• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if this has been aswered already, but does anyone know if FEC can fall under legion of nagash? I searched some of the pages but didnt see if anyone had a definitive answer yet, just odd hints or hopes. Thanks. 

I just got a decent force of FEC and while I think delusions and feeding frenzy are neat, keeping my force under GA: Death or hopefully one of the new legions would be better.

3 minutes ago, Sception said:

FEC are allies for the legion lists, but not part of them directly, and there is little to no synergy to be found.

I think is good in real for him, because the new sumon system are weaker than the vargulf skill. 

One vargulf can summon 3 ghouls +2 Crypt horrrors/flayers on each her phase. If they get the summpn sonergie maybie they loose that capacity, like the blood knights.

9 hours ago, Glaurung said:

My bad, I was suggesting how you could expand to 2000 points :S

The list seems fine, but I think you should consider dropping the batallion at 1000 point and add 10 ghouls or a GK on foot for that sweet reroll bubble for horrors and ghouls.

Reroll bubble? What are you talking about. The ghoul king on foot doesn't have any auras. Unless I'm missing something? 

Right now I'm deciding if I wanna do Horrors or Flayers mainly. So Deadwatch or Abattoir I suppose. I think the consensus is that Flayers are more aggressive, with horrors being more meat-shield like and slower. But there's no decent battalions with both. Royal mordants maybe? I just like having options. 

Would a terrorgheist be overkill in 1000pts?

2 hours ago, Sception said:

FEC are allies for the legion lists, but not part of them directly, and there is little to no synergy to be found.

Poop, I wasnt too worried about the whole new way of summoning but I would have liked to have fallen under a Legion for some nice mixed death fun.

4 hours ago, RaritanAnon said:

Reroll bubble? What are you talking about. The ghoul king on foot doesn't have any auras. Unless I'm missing something? 

Right now I'm deciding if I wanna do Horrors or Flayers mainly. So Deadwatch or Abattoir I suppose. I think the consensus is that Flayers are more aggressive, with horrors being more meat-shield like and slower. But there's no decent battalions with both. Royal mordants maybe? I just like having options. 

Would a terrorgheist be overkill in 1000pts?

It’s written in the warscrolls of ghouls and horrors.

Royal mordants it’s non worth imho, so is a TG at only 1000 points.

5 minutes ago, Glaurung said:

It’s written in the warscrolls of ghouls and horrors.

Royal mordants it’s non worth imho, so is a TG at only 1000 points.

My mistake. I see it now. I agree that a Terrorgheist is stupid expensive at 1000, but Unholy Vitality is pretty amazing for keeping your little ghouls alive.

I think this is the list I'll be going with for now. I know it'll probably end better for me if I just max out on horrors, but Flayers look so dang cool! Plus they'll help tie up ranged units while my other dudes shuffle up the board. 

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts

- Delusion: Crusading Army

Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)

- General

- Trait: Dark Wizardry 

- Artefact: The Grim Garland 

Abhorrant Ghoul King (120)

Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)

6 x Crypt Horrors (320)

20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)

3 x Crypt Flayers (160)

Total: 1000 / 1000

Allies: 0 / 200

Wounds: 74

I don't like big flayers units - unless you build your list around them, I find it difficult to make them do something, since they only hit on 4+ (this changes with Deadwatch).
Small flayers units are a tarpit that can fly over enemy lines and attack supporting characters or objectives, so I'll approve your choice, variety is always good.

I'd change the artifact, without the TG the garland is not so good, you don't want your leader in 6" of enemies anyway. Maybe the one that gives -1 to casting in 12" or the banner may be better for this kind of list.

8 hours ago, Glaurung said:

I don't like big flayers units - unless you build your list around them, I find it difficult to make them do something, since they only hit on 4+ (this changes with Deadwatch).
Small flayers units are a tarpit that can fly over enemy lines and attack supporting characters or objectives, so I'll approve your choice, variety is always good.

I'd change the artifact, without the TG the garland is not so good, you don't want your leader in 6" of enemies anyway. Maybe the one that gives -1 to casting in 12" or the banner may be better for this kind of list.

Do you reckon a Varghulf Courtier might be better than the 3 Flayers? Fulfilling the same role while being a bit more survivable and able to regenerate the horrors and ghouls? 

So with the fact we get shafted completely in Legions of Nagash, anyone have any ideas for the army, or are we just left in the dust?  IMHO Flesh-Eater Courts are now the weakest army in the game with a battletome, and probably contenders for weakest army in general.

Has anyone had any luck with something other than like 18 flayers?  Are our noble kingdoms doomed to fall into ruin?  Has the favour of our Lord God Nagash left us?

