to Necrons... so it's probably quite likely to happen xD

Archived