Dark Elves Project

Alessio

Hallo everybody! This is my first post on this forum and I'd like to tell you something about myself. I'm italian and I live in Galway(Ireland) what a strange combination!! Anyway, I started collecting, painting and playing warhammer miniatures about 13 years ago. I still remember when I got inside the GW store in Rome for the first time, it's been love at first sight. But for various reasons I've been away from the hobby for last 5 years and now I decided to go back with age of sigmar.

When I start a new army I usually choose it because I like to paint the models and I don't care about the rules, so painting is the main thing. So I decided to go for the dark elves(or dark aelves) before they get extincted because I like the models. Reading a bit about the AOS lore I got that they now fight for the Order so even if their real loyalty is ambiguous I thought my army like a proper order army and I opted for light colours(unusual for dark elves). Then I decide to paint all the metallic parts with a MNM technic because I like it more then metallic colour paints, although is the first time I'm using MNM on a whole army before I did it only on singol models for painting competitions. I painted their skin dark/blue because I'm a great fan of the elder scrolls videogames saga, and for who doesn't know it, in these games dark elves have dark skin and that's how I got inspired. I'd like to know if you like or not my work, any feedback is much appreciated!8e737bca733ebc4206af434cf3eb8b83.jpg7b7fb1d1145e03c5ac37057212727b19.jpgacee515e03312c28e3f90164101911a5.jpg91ea6f824efc50b070c05fa0aa1f24e6.jpg

Awesome painting style, I love it!
And I think you have nailed the dark elf skin tone of Elder Scrolls- please tell me which colors you have used?

Thanks! For the skin I used Macragge blue from citadel mixed with some black for the base and then I add some white little by little to highlight it.

Sent from my LG-K220 using Tapatalk

'Order' doesn't imply an army is good or evil. The skin tone makes the elves look very dark, despite the color scheme which is pretty light. 

I'm an absolute sucker for white robes and (NMM) gold (as you can see in my plog) and the quality of painting is really good so I love these! The bright red of the sea-dragon cloak doesn't really do it for me though. I would have fine for a more neutral/dark color to keep it more monochrome. 

Looking forward to seeing more. 

'Order' doesn't imply an army is good or evil. The skin tone makes the elves look very dark, despite the color scheme which is pretty light. 
I'm an absolute sucker for white robes and (NMM) gold (as you can see in my plog) and the quality of painting is really good so I love these! The bright red of the sea-dragon cloak doesn't really do it for me though. I would have fine for a more neutral/dark color to keep it more monochrome. 

Yes, I was so undecided about the cloak's color and I understand what you say but I'm planning to paint a Red dragon and red cold ones(that I'll show you soon) basically all red reptiles and I wanted to keep this theme. The background I had in my mind about the hero, which I'll play as a dreadlord and not as a fleetmaster, is that he used to be a cold one knight then he lost his trusty mount and his leg in a heroic fighting that he won at the end, since that day he cannot mount a cold one again('cause of his missing leg) but he always wears the cloak made by his loved reptile skin in memory of old times (it sounds a bit cheesy I know!) thank you for replying!

And I forgot to tell you that I saw your wonderful job with the cult of slaanesh and it impressed me a lot, your quality of MNM is an example to follow for me!

I'm so sorry about the bad quality of the pictures but this is the best I could do, I'm not a good photographer and the only camera I have is my phone, anyway these are the drakespawn knights I've just finished and I'm pretty happy with the result. Actually the cold ones flakes are much darker than how they look from the pictures, they have more shades between each others.
I made a small conversion with their heads using the ones from the stormcast eternals sprue, I just did it because I like these heads and I think they fit very well the models. I hope you like it, let me know!a1bae9e02dde8e6f6c620dfa7beb6605.jpgfa5af3000142515553dcd30f56dff852.jpge45975f59e7e0e108f029fb37cea0ee9.jpg

Really unique colour scheme, very characterful and menacing!
Is there much of an AoS scene over in Galway?

No much unfortunately, I'm starting again after 5 years away from the hobby but as far as I know there are around 10 people collecting and playing AOS in Galway. the good thing is that in the last months many people started so hopefully our number is going to increase. The local shop is going to organize a tournament in June.

So far they look great. Just enough variation in the colors to keep it interesting but very clearly one forced. The red cold ones look great and remind me of mini-versions of the carnosaur you see in the Seraphon art. I can't wait to see where you take this force! xD

9 hours ago, Alessio said:

No much unfortunately, I'm starting again after 5 years away from the hobby but as far as I know there are around 10 people collecting and playing AOS in Galway

Sounds like there's potential there at least, the few guys I've always played with are scattered across Dublin, London, Cavan and Meath by now so it's getting harder over time - I'm more about the (super slow) painting and web browsing these days!

Anyway, keep up the sweet painting! :)

I don't think I'd seen the dark elven weapon crew before and never expected those models to be so cool! Between the way you've painted them and the models themselves their armor is especially reminiscent of the dunmer bonemold armor from Morrowind. Love the Elder Scrolls vibe!

I don't think I'd seen the dark elven weapon crew before and never expected those models to be so cool! Between the way you've painted them and the models themselves their armor is especially reminiscent of the dunmer bonemold armor from Morrowind. Love the Elder Scrolls vibe!

Thanks! In fact that's exactly the effect I wanted to reach, especially the helmets remind me the elder scrolls saga, furthermore these models are so cool although they are very old.

Archived