I'm a little disappointed in that this was an opportunity for FEC to get a some much needed attention. They have a a great story and a great theme, they  just need updated models and rules to realize them. I want to collect this army so bad, and display it next to my 4000 points of deathrattle but, sadly, I cannot find that last bit of incentive to push me into it sooo... Nighthaunt it must be.

Have I missed something though? Is there a glmirrer of something on the horizon now for FEC after the faction focus last night?

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Thats like the entirety of destructions problem too! Well at least FEC get free summoning.

True but in one way or another so do many other factions in AoS now with the new rules in edition 2.0

Free summoning means it doesn't cost reinforcement points, instead there is another mechanic with points of some description or another used in order to earn your way to summoning units I believe (from what I have read/heard).

FEC got one big problem before AoSv2. Your courtier were sniped out and you wern't able to bring back your models. This problem will be a bit better because of look out sir!. Additionaly you are able to summon new Units via Command Abilities. I other words it is a Point discount on your Ghoul Kings. Ghoul King on Terrorgheist is noch 240 Points for such a beast. Thats a big Buff for me. The Ghoul King on foot is nearly for free. Just 20 Points!

IMO we don't need new Spells. Unholy Vitality and Feeding Frenzy are so good spells you allway want to cast. 

I heard roumors of changes to the courtiers abilities to bring back models. The could be changed to that point, that we will be able to put more models on the table as the unitsize was before. Combine it with the Royal Familie battalion and you will put masses of units on the table. 

9 hours ago, Bademeister said:

FEC got one big problem before AoSv2. Your courtier were sniped out and you wern't able to bring back your models. This problem will be a bit better because of look out sir!. Additionaly you are able to summon new Units via Command Abilities. I other words it is a Point discount on your Ghoul Kings. Ghoul King on Terrorgheist is noch 240 Points for such a beast. Thats a big Buff for me. The Ghoul King on foot is nearly for free. Just 20 Points!

IMO we don't need new Spells. Unholy Vitality and Feeding Frenzy are so good spells you allway want to cast. 

I heard roumors of changes to the courtiers abilities to bring back models. The could be changed to that point, that we will be able to put more models on the table as the unitsize was before. Combine it with the Royal Familie battalion and you will put masses of units on the table. 

There was mention of and endless spell that provides cover against ranged attacks. This could be a god send for us, especially if it stacks normal cover. Plus there is look out sir.

The AGKoZD also became more tactical due to its ability to bring in courtiers on the fly.

Hopefully there will be not be any points hikes because of these changes. 

I am pretty excited for my FEC again! One thing I wouldnt mind though is if in the future GW happens to release a few new units to various armies and we got a named character, I do love my ghoul kings but I dont like it when all my HQs look the same, even with minor conversions they are just to close in appearance.

We had a game yesterday with me using 1000p of FEC in a 2v2 scenario. 

I started off with a CHC as general, a GK, 2 Vargulfs, 6 horrors and 10 ghouls. 

Had we taken the changes into account and allowed for bloating the units, the game would have ended with me having 2 units of ghouls (didn't bother bloating them), but with 1 varghulf dead, my GK dead but... with a units of 11 horrors at the end of it... I think FEC are going to be back in a BIG way and the overcosted units for us are almost justified. 

Those courtiers can add so much to your army. Two Vargulfs were already a pretty good option, but if they just grow units like they do, I'd never leave home without at least 2 in my list. 

PS: hard to pinpoint exactly how big the units would have ended up of, but out of my 18 dice I got the throw in turn 1, 4 of them triggered (and that's a below average result), which would have given me 10 to crash into the combat turn 2. That was massive... That unit hit like such a ton of bricks that they took few casualties in return. It would have been even harder had my opponent had a -1 to hit to shoot my courtiers who had an even bigger target on their head. 

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:22 AM, Honk said:

Unbound summoning with deletion of the troop cap... I can already hear my opponents scream imba in my face.

yep. from the limited info available. fec so far are the most questionable army in the game

50pts command ability so summon 145pt unit

courtiers paying themselves back nearly ever turn.

I'm sure they have thought this through though

Still getting  wasted against strong shooting! skyfire, kharadon or skrye clan can easily wipe out 2-3 supporting heros per volley. Same for beastclaw stampede...

so even with this buff it shouldn’t really turn on the god mode, except against pure melee armies. Poor ironjawz  XD

AoS 2.0 ... who’d thought it?! 

