3 hours ago, Glaurung said:

Yeah, they will cost 40 points more, so that we get 120 points free, while all the other factions will see points drops and so everything will be the same as before...

Is that confirmed?

I kind of hope not, as taking the King on a Gheist up means he can’t be taken as an ally anymore. 

If it was accompanied by a lowering of Crypt Ghouls and Horrors point costs it wouldn’t be too bad as they’re already overcosted. The cost of regeneration really should be on the heroes rather than the units though.

FEC points values have always been a bit odd really, and their odd battleline rules meant their GHB entries came off as a bit of an afterthought rather than a part of a plan.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/10/2018 at 5:49 PM, Inqy said:

I kind of hope not, as taking the King on a Gheist up means he can’t be taken as an ally anymore. 

Where and why do you ally him into?!?

Can‘t be LoN or Soulblight so Nighthaunt...

Legions of nagash can take flesh eaters as allies, just not the other way round, since legions of nagash isnt actually a keyword on the scrolls that other factions would be able to reference for ally purposes.

Which is dumb, since GW already knows how to do modular legion keywords in 40k, but whatever.  That's how it is.

Ok guys, Iread the GH.

everything’s the same, but ghoul king and hauter courtier Who cost 140.

undead minions within 12” instead of 6”

artifacts are the same. Command trait too, but majestic horror let’s you use the ability twice at the same time for only 1 CP.

the delusion that Made you reroll 1 to charge and advance now lets you reroll everything.

10 hours ago, Glaurung said:

the delusion that Made you reroll 1 to charge and advance now lets you reroll everything.

Everything? Wouldn't that make all the other delusions redundant? (Since they're all reroll 1's of some variety.) Have they come up with a completely new table of delusions or just folded them all into a single power? Edit: Sorry, I'm an idiot, you just meant it let's you reroll charge/run in general right? Odd one to choose to buff if so as it's already the most generally useful of the delusions. *shrugs*

Raising the cost of ghoul king on foot makes sense, not just cause he's now a really cheap source of extra ghouls but because as the cheapest wizards they've also been inherently buffed by the general expansion of magic. Not sure about why the Haunter courtier needed a raise but eh. Could have been a lot worse.

Would be nice if they changed FEC battleline rules though.

2 hours ago, choocheelo said:

that is for only FEC or all death now can?

It would make more sense if it was for all of Death, but only for units 'wholly within' the range, since they've already said they want to extend the range of a lot of powers but only have it apply to units/models wholly within range.

This news has good and bad sides:

+ 2 summonings for 1CP via majestic horror is great!

- So great that you'd never consider any other command trait if you have a GKoTG.

- So great that making anything else than a GKoTG your general, kind of daft (except maybe GKoZD for 2 varghulfs).

- So great that making a non summoner your general (like a Crypt haunter courtier/Crypt Infernal courtier) a very dumb choice, so using some 10 man ghoul units is the only way out of this). 

+ the summoning is going to make certain warscrolls really great (attendants at court and royal family in particular). 

+ the extra range on DM is very welcome, as FEC has issues with spreading out as it is. 

This change is making me consider a Flesh Eater army. They were already among my favorite Death models, but now the versatility of summoning and the fun of building lists with different levels of CP really has me interested. Can't wait for everything to be out!

>Ghoul King +20pts
>Haunter Courtier +20pts
>Abbatoir +20pts

>Attendants at Court +10pts
>Deathwatch -40pts
>Ghoul patrol +30pts
>King's ghouls +40pts
>Royal family +40pts
>Royal menagerie +30pts
>Royal mordants +40pts

It would seem... It doesn't hit us too hard, attendants at court still seems like an absolute winner to me and royal family will be interesting too, despite being +80p in total for that battalion. 

I was thinking about trying a 2k list with: 

GKoZD (440) general with majestic horror

Crypt haunter courtier (140)

6 Crypt horrors (320)

6 Crypt horrors (320)

6 Crypt Flayers (320)

3*10 Ghouls (300)

Attendants at court (160)

If I understand everything correctly, you'd be able to drop in 3 Vargulfs via summoning during the game for an additional 480p in a 2000p game in 1 or 2 turns. 

Sounds nasty in a crusader  army that rerolls charges and still has a lot of horrors who can operate fairly independently from  the VLoZD (although you probably want that feeding frenzy kicking off as well). 

It might prove quite good in a game that will have a lot less 2+ armor rolls. 

38 minutes ago, Elmir said:

I was thinking about trying a 2k list with: 

GKoZD (440) general with majestic horror

Crypt haunter courtier (140)

6 Crypt horrors (320)

6 Crypt horrors (320)

6 Crypt Flayers (320)

3*10 Ghouls (300)

Attendants at court (160)

If I understand everything correctly, you'd be able to drop in 3 Vargulfs via summoning during the game for an additional 480p in a 2000p game in 1 or 2 turns. 

Sounds nasty in a crusader  army that rerolls charges and still has a lot of horrors who can operate fairly independently from  the VLoZD (although you probably want that feeding frenzy kicking off as well). 

It might prove quite good in a game that will have a lot less 2+ armor rolls. 

If u take hauntes as general, horrors become a battleline so u drop 300pts for 2 vargulfs. Switch GkoZD for GkoTG and may spam flayers and horrors with vargulf and haunter regen. 

3 minutes ago, choocheelo said:

If u take hauntes as general, horrors become a battleline so u drop 300pts for 2 vargulfs. Switch GkoZD for GkoTG and may spam flayers and horrors with vargulf and haunter regen. 

I'm not keen on taking a  haunter as general because majestic horror will essentially not be an option then. Only GK variants come with a summon option and you still need a separate ghoul kings as a general for attendants at court to work. 

45 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

I'm starting to be nervous that I don't have enough models hahaha. Outside of characters (more than I could possibly need) and 2 ZD/1TG  I only have 9 Crypt Horrors and 80 Ghouls

Time to buy more Nightfeast Hunters boxes!

Archived