• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Jgregs said:

What is the consensus on allies for flesh eaters? I was thinking of running a big unit of zombies plus a corpse cart to go along with the ghoul king on terrorgheist and the crypt  flayer dead watch battalion.

Was leaning towards Mortis Engines.  Will synergize with the garland, improve casting, and provide some healing.

1 hour ago, Jgregs said:

What is the consensus on allies for flesh eaters? I was thinking of running a big unit of zombies plus a corpse cart to go along with the ghoul king on terrorgheist and the crypt  flayer dead watch battalion.

I like the idea of a big blob of zombies holding the backfield objectives while the Flayer and such rush forward.  Also as everyone has said the Necromancer is pretty solid.  Moving him forward and buffing a big unit of Ghouls or Flayer with Danse seems like a no brainer.    

32 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

@Grimnaud I also decided on the AGKoZD cuz his re-roll wounds spell is a aoe and could greatly help with the Terrorgheists to roll those 6s for some hot 6 MW chomp action

Except for the items, and switching the Varghulf for a unit of Flayers I ended up with pretty much the same list you did. The synergy isn't as ideal as in the old one, but that fact that it actually works is a big plus ;) Hopefully it will still be fast and fun to play. But as soon as I get back, I'm painting ghouls. Going full grind for B&G in November :D 140 of the little buggers. At least.

On 30/8/2017 at 10:11 AM, Okami said:

Thought i would bump this thread up due to FEC got abilities. Get a disccusion going and help out with list building for people who are struggling to make their lists work with the new points and understanding what abilities and artefacts they should take. Im no pro however i have played enough sigma that i know what is a good combination for an overall build and understanding that the new meta will be large unit numbers. 

I reckon they are super powerful as a death army alone. With some of the abilities can make the army more durable and make them hit hard at the same time or one of the other. 

Here is my new Amended list: 

Allegiance: FEC

Leaders
Crypt Infernal Courtier (140)
- General
- Trait: Completely Delusional 
Varghulf Courtier (160)
- Artefact: Blood River Chalice 
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
- Artefact: The Grim Garland 
Abhorrant Ghoul King (120)

Battleline
9 x Crypt Flayers (480)
- Flesh Eater Courts Battleline (Crypt Infernal Courtier General)
6 x Crypt Flayers (320)
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)

Battalions
Deadwatch (210)

Total: 1990/2000

Why the following? 

Ghoul king on foot = Cheap hero wizard and black hunger make flayers super scary now with double and maybe triple pile in with new abilities. 
GK on TG = Spell to make things more durable and also with the -2 Bravery and his shooting attack makes it a lethal combo. 
Vargul with Chalice instead of TG and my Infernal = Due to he has 8 wounds unlike the Infernal only has 6, so healing D6 is more worthwhile for the vargul as it does stay alive longer and with this artefact makes him even better, even though he does heal D3 when he slays something in combat. 

Units of 9, 6, 3. Instead of running 3 x units of 6 flayers, running one unit of 9 are clearly going to be hard to shift for my opponent and are going to hit hard. While the 6 will also hit hard and will give back up. Now the 3 man unit is there to hold objectives as the new Generals Handbook makes units now stay back with objectives instead of tag and go. So instead of wasting 360 points on a 6 man unit holding an objective. I would rather a 3 man holding on objective while the rest of the force goes out and hits hard. This is how i amended my lit with the new points for a GK on ZD and the battalion being 210. I still make it work and still a  low Drop Army so i will most likely deciding who goes first. Also this will wreck the new META which will be hordes who generally don't have great bravery. So the terrorgheist with the artefact is going to hit hard wit its scream and also going to make my enemies battle shock a lot worse. Also the scream on the flayers can also do something now with that artefact near by. 

Running my infernal as completely delusional is there for flexibility instead of Dark Wizardry one as i could just fit in a GK on foot or if i want to i could add in a necromancer. With being able to change the delusion for the army will make the army be versatile for game changing situations. E.g Stardrake got pushed forward on enemy lines towards you, so you change to an offensive delusion against monsters. Or if your heros are going to be in a sticky situation then grand tournament next turn would make them hit hard back for each other. So thats why that is there for my list. 

I've already had one game with this list and I was happy how it turned out. The only thing i got to get use to is to be 6" within my hero for death save instead of 10" as its now a habit. However I will let you guys know how this list goes in a team tournament setting. However i feel it will do well as its a list no one will see much of and when people realise what it does i reckon it will be hard for them or to late to find a way to make it what it does...which is hit hard and stay durable. 

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
Varghulf Courtier (160)
Necromancer (110)
9 x Crypt Flayers (480)
6 x Crypt Flayers (320)
6 x Crypt Flayers (320)
Deadwatch (210)

Total: 2000/2000

What do you think about this one instead . Tryied to cover not having the extra 5+ of the king on geist with more regen from the courtiers . I think the heroes will get snipped asap tho.

