Blood Knight alternative minis?

HaggisMacbeth

Hey guys,

Hoping you can help me out here. Really keen on starting a Soulblight army and will need 20-30 blood knight models.

I live in Australia and I'm really not keen on paying $165AUD per five blood knight minis. 165 probably means nothing to you if you don't live here, but for me that's 2 tanks of petrol in my 6 cylinder car, or 8 trips to the cinema, 4 cases of beer or 110kg of bananas ?

Given I'm after 30 knights that's more beer than I'm not willing to not drink.

What other options are there?

I've looked at:

- GW moungul knights but they look too small

- I've seen some people suggest Dragon Princes but I'm not sure on that one

- Not a fan of the Mantic Soul Reavers

- The GameZone minis look too busy 

Any other ideas? I was thinking some easy conversions of human knights but unfortunately the Empire and Bretonnian knights are no longer available. Help! 

If you do decide for the game zone models they often require lots of GS work but besides that I love their models. Very characterful!

i hope you will find a good alternative so you won't be infamiously known as banana guy smacking 110kg of blood knight proxies on the table 

Thanks very much for the feedback guys, really helpful ?? I've decided to go with the dragon blades and do a simple head swap with dark elves.

will be building and painting fell bats and bat swarms to start with so will start up a painting blog on here once it's underway

• 7 months later...
On 5/21/2017 at 11:07 PM, tea_wild_owl said:

I converted some chaos knights, but made them more undead Viking style (werewolf instead of vampire). they are great for mounted Wight king or vampire Lord, too

20170522_070521.png

IMG_20170329_090850_992.jpg

IMG_20170329_090941_695.jpg

20170522_071106.png

20170522_071158.png

20170522_071130.png

Are these torsos from the Stormcast Palladors?

2 hours ago, Wolfman said:

Are these torsos from the Stormcast Palladors?

only some bits for pelts and mantle. torso and head are skeleton and weapons and horses, lower body part from chaos knights. you could model the pelts with Green stuff, but I had them as leftovers frpm other projects

On 5/18/2017 at 7:06 AM, HaggisMacbeth said:

Hey guys,

Hoping you can help me out here. Really keen on starting a Soulblight army and will need 20-30 blood knight models.

I live in Australia and I'm really not keen on paying $165AUD per five blood knight minis. 165 probably means nothing to you if you don't live here, but for me that's 2 tanks of petrol in my 6 cylinder car, or 8 trips to the cinema, 4 cases of beer or 110kg of bananas ?

Given I'm after 30 knights that's more beer than I'm not willing to not drink.

What other options are there?

I've looked at:

- GW moungul knights but they look too small

- I've seen some people suggest Dragon Princes but I'm not sure on that one

- Not a fan of the Mantic Soul Reavers

- The GameZone minis look too busy 

Any other ideas? I was thinking some easy conversions of human knights but unfortunately the Empire and Bretonnian knights are no longer available. Help! 

Just so you know, Morghouls and Blood Knights got hit hard by the nerf bat in the coming battletome. Might want to rethink your project

24 minutes ago, RotCleaver said:

Just so you know, Morghouls and Blood Knights got hit hard by the nerf bat in the coming battletome. Might want to rethink your project

Thats not necessarily true. While blood knights loose their ability to regen a model per turn, they gain -1 bravery aura. They also receive +1 attack in Neferatas legion, which is basically the new soulblight. We haven't seen the spells/battalion yet, which could bring back the regen. Otherwise their points are likely to go way down, i would guess 220

Archived