Armorless IronJawz

Kovaks

So I really like the IronJawz and with skirmish now a thing I am planning on grabbing the new warband box and getting started on them. As great as the Brute Models are I am completely in love with Bruticus' converted Backbreaker on exprofundis.com. The Idea of the IronJawz charging into battle with minimal armor just sounds so much cooler to me, which brings me to my question.. having never worked with any of the kits, is there a way to build them with minimal armor, especially the chest and back pieces or would that require a bunch of sculpting? Since a warband has a minimal number of models I am thinking I am ok with doing quite a bit of conversion but I want to maybe know what I am getting into. 

Back pieces would require quite a bit of sculpting unfortunately, I resorted to just giving them the back plates. They have bare chests however which only need two blobs of liquid gs on each pectoral! I don't have an image at hand, but the back plates don't look too bad, I hope that helps!

I've done it with a warchanter to make a Wurrgog Prophet. I've put some stage by state photos in the painting section.

I found the sculpting fairly simple the chest area only has two slots to fill. The back is more involved I did it in two stages.

First I filled the majority of the hole and left it to dry. I then sculpted the detail on. I found it reasonably simple because I was just following on the existing shape of the muscles rather than sculpting something entirely new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@Kovaks - Those Brutes look amazing, thanks for sharing. However, for the life of me I cannot understand why whoever did them chose not to fill the holes on the chests?!!! Madness.

These are WIP pictures, probably just waiting for chest plates:

http://taleofpainters.blogspot.com.es/2017/01/wip-age-of-sigmar-ironjawz-brutes.html?m=1#more 

2 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@Kovaks - Those Brutes look amazing, thanks for sharing. However, for the life of me I cannot understand why whoever did them chose not to fill the holes on the chests?!!! Madness.

I was wondering the same thing, wip makes sense.  I'll leave the plates off and fill the holes, gotta practice my sculpting to copy Bruticus too, so psyched to do this

Archived