I wish I could think of what would help this army out.  At first I thought it was just lack of any variety (we essentially have just 3 units) but like Fyreslayers and Ironjawz have very limited unit selection as well, and seem to be doing fine.

I don't think we're quite that bad (you still see FEC doing better than BCR!), but for the moment it does look like Flayer spam and monster mashes are the strongest lists for FEC. 

Holding out for positive changes in GH 2018 is probably the best we can hope for, cheaper Ghouls and Horrors and some battleline restriction changes would go a long way to making the army stronger and the builds less one-dimensional. I really can't see a reason for Ghouls to be more expensive than skeletons, especially Legion skeletons!

FEC is still heavily outdated, with the entire ruleset duct-taped into the new design concept with the allegiance in GH2017. I have enjoyed my games with them but they are heavily limited right now. I agree with a 'mid tier' assessment, they have the tools to win a lot of games, but not at the top tables. They need to be brought up to speed with a new book. Since they already got a book, its more likley they are in the back of the line though. Mainly its time to take your Tgheist/dragon and play them in the new death lists, maybe ally in some other stuff if you really love the FEC.  

13 minutes ago, RaritanAnon said:

Did Allies change for Flesh Eaters with LoN? I'd really love to run some ghosts in my FEC army for funsies. 

Allies didn't change, as the all the allies choices from the GHB are still valid for FEC (None of the warscrolls lost keywords, and in fact the Soulblight allegiance still uses keywords).

It's important to note that the various Legions of Nagash are not actually keywords by default on warscrolls, but are keywords added during list building. So I don't see the FEC allies changing too much in the next GHB.

To be honest, I think the only impact Legions really has on FEC is the fact Necromancers can't Vanhels Mordants anymore (Which is a pretty big nerf) and Arkhan's spell got a slight nerf (If you were taking him as an ally anyway).

• 1 month later...

Looking to finish up my 2000 point army, but unsure what to add. Currently have: 

1 GK on Zombie Dragon 

1 Terrorgheist

1 GK on foot 

1 Vargheist 

1 Crypt Ghast Courtier 

10 Ghouls

10 Ghouls 

3 Flayers

3 Horrors

I was thinking of adding a unit of 20 Ghouls to fulfill Battleline, then unsure if the rest. 

Had a good couple of small games(750points), one with GK and HC(General, Dark Wizardry) followed by 9 Horror against Nurgle ?? pretty good

and one with varghulf 9 flayer and 10 ghouls also very decent against SkyDwarves...the varghulf turned into bloody red mist the first volley, good thing he brought the ring of immortality ? 

6 hours ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Looking to finish up my 2000 point army, but unsure what to add. Currently have: 

1 GK on Zombie Dragon 

1 Terrorgheist

1 GK on foot 

1 Vargheist 

1 Crypt Ghast Courtier 

10 Ghouls

10 Ghouls 

3 Flayers

3 Horrors

I was thinking of adding a unit of 20 Ghouls to fulfill Battleline, then unsure if the rest. 

Not quite sure what to do with your list...since you got it all.

with the monsters and flayers you’re pretty fast 10 ghouls for bl and another terrorgheist O.o

or more ghouls for the grind with another courtier...

ooor a bunch of horrors to stand by the king and punch people in the face (maybe GKoTG to summon the flayers in)

6 hours ago, AthlorianStoners said:

1 GK on Zombie Dragon 

1 Terrorgheist

1 GK on foot 

1 Vargheist 

1 Crypt Ghast Courtier 

10 Ghouls

10 Ghouls 

3 Flayers

3 Horrors

I am a big proponent of more Flayers here.  I feel they are our best unit and getting in some more is always good. I am also a proponent of at least 6 in a unit.  Sure you will have situations where you have trouble piling them all in but in a unit of 6 you can loose 1 or 2 and still have a very effective, hard hitting threat. Once you have a few more Flayers then some buff redundancy makes sense so either another Varghulf Courtier or a Crypt Infernal Courtier. 

Those are my thoughts.  Always glad to see people enjoying the FEC, they are still my favorite army.  

How many Flayers depends on your playstyle, your opponent and the scenario your playing I guess...

just for harassment and cheeky objective grabbing I‘ll summon in just 3... but as wilddog said, 5+, possibly without 6++, you‘ll loose 1-2 quickly. Failed charge into raptors or a lone hero...might spell doom for them.

But taking the opponents base, while his forces are grinding through the ghouls. Those 4 points might be just the sh*t. Or the falling stars, no need to spread thin, just call them up from the board edge...

4 hours ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

Hi gang,

New guy with question(s).  If a Varghulf Courtier is the general, and takes Dark Wizardry, when he casts, does he trigger Feed on Dark Magic on himself?

FMB

If he successfully casts a spell...sure, why not?!

Archived