Nurgle Plog

With a slow grow league underway at my FLGS I decided to expanded on my current chaos devotion to the patron of pestilence.

I will do my best to share my journey with a Nurgle based force while getting a larger input from the world wide community to help me be a "more better" painter/hobbier/gamer.

Hopefully achieving the impossible and having a fully painted army simutaneously.

without further ado here's my first completed model ... A BlightKing, the model that truly swayed me to Nurgle.

IMG_9226.JPG

@Soulsmith Yeah it's a narrative campaign based on tale of 4 Warlords.

Speaking of which, if anyone's interested in the story aspect I can add that too. Not sure if there's much interest in that sort of thing.

So as far as the campaign is concerned it's a start collecting box or 500 points "do it yourself". I opted for the 500 point custom force and went with the following.

Lord Ektos (Harbinger of Decay)

5 Blightkings

5 Blightkings

So here's my "intro" narrative.

The Harbinger:

The kaleidoscope of colors finally ceased their spasms as the blade was wrenched free from the grand schemers demonic horror. The flickers of color having melded into a foul ichor of darkness that oozed its way down the stone steps of the dias upon which the creature had only moments ago been babbling is treacherous incantations. Their dark purpose now silenced.

Yet a rhythmic hum still loomed in the air, long after the realm gate had gone dormant. The slow drip of the viscous fluid that comprised the horrors remnants added to the cadence as it seeped its way down the steps. The demons executioner found himself enthralled to the sound as he began his decent, his armored boots echoing each drop with every step. 

The decent was slow despite the thick gelatinous ichor's eagerness to reach its destination below. The first globule to reach the realms surfaces celebrated its achievement by churning with postulant boils before the footfalls accompanying bulk forced the corruption into the soil. The surrounding vegetation recoiling and wilting from the resulting lesion.

A choir of hissing laughter embraced the massive warrior upon his arrival. The malicious melody emanating from his dark clad retinue was infectious, it resonated within Ektos, it was a chorus of praise devoted to his patron of pestilence and his own rancid rhyme completed the crescendo of chaos.

Need some opinions on this guy ...IMG_9252.JPG.d98d1ffe25c615e234538c28816bad86.JPG

He has "cloth" at his waste covering his left leg. I'm thinking of doing an off white but that may end up blending into the skin too much. Most of the other little "loin cloth" sections I've been doing red, would that be too over powering on such a large section?

Tried out some different base colors to try and come up with something slightly more interesting without overpowering and I can't really tell the difference ...IMG_9270.JPG.2e5239fe2d6f7d5ecaf0ed3c70477eaa.JPG

All were based using stirland mud.

bottom - terminatus stone drybrush

next up - incubi darkness, thunder hawk blue dry brush

3rd up - incubi darkness, druchii violet wash, thinderhawk dry brush

top - Abaddon Black, Terminatus stone dry brush

Pools are Nurgle's rot, and man that technical paint is hard to get smooth.

More testing with

Bronze, Nihilakh Oxide, Rust and Bone horn things ...IMG_9271.JPG.c7c9eace2c6da3299ce6a60f1121eb2a.JPG 

Happier with this horn (shoulder) but still not the look I was hoping for.

Hows the bronze with oxide? Tried not to over do it.

Lastly how does the bronze look next to the rust metal? Bronze = hilt of the sword and bronze ballz. Rust Metal = the sword and helm spike. Is it too similar? Or does it work?

Thinking the tongue may have be better a purple tone rather than red, oh well.

All in all the champion is done just trying to decide if I'd like to change up the color on the bases.

Better picture to follow once i figure it out.

Archived