Sylvaneth "netlist?"

WAAAGHdogg15

Basically, I was wondering how close this is to the Sylvaneth "netlist?" I say "netlist" in bunny ears because I know this is a fairly loose term but considering the regular combinations other players take, how close is this? -

Durthu - Glamourweave

Treelord Ancient - Oaken Armour

Branchwych - Acorn of the Ages

2 x 10 Dryads

5 Tree Revenants

2 x 3 Hunters with Swords

6 Hunters with Scythes

Household

Gnarlroot

FreeSpirits

To be clear, I am not trying to copy the netlist - I generally don't pay much attention to such things which is why I don't really know what's in it. Case in point - I have been an Alarielle player since Sylvaneth was released but realise she is not generally a part of the strongest lists out there. In this incarnation of my list, I have dropped her for Durthu, Branchwych and the three battalions/wargrove. The theory is that, with the enhanced magic given by the Gnarlroot to help protect them, Durthu and the three units of Hunters use the free spirits ability to sally forth up the table and wreck stuff whilst the battleline units jump on objectives. I am guessing that the regular lists seen at most events would not have the free spirits battalion and the sword hunters would have bows instead. I'm also not sure whether I have the right artefacts on the right characters yet. Any thoughts, responses or advice would be most welcome.

Similar, but you dont see swords in any 'netlist'  Its bows instead.  Also Durthu is not the most common of the builds.  Freespirits is OK, until you get into combat, with one of the units, then you are either retreating or not using the ability.

Yeah, I've heard rumblings about Hurricanum since it counts as an order wizard and is allowed without breaking allegiance within Gnarlroot.

With the list above I'm not necessarily trying to run a netlist but was hoping it would be more competitive than my Alarielle list (substitute Durthu, Branchwych and the formations for her). It's much more combatty than most Sylvaneth lists and I suppose I'm asking whether it looks competitive or not? Does it have enough weapons without as much of a ranged threat? Can it stand up to the meta of gunlines and mortal wound spam?

I like the list, but I'd replace swords for scythes and have your unit of 6 kurnoths take bows. A bit less combaty, but that additional firepower can snipe a lot of things 

but im like you in respect to your list, I prefer combat hunters rather than bows.

You got it. 

Me also prefer the CC than shooting. I'm using 3x2 Scythes and 3x1 Bows and it works pretty well for me. Someone plays almost 6 bows but I'm fine with just 3. I don't have to kill anything by shoot, I just need to wound the enemy and then finish him in CC. Plus, it helps me a against Melee oriented units and Ts3+/2+ multiple wounds units. 

Plus again, is not true that Sylvaneth doesn't shoot. Drycha, Spells, Durthu and even TLA all of them will shoot enough to support my Bow mates. 

3 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

I understand the gnarlroot wargrove and its abilities it provides, but is that simply why it's the most popular choice? For the wizard and extra spell casting/unbinding?

The extra spell for your wizards is the main reason but the Household bonuses are very good as well (+1 bravery and enemies can't retreat). Getting to cast 4 spells with 2 wizards is really good.

3 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

Ok, yea..........verderous harmony. Rings back D3 models to units. Now I see why. Hunters can keep repleneshing from this spell. Wow.

That.
Viable units.
Household bonus.
Double cast.
And the ORDER MAGICIAN too. 

Just superior to any other battallion 

Archived