BatRep: Change of Pace!

Fungrim

Hi folks,

Played a couple of really interesting games this past weekend. Met up with a few mates who haven't played much since 8th edition, and as there was 3 of us present we went for some of the Generals Handbook triple threat scenarios! Can't remember the actual name of either scenario unfortunately but they were both essentially king of the hill, with a terrain piece in the middle that needed capturing and various turn-by-turn point scoring depending on units/heroes killed etc.

Started of with a 500pt one as a warm-up. No allegiance, no artefacts.

- Opponents used Nurgle Mortals (2x5 Blightkings and a Harbinger of Decay) and Fyreslayers (Runefather on Magmadroth, 5 Vulkites, 5 Hearthguard)

- I used Ironjawz (obviously, waaggh) - Megaboss, 5 Brutes, 3 Gore-Gruntas

I took one corner, the Nurgle was in the corner opposite me on the long edge of the table, and the Fyreslayers were flying in at the centre on the opposite side. Ironjawz and Nurgle dribbled forward, whilst the Fyreslayers catapulted straight toward the objective (comfortably on it by turn 2). The objective was something that once captured, began moving with the model that took it, and as the Magmadroth took it, the race was on!

The Vulkites clashed with 5 Blighties on the far left, whilst the Harbinger fell early on to bits of Fyreslayer shooting. Meanwhile my Gruntas flanked the Hearthguard and (to my surprise!) absolutely destroyed them. My Brutes swung round and engaged the other 5 Blighties, grinding them out convincingly over a turn, whilst the Gruntas and the Megaboss took out the Magmadroth and took hold of the objective.

Won the game, very impressed at my first 500pt game with Ironjawz!

Second game of the day we moved up to 1k each.

- Opponents used Seraphon (Bastiladon, Scar-Vet on Carnosaur, 3 Terradons, 20 Temple Guard, Starpriest) and Fyreslayers (Runefather on Magmadroth, Doomseeker, Runemaster, Battlesmith, 10 Vulkites, 2x5 Hearthguard))

- I used Ironjawz (Megaboss on Maw-Krusha, Weirdnob Shaman, 5 Brutes, 10 Ardboyz)

The setup was almost identical (myself in one corner, Seraphon in the other and Fyreslayers opposite in the centre). Really didn't like the look of the Bastiladon and Carnosaur right next to me, so teetered forward gently in a line, with the Brutes on the left in case the monsters came flying in, and the Ardboyz and Krusha ready to contest the centre when necessary. The Seraphon engaged the Fyreslayers pretty quickly (which resulted in some dead Terradons), meanwhile I (carelessly..) pushed the Ardboys within range of the objective, despite the fact the entire Fyreslayer army was the other side. It's also worth noting the objective was a terrain piece we'd rolled as mystical...

The angry red dwarfs made short work of the ardboys, shooting the majority off, then the Magmadroth charging the rest to pieces. At this point I pulled my Brutes all the way back (running away from the big dinosaurs they were eyeing up..), moved the shaman into cover, mystic shielded the Maw and charged him straight into the Magamadroth! - it worked, he took him out over a Turn or so. The Fyreslayer infantry & heroes responded in kind, but thankfully the 2+ save shielded him from most of the attacks.

A turn later the Carnosaur came flying in at the Maw from behind. I had a bit of a torrid time taking out the Carno (ignoring rend, a 3+ save of his own etc), but eventually, between the Shaman and the Maw, the Serphon general went down too. Meanwhile, the big Temple Guard unit had swung round the top, finished off any straggler Fyreslayers and made themselves comfortable on the far side of the objective.

The game ended with most the Fyreslayers gone, and not enough of my orruks near the objective, so the Seraphon took the game out convincingly (this scenario also meant you racked up points per turn based on who killed the most etc).

All in all, it was ace to play something different! Really enjoyed playing a triple threat, and it was nice to have a go at something other than 2k with Ironjawz.

Should also mention, that as I won the first game, my opponents kindly let me roll on the triumph table where I gained the ability to change one dice roll in the 2nd game! Needless to say, I got a Foot of gork off....! He stomped 3 times! But rolled a 1 twice when determining wounds..........

C_uCYvoXkAE6FhQ.jpg

Archived