I hadn't ever done it before, but on the weekend I played a couple games unfettered by the handcuffs of Matched Play.  It plays sooooo differently from Matched Play.  We're doing a Path to Glory, and I was initially shocked that while my Legion opponent's dude on Zombie Dragon was accompanied by 2x3 Spirit Host,  5 Blood Knights, and Coven Throne, my dude on Zombie dragon was accompanied only by 10 ghouls.  I figured out exactly what fetters I could cast off about halfway into the game, too late to really turn it but in time to at least make a game of it. 

The second game though, I was doing it from the start...  My teeny tiny army turned into dude on Zombie Dragon plus Varghulf plus Ghast Courtier plus 40 ghouls before we got into any fighting (plus another 2 more courtiers that I didn't even summon since I felt bad hahaha).

On 5/27/2018 at 7:11 PM, Major said:

I'm a little disappointed in that this was an opportunity for FEC to get a some much needed attention. They have a a great story and a great theme, they  just need updated models and rules to realize them. I want to collect this army so bad, and display it next to my 4000 points of deathrattle but, sadly, I cannot find that last bit of incentive to push me into it sooo... Nighthaunt it must be.

Have I missed something though? Is there a glmirrer of something on the horizon now for FEC after the faction focus last night?

I agree, I hope they get at the very least a small wave of models sometime before the end of 2019. I love the look of the Varghulf, it's just a shame it isn't plastic if they did a plastic one with the same look and 2 head options i'd be thrilled to run two of them. Plus another ghoul king on foot would be nice, hopefully with a more unique design. 1-2 new units couldn't hurt either. This is really the army I want to collect this edition, but they need a small wave of figures to round them out into a range of models that doesn't feel so cobbled together by old figures. I'm thinking about collecting them anyway and just running 1k points, and that's it..until they get more love later down the road.

I'm relatively hopeful that we'll eventually see a 2nd edition Flesh Eaters book with revised faction rules, their own named characters, plastic varghulf, actual models for the courtiers, maybe a new unit or two.  If it happens, I might even start a small force myself.

Judging by the podcast, courtiers can't increase a unit beyond its original size. A shame, but let's face it that would have been overpowered as hell.

What I find myself wondering is whether the Majestic Horror command trait will let the general use his Command ability twice/double the single use of their command ability. Imagine running Ghoul Patrol with a GKoTG able to summon two Vhargulfs alongside the patrol... *drools.*

While we already have terrorghiests, z-dragons, and flayers, I think FEC could use some Gargoyle type monsters that to them look like shining gilded statues but in reality are dark stoney constructs. Maybe could even act as bodyguards for ghoul kings on monsters giving him Look Out Sir or something.

Spoiler

99811466005_DwellerintheDarkNEW02.jpg

99811466005_DwellerintheDarkNEW01.jpg

The LotR models as an example.

If Majestic horror is still a thing (it probably is judging from the pod cast), it'll be the de-facto choice for any FEC list... 

I do wonder how royal family is going to work (allowing you to summon Abhorrents until you reach 6) and if it'll be errata'ed to just once per game as well. 

And I wonder if attendants at court will allow you to use  your summon ability twice for a ghoul king (for a potential 3 times with majestic horror). 

I can see FEC doing tremendously well if all of that is the case. 

I don’t know ho good majestic horror is... 

If we can use twice without spending command points for the secon time, maybe.

but now that it’s clear we can’t exceed unit size with courtiers, I think I will summon 3 flayers for harrassing the backlines and that will be it. Ok, it’s good to have 160 points “free”, but they will be easily wiped and won’t accomplish much, so putting too much focus on this mechanic could be harmful for the list.

having an extra wizard with Dark magic sounds better, because I fear we will have to use the courtiers as generals for having horrors/flayer ad battleline

from the latest faction focus:

The new edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar introduces a small but useful change that mitigates the impact of losing your general early in the game. If they’re slain mid-game, you simply get to nominate a new one – and you can even generate a new command trait for them.

this would mean that we can take a courtier as general to get get horrors/flayers battletine (if this is still a thing) and then once he dies switch to something else with another generals trait.

I was slightly more worried when Ben Johnson said our summoning leaders will have a points hike because of the summoning. If did mention "rebalancing" the points because of it, so I'm really not sure what to make of it. 

Ghoul kings are more than 140p sounds ridiculous though. He was already pretty bad when they hiked the points from 100 to 120. A unit of 10 ghouls has a very small chance to ever benefit from a courtier anyway (and ghouls themselves are overcosted as they are). 

Yeah, they will cost 40 points more, so that we get 120 points free, while all the other factions will see points drops and so everything will be the same as before...

I really hope they don’t mess with points the wrong way, ghouls are still overpriced for what they do compared to skeletons or bloodletters

Archived