Ironjaws first turn mayhem 2000p

Jesper77

A friend and I started chatting about making a viable list. Maybe not a tournament winning one but something that can give some top lists a run for their money. 

Gordrakk

chanter

gruntas x6

gruntas x6

gruntas x6

gorefist 

Ive seen lists thats similar to this one been posted but still wonder what people think of something like this? What this list got going for it is a more then certain first turn charges with a lot of wounds. Buffed by both Gordrakk and chanter will give some nice hits. The range of the units is also something nice. You will cover a lot of ground with the hero moves etc.

I know gordrakk isn't worth he's points, th gruntas isn't the best unit. And the lack of mortal wound and ranged attacks is a big loss. But still..

Has anybody tried something like this in the dance floor.  

Well gordrakk doesn't belong to competitive . Maw krusha with 5 brutes is better in every way for 700pts.

but the problem with your list is the fact there is no brutes, no blobs of brute. So nothing to draw fire away from the cabbage, so it shouldn't be effective long. Sure the grunta will tar lot of stuff but it won't greatly damage them so you will rely only on the cabbage for the damage.

but if the idea was to run 18gore gruntas this won't do but I would suggest going this way: 

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (520)
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)

Battleline
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline
15 x Orruk Brutes (540)
- Ironjawz Battleline

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

Total: 2000/2000

Well the idea was to get my first turn charges of  24" D6 destruction + 3d6 charge and with 11 attacks per Grunta thats 198 potential Grunta attacks boosted by warchanter and hitting on 2+ with rend 1. Kinda cool combo. But as you said, a game is more then one turn. I was interested to see if anybody had ever tested it out as I am new to Ironjawz.

And I know Gordrakk ia a point sink. Lets hope they fix him and get his points down. Hes abbility on the other hans is outstanding and one of the best tournament abbilities in the game imo. 

the warchanter will only boost 1 group of 6 gruntas attack, and you will only hit the screen with the gruntas. After that the warchanter might be out of range for a turn to boost your attack.

Give first turn to ennemy hope they move a bit forward and try a turn 1 charge of the brutes, this will be devastating, thand steal t2 and hit with the brutes again. When this happen you usually start a new game. lol

10 hours ago, Jesper77 said:

Well the idea was to get my first turn charges of  24" D6 destruction + 3d6 charge and with 11 attacks per Grunta thats 198 potential Grunta attacks boosted by warchanter and hitting on 2+ with rend 1. Kinda cool combo. But as you said, a game is more then one turn. I was interested to see if anybody had ever tested it out as I am new to Ironjawz.

And I know Gordrakk ia a point sink. Lets hope they fix him and get his points down. Hes abbility on the other hans is outstanding and one of the best tournament abbilities in the game imo. 

Why don't you proxy the army An try it out? Tell us how it goes. 

Competitive aside could be fun

I was talking about this on reddit some days ago.

I think that 2k Ironjawz can cause a really big damage on turn 1 or 2, this list would not last long but it might kill everything on the table.

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Gordrakk The Fist of Gork (700)
- General
Orruk Warchanter (80)
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection
Orruk Warchanter (80)
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection

Battleline
6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (360)
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

Total: 2000/2000

That is a 2D6+2 move in the hero phase plus a 3d6 charge from Gordrak.

Let the opponent have 1st turn, pray for good dice on Ironfist and Ramping Destroyers and hope for a double turn.

Gordrak is the key unit here, without his buff this whole idea falls apart. There is no use donwgrading him to megaboss cause we need the 3 dice charge to make D3 damage with the gruntas.

I dont know,  it is crazy enough to try at least once =)

On 14 maj 2017 at 9:11 AM, Tom said:

Why don't you proxy the army An try it out? Tell us how it goes. 

Competitive aside could be fun

Yea, Ill atlets try it for a game later on. Ill be sure to update the thread with how it goes :)

On 13 maj 2017 at 10:35 PM, Soul oWar said:

the warchanter will only boost 1 group of 6 gruntas attack, and you will only hit the screen with the gruntas. After that the warchanter might be out of range for a turn to boost your attack.

