Chris Tomlin

Coalescence - The Fall of Tyrant Diesel

16 posts in this topic

Morning guys,

Something a bit different from me today. On June 10th, I will be taking part in the worldwide narrative* campaign event; Coalescence! If you don't know about this super exciting event, take a look here;

 I am lucky enough to be playing in @Mitzy's and @Devilreefman's event at Warhammer World, so really looking forward to that! I do believe they have a couple of spaces left if you want to contact them and get involved.

Now the obvious choice for this event is my Ironjawz, Da Black Sunz. They fit the narrative setting perfectly, being an army of great renown led by probably definitely the most well known character outside of GW lore; the mighty Megaboss Krunk. With this in mind I will be taking them to RAW17 as I was lucky enough to get a ticket.

Initially I was set on bringing them to this event as well, also with it being Warhammer World it's nice to be able to show off your best work, with I think my Ironjawz are. However, that said, I have started considering rolling out something different for a bit of fun.

Some of you may know that I recently bought back an old WFB Ogre Kingdoms army that I speed painted quite a few years back. I got it at a great price and thought with a bit of rebasing it'd be great for use in AoS and would give me some options alongside the Ironjawz for mixed Destruction.

The thing is, this army was speed painted to the max. It looks fine, but it's by no means great. When rebasing, I will replicate the basing on the Ironjawz, however they still don't tie in very well due to the colours used. My long term plan with to tart the Ogors a bit so that the colour schemes fits in with the Ironjawz. I don't intend to upscale the painting level, but just want them to look cohesive.

So my current thoughts are that I could give them a run out in the their current state and maybe write it into a narrative that they eventually meet (and get beaten by) Krunk and his boyz, subsequently joining Da Black Sunz, cue change of colour scheme. That works right?

For Coalescence, I need a 1,500 point list that also breaks down into 1,000 and 500 point chunks. These are roughly the models I have;

  • Tyrant Diesel (this badboy will have to be included, already rebased)
  • Frostlord on Stonehorn (already rebased) 
  • Converted Brusier BSB
  • 2 Butchers
  • Firebelly
  • Loads of Ogors (I've already rebased 9 of these)
  • 8-10 Ironguts
  • 4 Mournfang (Rebased)
  • 5 Leadbelchers
  • 4 Maneaters
  • Gorger

I think that's about it. I have a lot on my plate hobbywise at the moment so I whilst I do want to rebase the lot, trying to utilise stuff I've also used to lessen my workload seems preferable tbh. I quite fancy a "Matt Clarke" (@Gmac2610) army, that is, one of each unit.

I'll have a little play on scrollbuilder shortly. I've struck out the Frostlord for obvious reasons.

What do people think of this? Good idea? Or should I just use the Ironjawz for another excuse to expand the legend of Krunk and showcase my models at Warhammer World? The latter would also save some hobby hours.

Let me know what you think!
Chris

*Thanks to my recent podcast with @Thornshield, I now know what this means! ;) 

 

Edited by Chris Tomlin
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol Krunk to afraid to turn up An face ironfist facesmasher! Sending his pet oggors instead!? 

My boyz look forward to a good scrap with the oggors at Warhammer world! 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't a grand narrative event like this be a great place to cement Megaboss Krunk's name in the annals of AoS history? 

On the other hand, forging a narrative to incorporate the Ogors into da Black Sunz seems cool too. 

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Thalenchar said:

Wouldn't a grand narrative event like this be a great place to cement Megaboss Krunk's name in the annals of AoS history? 

Maybe. I guess I just don't consider it necessary, his name is already cemented haha! ;) 

That's not to say I won't take the Ironjawz. I do agreed its a solid option.

38 minutes ago, Tom said:

lol Krunk to afraid to turn up An face ironfist facesmasher! Sending his pet oggors instead!? 

My boyz look forward to a good scrap with the oggors at Warhammer world! 

Mate, you and I are going to team up for the forces of Destruction and take down everyone else!