4 hours ago, GonnaWorkForFood said:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
Varghulf Courtier (160)
Necromancer (110)
9 x Crypt Flayers (480)
6 x Crypt Flayers (320)
6 x Crypt Flayers (320)
Deadwatch (210)

Total: 2000/2000

What do you think about this one instead . Tryied to cover not having the extra 5+ of the king on geist with more regen from the courtiers . I think the heroes will get snipped asap tho.

Hey Hey

I don't like having too many squishy small heros. 

However this is my updated list since that list you quoted got posted.

- General
Varghulf Courtier (160)
Necromancer (110)
9 x Crypt Flayers (480)
6 x Crypt Flayers (320)
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)
Deadwatch (210)

Total: 1980/ 2000

I need the terrorgheist for his scream attack and also him with a large base he can cover alot of enemy units at -2 Bravery, so my flayers can hit them with their scream attack aswell and for battleshock. Having a big beastie on the table is good for table coverage and denying enemy models to objectives and also as a big target. His spell also makes my unit of 9 or 6 flayers more durable or even my valgulf. 

Added the necromancer to give the army a bit more punch, espeically that unit of 9 now piling in MIN three times per turn. 

However thanks for the idea. 

12 hours ago, Jgregs said:

if your gonna run deadwatch get a necromancer as they make them pile in again. Its what i am doing with my dead watch list. 

2 hours ago, Okami said:

Hey Hey

- General
Varghulf Courtier (160)
Necromancer (110)
9 x Crypt Flayers (480)
6 x Crypt Flayers (320)
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)
Deadwatch (210)

I need the terrorgheist for his scream attack and also him with a large base he can cover alot of enemy units at -2 Bravery, so my flayers can hit them with their scream attack aswell and for battleshock. Having a big beastie on the table is good for table coverage and denying enemy models to objectives and also as a big target. His spell also makes my unit of 9 or 6 flayers more durable or even my valgulf. 

Added the necromancer to give the army a bit more punch, espeically that unit of 9 now piling in MIN three times per turn. 

However thanks for the idea. 

If you play test it anytime soon would you mind posting some feedback ? Im really interested how it went .

This is the list I am testing at the moment. Going to play in my first tournament soon and still very new to the game. 

Been following this thread closely and there are some really cool lists floating about but I am a bit limited at the moment by what I have.

Any feedback or thoughts from those more experienced would be highly appreciated:

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon
Crypt Haunter Courtier
- General
- Trait: Dark Wizardry  
Varghulf Courtier
Crypt Ghast Courtier

Battleline
6 x Crypt Horrors
3 x Crypt Horrors
30 x Crypt Ghouls

Total: 1980/2000

12 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Yeah I think the new approach people are having is full grind mode with supporting elites to do actual dmg. 

Endless Ghouls could work but their lack of rend means you'll need real support from something 

Until the meta shakes out again and we know what to counter, FEC needs to play to its strengths. We are one of a much smaller number of armies that can get in a solid alpha-strike with the menageri, and we regenerate and grind like there's no tomorrow. I'll be testing the menageri next weekend, then a grind list in November. 

Hey Hey

- General
Varghulf Courtier (160)
Necromancer (110)
9 x Crypt Flayers (480)
6 x Crypt Flayers (320)
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)
Deadwatch (210)

Maybe try dropping 3 of the flayers and get an allies unit of 30 zombies for 180 points. that would bring you to an even 2000 and give you some bodies in the back field.

18 hours ago, Grimnaud said:

Until the meta shakes out again and we know what to counter, FEC needs to play to its strengths. We are one of a much smaller number of armies that can get in a solid alpha-strike with the menageri, and we regenerate and grind like there's no tomorrow. I'll be testing the menageri next weekend, then a grind list in November. 

Do you have a Ghoul grind list made up already? I would like to see 

5 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Do you have a Ghoul grind list made up already? I would like to see 

Sure.

It's still work in progress, but the core is built around 3x40 ghouls, 4x Crypt Ghast Courtiers, a Ghoul King on foot, a Necromancer and a Corpse Cart. That leaves 290 points for summoning.

The three units of ghouls will be deployed in drop-shapes with a tail trailing back to and enveloping the cluster of heroes waaaaay back in my backfield. The beauty here is the grind potential of a unit of 40 ghouls in combination with four Ghast Courtiers within range. With those four regenerating an average of 20 ghouls each turn, those units of ghouls are very hard to get rid off. In fact, against rend -1 weapons (so assuming no save other than Undying Courtiers), you'd need to inflict 26-30 wounds to the unit in order to wipe it out. Of course, it's vulnerable to a double turn, but if you're in danger of a double turn that also means than one of the units will be sporting inspiring presence, and hopefully mystic shield on one of them as well. These Ghoul units are also the main source of damage output, 3 attacks each as long as they're over 20 strong, rerolling one's to hit do to the Ghoul King, with the chance of an extra attack from Black Hunger, and a double activation from the Necromancer. However, the whole point of this army is to claim objectives and grind. I'm happy with them not killing anything as long as they don't die.