Give first turn to ennemy hope they move a bit forward and try a turn 1 charge of the brutes, this will be devastating, thand steal t2 and hit with the brutes again. When this happen you usually start a new game. lol

Well thats how I use to play pure Ironjaws so I know how that works ;) And this got the same problems, The enemy, if wise, walks up with screens/baits and sometimes asumes Ill get the second turn. Often bombarding the brutes with his ranged attacks. These are hard times for us Ironjaws players haha ;) I,love the brutes but damn they gro low bravery for beeing the "hardest" Orruks.

its really good until you come up against an army with lots of cheap screens. Then it becomes far less effective, they can usually bait you into charging before you can get anything good with thier shooting

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 0:20 PM, tuorgustavo said:

Gordrak is the key unit here, without his buff this whole idea falls apart. There is no use donwgrading him to megaboss cause we need the 3 dice charge to make D3 damage with the gruntas.

You still need to be over 8" away from all enemies, so this is a huge risk (sure, you should roll 8 on 3D6, but still!). Also even with buffs, you're still relying on wounding on 4+ with no Rend before triggering any of that sweet D3 damage.

Even with buffs, they simply don't do the required damaged. Don't forget that a Warchanter buff only lasts for your turn and they will likely be out of range in future turns. If anyone has the ability to screen off their important units, you're in big big trouble.

In short, if you're talking about it from a competitive sense it is, unfortunately, rubbish!!

That said, there is definitely fun to be had with Gore-gruntas. I ran a list with 3x 3 in a Gorefist recently (you can see my thread for a battle report) and am planning on running 18 later in the year...such a hard slog painting them though!!

@christomlin, sure this isnt a competive list. But it may create just enough mayhem to be fun! Can you image the look on your opponent´s face when you declare 2 units doing 32 attacks 3+/4+/-/D3 with the gruntas and then 30 attacks 3+/3+/-1/1 (gore hackas) with the rider!?  :D

Yes, exactly. And good players screen Well. But more and more lists are elit armies and minimum BLs. You will most certenly get some nice units killed when you charge. I know the rens isnt the best but the share number of attacks will do some damage ;) 

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, tuorgustavo said:

@christomlin, sure this isnt a competive list. But it may create just enough mayhem to be fun! Can you image the look on your opponent´s face when you declare 2 units doing 32 attacks 3+/4+/-/D3 with the gruntas and then 30 attacks 3+/3+/-1/1 (gore hackas) with the rider!?  :D

Haha...yeh, it's totally fun man! Would be a blast. I'm definitely looking forward to rocking out with all 18 of my Gruntas!!

Conversely though, can you image the look on your own face when you intentionally leave yourself with 8" charges because you want to do D3 damage on 4+ to wound, no rend attacks and roll a bunch of 7's*!! ;) 

Give it a try though and let us know how it goes!

*I know its 3D6, but failure is still a realistic proposition. Personally I'd probably drop them 3" away and guarantee the charge. It's the Brutes who will do all the damage anyway.

Well, if its a life and death charge you leave em 3" away but as you got 3 large squads atleast one will do some gambling. 8" with 3d6, ive taken worse odds ;) 

But i would recommend borrowing some gruntas before you try this list haha. 

As I said, must try it out once tough :) 

I'd go for the 8" charges most of the time. With 3d6 you have a whopping 84% chance of making it, which is equivalent to a 2+ roll on 1d6. Of course, if you really must make the charge you should go closer, but otherwise I'd say it's worth the gamble.

12 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I'd say it's worth the gamble.

I actually really don't think it is, especially if we are discussing this in conjunction with Gordrakk's one use Command Ability. You want to ensure you get the most out of it.

Whilst it may not make a difference, remember you would have to stay more that 8" away from all enemy units, not just the one you want to charge (stupid rule!!). Could come into play.

I suppose the flipside is that it's a silly list anyway, so why not just go balls out right?!

4 hours ago, Jesper77 said:

But i would recommend borrowing some gruntas before you try this list haha. 

I own the models, so probably owe it to us all to try it out haha!!

Archived