Anyhow, I looked at some lists whilst TGA was down this morning;

500 Points

  • Tyrant
  • 3 Ogors
  • 3 Leadbelchers
  • Gorgor

1,000 Points

  • Tyrant
  • Butcher
  • 3 Ogors
  • 3 Ogors
  • 3 Leadbelchers
  • Gorgor
  • 3 Maneaters

1,500 Points

  • Tyrant
  • Butcher
  • 3 Ogors
  • 3 Ogors
  • 3 Ogors
  • 3 Leadbelchers
  • Gorgor
  • 3 Maneaters
  • 2 Mournfang Pack
  • 2 Mournfang Pack

I actually quite like the lists and the MSU approach to them. Should be fun to play!

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Mate, you and I are going to team up for the forces of Destruction and take down everyone else!

Isn't that a little unfair? How could anyone stand up to the combined might of facesmasher an krunk/diesel.

all we need now is @Mitzy an his blue swad shoe rocking mega boss an we'll steam roll the realms!!!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tom said:

Isn't that a little unfair? How could anyone stand up to the combined might of facesmasher an krunk/diesel.

all we need now is @Mitzy an his blue swad shoe rocking mega boss an we'll steam roll the realms!!!

Narrative innit mate! ;) 

I'm going to post some list ideas in my Ironjawz thread now as well...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mengel Miniatures said:

Post up some pictures of the Ogres! :)

@Mengel Miniatures - Good shout Tyler, I will get something sorted on Sunday ready to post Monday (playing Shadow War: Armageddon tonight and in London tomorrow).

They are really not very nice though haha! I speed painted them back in 7th edition (and added the Stonehorn + Mournfang on commission when I sold the army). That said, the ones I've rebased look decent enough though I guess. I'll let you guys be the judges...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@Mengel Miniatures - Good shout Tyler, I will get something sorted on Sunday ready to post Monday (playing Shadow War: Armageddon tonight and in London tomorrow).

They are really not very nice though haha! I speed painted them back in 7th edition (and added the Stonehorn + Mournfang on commission when I sold the army). That said, the ones I've rebased look decent enough though I guess. I'll let you guys be the judges...

You're in London tomorrow and not paying me a booty call? Shame.

In any case, I think using the Ogors for Coalescence would be cool. Save Krunk and da boyz for the true narrative event.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:06 PM, Thornshield said:

You're in London tomorrow and not paying me a booty call? Shame.

You mean that chick with a d!*k wasn't you?!!! Ooops!

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:06 PM, Thornshield said:

In any case, I think using the Ogors for Coalescence would be cool. Save Krunk and da boyz for the true narrative event.

Hhhmmm...If the Dictator is saying Ogors, I think it's going to have to be Ogors!

Tbh I'm quite excited about those lists above, they look really fun I think.

Sadly, no photos yet. I spent all my spare time yesterday recording and subsequently editing tonight's podcast...it's a bit of a treat as me and @bottle cover the new Skirmish book!!

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing can't wait for that!!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning,

So I'm pretty sure I am going to go ahead with the above lists...now just to read what half the stuff does! Hoping to squeeze in a cheeky game tomorrow after my campaign game with @ChippyRick (using Ironjawz).

I've got everything I need on the round bases now and just need to sand and paint them etc.

Will probably do photos after that I guess.

Still feels a little wrong not taking Krunk and co I gotta say...

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Morning,

So I'm pretty sure I am going to go ahead with the above lists...now just to read what half the stuff does! Hoping to squeeze in a cheeky game tomorrow after my campaign game with @ChippyRick (using Ironjawz).

I've got everything I need on the round bases now and just need to sand and paint them etc.

Will probably do photos after that I guess.

Still feels a little wrong not taking Krunk and co I gotta say...

Quite like the idea that Krunk has convinced some slightly gullible Ogors to do some vanguard work whilst he and da boyz take a breather...

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fungrim - Ha! That works. Perhaps Krunk has convinced Diesel that the Keystone Shards will allow him access to various fast food outlets?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@Fungrim - Ha! That works. Perhaps Krunk has convinced Diesel that the Keystone Shards will allow him access to various fast food outlets?

'Diaphanous Fastness' pretty sure that's the Maccies of the realms

coalesence.PNG

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some how it feels like your a traitor An your leaving the megaboss council after I just joined....... no pressure though...... lol

nah a break is as good as a rest An you'll soon realise you should never have left us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now