The Corpse Cart is there to boost spellcasting and summoning. With 290 points of summoning and a +1 to casting it gives the army a small swiss army knife of options. Morghast Archai to help against armour, Banshees to claim objectives or supply mortal wounds, or a unit of 20 Zombies on a 7+ to claim/block of an objective, or Bat Swarms to blunt enemy shooting.

I'm considering redusing the size of one of the ghoul units to twenty and using it specifically to shield my hero cluster. That would free up another 160 points. Another point I'm considering is that this army doesn't really NEED the FEC allegiance. That means I could swap the Ghoul King for a General with a better command ability. The original plan was to use the GK's command ability to summon in another 20 Ghouls, but since the Majestic Horror rule doesn't allow me to double the unit size, but rather use the ability twice, I'm less impressed. With the new battleplans focusing on hordes 20 is the magic number.

If anyone is wondering why I'm not including the Ghoul Patrol in a list built around regeneration, the answer is simply the word must. The Ghoul Patrol must set up within 6" of an edge at the end of your first movement phase, and can only charge in that turn. So instead of potentialy being anywhere on the board up to 21,5" (assuming a 12" deployment area), they're stuck at a table edge unless I get of a long charge. The Flayed Pennant can mitiate that charge, but how much bang for your buck are you really going to get from using a one-shot item on the Ghoul Patrol? I think it's highly unlikely that you'll get more than two units of ghouls in range of both the Flayed Pennant and an enemy unit they can charge. Even then, you'll be sending the Ghouls in unbuffed, since they weren't on the table in your hero phase. I would rather add ten points and swap the battalion for another two Crypt Ghast Courtiers.

7 hours ago, Grimnaud said:

Sure.

It's still work in progress, but the core is built around 3x40 ghouls, 4x Crypt Ghast Courtiers, a Ghoul King on foot, a Necromancer and a Corpse Cart. That leaves 290 points for summoning.

The three units of ghouls will be deployed in drop-shapes with a tail trailing back to and enveloping the cluster of heroes waaaaay back in my backfield. The beauty here is the grind potential of a unit of 40 ghouls in combination with four Ghast Courtiers within range. With those four regenerating an average of 20 ghouls each turn, those units of ghouls are very hard to get rid off. In fact, against rend -1 weapons (so assuming no save other than Undying Courtiers), you'd need to inflict 26-30 wounds to the unit in order to wipe it out. Of course, it's vulnerable to a double turn, but if you're in danger of a double turn that also means than one of the units will be sporting inspiring presence, and hopefully mystic shield on one of them as well. These Ghoul units are also the main source of damage output, 3 attacks each as long as they're over 20 strong, rerolling one's to hit do to the Ghoul King, with the chance of an extra attack from Black Hunger, and a double activation from the Necromancer. However, the whole point of this army is to claim objectives and grind. I'm happy with them not killing anything as long as they don't die.

The Corpse Cart is there to boost spellcasting and summoning. With 290 points of summoning and a +1 to casting it gives the army a small swiss army knife of options. Morghast Archai to help against armour, Banshees to claim objectives or supply mortal wounds, or a unit of 20 Zombies on a 7+ to claim/block of an objective, or Bat Swarms to blunt enemy shooting.

I'm considering redusing the size of one of the ghoul units to twenty and using it specifically to shield my hero cluster. That would free up another 160 points. Another point I'm considering is that this army doesn't really NEED the FEC allegiance. That means I could swap the Ghoul King for a General with a better command ability. The original plan was to use the GK's command ability to summon in another 20 Ghouls, but since the Majestic Horror rule doesn't allow me to double the unit size, but rather use the ability twice, I'm less impressed. With the new battleplans focusing on hordes 20 is the magic number.

If anyone is wondering why I'm not including the Ghoul Patrol in a list built around regeneration, the answer is simply the word must. The Ghoul Patrol must set up within 6" of an edge at the end of your first movement phase, and can only charge in that turn. So instead of potentialy being anywhere on the board up to 21,5" (assuming a 12" deployment area), they're stuck at a table edge unless I get of a long charge. The Flayed Pennant can mitiate that charge, but how much bang for your buck are you really going to get from using a one-shot item on the Ghoul Patrol? I think it's highly unlikely that you'll get more than two units of ghouls in range of both the Flayed Pennant and an enemy unit they can charge. Even then, you'll be sending the Ghouls in unbuffed, since they weren't on the table in your hero phase. I would rather add ten points and swap the battalion for another two Crypt Ghast Courtiers.

This.

I like Ghoul patrol, but I'd rather test this "alpha strike first turn charge" list...

I've always preferred lists that can adapt  to the various scenarios and enemies I'm going to face. The Ghoul patrol seems to me a one trick pony...

maybe I'm wrong!

Has someone tested it yet?

35 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys it can be a general question, but is there a unit for death that can reduce enemy breavery? I m planning a list build fed around terrorgh but I need something to debuff breavery:)

The new Flesh-Eater Courts artifact gives -2 Bravery.  Also if you are willing to go with compendium units the Tomb Kings Screaming Skull Catapult also gives -2 bravery. 

Archived