Nagash the undying king discussion (Spoilers of course)

Not long finished this book too and really enjoyed it - probably the best AoS novel I've read so far.  I think it offers a lot of nods to what GW could do with some parts of the Grand Alliance.  There are 12 Mortarchs for example and suggests that Nagash may have used them as a receptacle to achieve true God-hood - Arkhan has some compassion, Neferata meglomania, etc.

I like the thought that there are still odd human tribes in Shyish, all who follow Nagash diligently and have done for generations (and survived the Great Awakening).  It certainly buts credence towards that we may see mortals units - possibly who can then be raised as Skeletons.  We also have a number of older undead units (bone giants, sphinxes) featured in the book, but very much as old things brought back to fight.

Nagash does seem to have levelled up in comparison to the End Times and it seems that he has finally achieved his goal of true immortality - he IS death (a bit like regardless of the outcome Khorne is always a winner).

Nurgle also continues to be fleshed out, very much bringing back the old "jolly papa nurgle" image that was there in years gone by.  The Order of the Fly is a very interesting take with their noble Knight attitude.

1 hour ago, xking said:

Tarsus never belonged to nagash, he was always sigmar's worshiper.  He is a hallowed knight remember.

The dead belong to nagash with the creation of stormcast sigmar is messing up the life cycle of life and death depriving the God of death of power. It does not matter who you worship you go to the underworld upon death.

Unless the god has set up a life cycle for their people like the sylvaneth. That's part of the major beef with sigmar.

Archived