Points Allocation for Pink / Blue / Brimstones

endjinn

Question

Hi Everyone,

Very new player here who is writing a up a list for a tournament later in the year.

I cannot figure out how to cost the horrors, so if someone could clear this up for me it would be really appreciated.  I have looked around the forums but have not been able to answer this myself.

I would like to take a unit of pinks who when they die will split into blues, maybe brimstones as well.  

When I allocate points I can't figure out which of the two options is correct.

Option 1 

Pink Horrors 140 points

Blue Horrors 100 points

Nothing in reinforcement points as they are not summoned units.

Total 240 points.

Option 2 

Pink Horrors 140 points

Blue Horrors 100 points

100 in reinforcement points for the blues when they split from pinks.

Total 340 points.

Help would be really appreciated don't have anyone to ask currently and I have swapped between the two options above depending on posts I have read.

6 answers to this question

Neither is correct.

You want:

Pink Horrors: 140

Reinforcement points: 100 

If you wanted to be able split blue into brimstone, you would need 180 reinforcement points instead of 100. 

Its worth noting that reinforcement points arent just for summoned units, they are for any time you add a new unit to the battlefield. Summoning is just the most common way of doing that, which is why its sometimes referred to as a summoning pool. You only have to pay for the blues once though (when they get placed on the board), and you don't need to list them on your army list (other than you have some reinforcement points).

Get a TO ruling, pronto. Until it's FAQ'd , RAW is that the first time you split any pinks you pay for a minimum size unit regardless of how many appear.
Not so bad if your pinks get massacred in a single phase, bloody awful if only 1 gets picked off.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, BaldoBeardo said:

Get a TO ruling, pronto. Until it's FAQ'd , RAW is that the first time you split any pinks you pay for a minimum size unit regardless of how many appear.
Not so bad if your pinks get massacred in a single phase, bloody awful if only 1 gets picked off.

That is correct, but also RAW the second time they split you add to the unit you created previously (up to 10 models) without paying any points. You just need to make sure that the unit doesn't die while its really small (forcing you to pay again to add them). 

I have yet to see anyone force their opponent to play it that as anything other than once you have paid for 10, you can keep splitting until you have done 10 blues, then you pay again. 

No, not quite. You may have paid for 10, but the starting unit size is however many were deployed - and you can't reinforce above starting size.
That's the risk - without a concord, an opponent would be quite able to argue that you can't do it which would be crippling.

5 hours ago, KnightFire said:

Neither is correct.

You want:

Pink Horrors: 140

Reinforcement points: 100 

If you wanted to be able split blue into brimstone, you would need 180 reinforcement points instead of 100. 

Its worth noting that reinforcement points arent just for summoned units, they are for any time you add a new unit to the battlefield. Summoning is just the most common way of doing that, which is why its sometimes referred to as a summoning pool. You only have to pay for the blues once though (when they get placed on the board), and you don't need to list them on your army list (other than you have some reinforcement points).

Thanks for the reply, so I would not need to list the blue horrors in my list, just that I have 100 in reinforcement points.

Archived