I was thinking of the following: 

GKoTG with garland and completely delusional 400

Varghulf courtier 160

Arkhan the Black 320

3x10 ghouls 300

9 horrors 480

Reinforcements: 340

2000/2000

Flexible list that can either summon in Flayers via GKoTG or can use Arkhan to summon in Morghasts/other units in case you need more rend. 
This would give them a fair amount of reach into enemy territory and with the GKoTG and Arkhan, they should be fairly mobile. Horrors as a shield to prevent them from getting bogged down to much by hordes. 

Should be fairly strong in offensive magic and have a good grind down unit due to horrors with unholy vitality and deathless minions. 

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like my Royal Menagerie list....I think it has the potential to just eat everything. And I really love monsters just flying around...but I feel I need to balance out Ghouls with Monsters. Not sure what to do though. Ghouls are the best meat grinder unit which I think is what this new meta needs...but damn I love the Menagerie lol

24 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

I like my Royal Menagerie list....I think it has the potential to just eat everything. And I really love monsters just flying around...but I feel I need to balance out Ghouls with Monsters. Not sure what to do though. Ghouls are the best meat grinder unit which I think is what this new meta needs...but damn I love the Menagerie lol

How about switching the AGKoZD to a the Terrorgheist version then dropping one of the regular Terrorgheist.  That still gives you 3 flying beasties to run around causing havoc with the scream but enough points to buff up the ghoul units.  Seems like a good compromise.

27 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

How about switching the AGKoZD to a the Terrorgheist version then dropping one of the regular Terrorgheist.  That still gives you 3 flying beasties to run around causing havoc with the scream but enough points to buff up the ghoul units.  Seems like a good compromise.

That could work yeah.  Drop one Tgheist and the battalion to free up points. The reason I was thinking AGKoZD was cuz his spell is a aoe effect around him instead of just picking unit. Re-roll to wounds I think is much better for combat due to the Tgheists 6 MW on wound rolls of 6+. The monsters will probably be in combat more the shooting so that was kinda my thought process there.

That would be 2 Tgheists and the AGKoZD flying around in a yummy chewy death block and the extra points could buff up some Ghouls or add something else...decisions...

So I only just read the abilites and Abattoir and holy ******  it sounds devastating for anti-horde...roll a dice for each enemy model within 3" of an Abattoir model...thats a lot of rolling to potentially spit out MWs . As much as I hate Horrors that might be worth considering

7 hours ago, Malakithe said:

That could work yeah.  Drop one Tgheist and the battalion to free up points. The reason I was thinking AGKoZD was cuz his spell is a aoe effect around him instead of just picking unit. Re-roll to wounds I think is much better for combat due to the Tgheists 6 MW on wound rolls of 6+. The monsters will probably be in combat more the shooting so that was kinda my thought process there.

That would be 2 Tgheists and the AGKoZD flying around in a yummy chewy death block and the extra points could buff up some Ghouls or add something else...decisions...

How does Royal Menagerie work, can you have three beasts with riders filling the battalion requirements or would you have to have the three monsters and then another GKoTG?

11 minutes ago, Locien83 said:

How does Royal Menagerie work, can you have three beasts with riders filling the battalion requirements or would you have to have the three monsters and then another GKoTG?

It's just the beasts. My list a couple pages back is a example of a correct Royal Menagerie 

This is my v.1 2k competitive list.. hordes ladz, hordes 

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
- General
- Trait: Completely Delusional 
- Artefact: Blood River Chalice 
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
- Artefact: The Flayed Pennant 
Varghulf Courtier (160)
Varghulf Courtier (160)

Battleline
Ghoul Patrol (360)
40 x Crypt Ghouls
Ghoul Patrol (360)
40 x Crypt Ghouls
Ghoul Patrol (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (150)

Total: 1970/2000

7 hours ago, GonnaWorkForFood said:

At warscroll builder Royal menagerie doesnt have any points . Probably its removed 

It's still there for me and its in the GHB2017.  Did you by chance check on mobile? Sometimes I have trouble scrolling the drop down windows in scrollbuilder on mobile so it looks like things are cut off. (Has confused me before).

2 hours ago, TheWilddog said:

It's still there for me and its in the GHB2017.  Did you by chance check on mobile? Sometimes I have trouble scrolling the drop down windows in scrollbuilder on mobile so it looks like things are cut off. (Has confused me before).

Those are all the battalions i can find in fec . Im still waiting for my copy of the ghb2 to be sure .

Screenshot_2017-09-10-23-39-33.jpeg

I think for list building we can go 2 ways. Fear, Intimidation, and alpha strike through Royal Menagerie  or endless meat grinder mode through infinite Ghouls. 3 x 40 Ghouls is a lot is expensive but it would take complete focus just to wipe one unit. Potential Ghoul recovery includes D6(Ghoul Patrol)+Crypt Ghast(max 6)+Varghulf(max 6). The grind is real lol

On 9/6/2017 at 11:51 PM, Jgregs said:

Hey Hey

I don't like having too many squishy small heros. 

However this is my updated list since that list you quoted got posted.

Crypt Infernal Courtier (140)
- General
Varghulf Courtier (160)
- Artefact: The Grim Garland 
Necromancer (110)
9 x Crypt Flayers (480)
6 x Crypt Flayers (320)
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)
Deadwatch (210)

Total: 1980/ 2000

Maybe try dropping 3 of the flayers and get an allies unit of 30 zombies for 180 points. that would bring you to an even 2000 and give you some bodies in the back field.

Hey this is my list and i'm currently undefeated with it, it hits hard and ruins people. enjoy! 

On 9/8/2017 at 7:16 AM, Tizianolol said:

Guys it can be a general question, but is there a unit for death that can reduce enemy breavery? I m planning a list build fed around terrorgh but I need something to debuff breavery:)

-2 bravery on terrorghiest artefact and the screaming skull catapult

On 9/10/2017 at 11:22 AM, Malakithe said:

If you want to run that i would look at doing this 

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King (120)
- General
Varghulf Courtier (160)

Battleline
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
3 x Crypt Horrors (160)
- Flesh Eater Courts Battleline (Crypt Haunter Courtier General)

Behemoths
Terrorgheist (300)
Zombie Dragon (300)
Terrorgheist (300)

Battalions
Royal Menagerie (110)

Here you got 40 wounds of meat that your opponeent has to go through to get to an objective, then you got the horrors who can be pushed forward to pack a punch. Then you have the 3 big beasties (May i just say you can run all terrorghiest or what not), however i think having 2 Terrorghiest and one Zombie dragon is a good balance as Zombie dragons missile attack auto hits with unit sizes of 6+. However he doesnt heal when a GK is near him. I would also recommend playing around with different artefacts with this type of list as theres alot of flexibility. The best part of this list is its pretty much 3 SCB + a vargulf couriter :)

43 minutes ago, Okami said:

Hey this is my list and i'm currently undefeated with it, it hits hard and ruins people. enjoy! 

-2 bravery on terrorghiest artefact and the screaming skull catapult

If you want to run that i would look at doing this 

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King (120)
- General
Varghulf Courtier (160)

Battleline
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
3 x Crypt Horrors (160)
- Flesh Eater Courts Battleline (Crypt Haunter Courtier General)

Behemoths
Terrorgheist (300)
Zombie Dragon (300)
Terrorgheist (300)

Battalions
Royal Menagerie (110)

Here you got 40 wounds of meat that your opponeent has to go through to get to an objective, then you got the horrors who can be pushed forward to pack a punch. Then you have the 3 big beasties (May i just say you can run all terrorghiest or what not), however i think having 2 Terrorghiest and one Zombie dragon is a good balance as Zombie dragons missile attack auto hits with unit sizes of 6+. However he doesnt heal when a GK is near him. I would also recommend playing around with different artefacts with this type of list as theres alot of flexibility. The best part of this list is its pretty much 3 SCB + a vargulf couriter :)

Need more Ghouls instead of Horrors for battleline. Wouldnt be able to use one of the abilities in the battalion since the big pets would never be near the King.

1 minute ago, Malakithe said:

Need more Ghouls instead of Horrors for battleline. Wouldnt be able to use one of the abilities in the battalion since the big pets would never be near the King.

WOOOPS i have a bad habbit of putting that in there since most people ask me to write a list with the haunter! My bad yes More Ghouls sorry! 

On 10/09/2017 at 10:54 PM, Okami said:

However this is my updated list since that list you quoted got posted.

Crypt Infernal Courtier (140)
- General
Varghulf Courtier (160)
- Artefact: The Grim Garland 
Necromancer (110)
9 x Crypt Flayers (480)
6 x Crypt Flayers (320)
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)
Deadwatch (210)

Total: 1980/ 2000

Dear Fellow Hobbyist,

I've been following this thread with great interest as I intend to start a death army. 

I'm trying to stay away from Horde and would prefer a more Elite oriented army (I enjoy Elite army mainly due to faster deployment / movements / overall game length, easier to carry around and also quicker to paint).  I'm actually very interested in Okami Crypt Flayers list reproduced above (I had seen a similar list before on 1d4chan, but was waiting for GH2017 to make a move). In a nutshell, low model count, having access to rend & mortal wounds, the ability to heal and regenerate models, good mobility, are all elements I find attracting.

Before ordering all models (I currently have 0 death model), I wanted to have some feedback regarding a few things:

Q1. Because of all the required Crypt Flayers, that army would be quite expensive ($).

However to preserve some future flexibility, instead of ordering all flayers separately I was thinking of getting 3 or 4 Start Collecting Boxes (this way I could also run a Royal Menagerie list, which sounds super fun to play) and expending from there. But before I do so, I just want to make sure that the horrors can indeed be built as crypt flayers with all the bits that are in the box - don't want to go bit hunting (I heard so however its not mentioned on GW website), kindly confirm? Also any hint on how to acquire such a list without spending a fortune would  be most welcome.

Q2. What worries me most about this list is getting the Crypt Infernal Courtier and Varghulf sniped early. What do you guys think about switching the necromancer & varghulf courtier for 2 additional Crypt infernal courtiers (so having 3 infernal in total - 1990 points)?

This way I could have a crypt infernal courtier babysitting each pack of crypt flayers. Yes I'd lose the potential extra pile in / attack from Necro Danse Macabre, but its a cast so not guaranteed either and can be unbinded.

Q3. I've read conflicting answers, so trying to find a consensus regarding Flayers and Terrogheist Bravery attacks. When comparing bravery, do you factor in banners as well as +1 bravery for every 10 models in the unit?

Q4. In theory this army sound awesome and I believe it would fit perfectly my playstyle, but since I'e never play tested it I'm afraid I could be missing something. Are there other flaws apart from heroes being sniped and low model counts making it more difficult to contest objectives?

Q5. Any tips on how to speed paint FEC?

Basically any feedback would be welcome. I'm on the edge of ordering all models, but I guess I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance because of the significant cost ($) to make this list. Especially those who have played such a list or against it, I would really love to hear about your experience.

Cheers,

Bullrott

Q1- the flesh eater court start collecting box lets you  build either horrors or flayers. all the bits needed are in there.

Q2 - I would consider a varhgulf courtier with the blood river chalice and mystic shield him.

Q3 - I don't think Banners have any effect on the scream attacks. I think they are just for battle shock?

Q4 - An option is a big blob of say 40 allied zombies.

Q5 - 

8 hours ago, seanafly said:

What's the best way to play lots and lots of horrors in gh2? I have 15 of the guys ?

I think they're probably the best horde sweepers in the faction, even though they're a bit less efficient now, which could be handy given #hordemeta. When they've got the re-roll buff from a Ghoul King their attacks are more reliable and the lack of rend but higher damage seems more useful versus a mass of low armour save 1 wound models. They grind a little better as well, I guess.

Archived