Double Cabbage

Fungrim

I like the idea of double cabbage but as a competetive faction Ironjawz got a hard time, even with a GH2. They should realy get some brutes with crossbows making mortals on 5+ so they can compete in the mortal wound dish out and ramged to. Without something like that they dont stand a chance against some of the other factions.

• 7 months later...

Can we reboot this topic now that GH17 is out?  I'd really love to run a double MawCrusher list!  Thoughts are two avenues:

List 1: Kunnin Cabbage Destruction!

Mawcrusher
Mawcrusher
Grot Shaman (mushrooms)

Kunnin Rukk
Boss
10 Savage
10 Savage
10 Savage
30 Arrowboys

2000 points

List 2: IJ Pure Cabbage Town!

Mawcrusher
Mawcrusher

3 Gore Gruntas
3 Gore Gruntas
3 Gore Gruntas
3 Gore Gruntas
3 Gore Gruntas

30 Arrowboys

^^ still not sure how this list would look.

Any success stories??  Any thoughts??  Would love to hear anything anyone's got!

Allegiance: Ironjawz

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)

Battleline
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline

Battalions
Ironfist Fist (160)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 87

For your Cabbage fetish.

Leaders
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline

Battalions
Ironfist (160)
Bloodtoofs (140)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 109

That's a one drop double cabbage list.

I imagine there are a bunch more but those two are the restrictive lulz lists which don't really have much wriggle room. 

1 hour ago, Geoff Ozzy said:

Interesting idea with the Bloodtoofs formation!  Single drop Cabbage list would be really great to make sure you have that turn choice!

It's also a ****** fast list, slowest units are the GG's which are going 10" at least because of the Ironfist. Add in the +1 to run and +2 to charge suddenly they really move. Plus bravery 9 pigs are never going to battleshock, so you can use the Mighty Waaagh! with impunity, combine with the much easier access to the D3 pig damage and suddenly you are rocking a pretty damn solid combat phase. Only issue is the lack of a second warchanter but eh, needs must.

A guy on youtube called "Doom and Darkness" have a bunch of dubble  cabbage battlereps using gorefist battalion. 

You lock the enemy in his deployment zone with GGs and then capture objectives with your other units. After that you just try to survive and scoring as much as you can.

I've a list here using his line of thought. The WC are to buff up a unit of 6xGG on turn 1.

Gorefist.pdf

A friend of mine will be running my Gorefist list at Heat 1 (cant go im moving house)

But the list is 

Gordrakk The Fist of Gork (620)
- General
Orruk Warchanter (80)
- Artefact: The Boss Skewer 
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
- Mount: Giant Wolf
- Allies
6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (280)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
- Allies
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
- Allies
Gorefist (220)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Allies: 320 / 400

Is it worth running one of the two cabbages as Gordrakk? I have a tournament in two weeks and want to take the double cabbage for a spin, and one is built as Big G himself. Gordrakk with a second cabbage as the general seems ok. Unfortunately I only have 6 pigs built up at the moment, so no gorefist to go along with them. 

I think that when you're taking Gordrakk it's vital to get as much into combat at the same turn as possible to utilise the commandability. For that the Gorefist is more guaranteed to hit hard. Come to think of it, it would be fun to try a brutefist battalion with Gordrakk... 

I think the GFlists will have a hard time against "one drop armys" since you may not get the first turn and lock the opponent in his/her deployment zone.

Gordrakk also takes alot of points of which can be used on warchanters or to ally in grot shamans.

6 hours ago, albin100 said:

I think that when you're taking Gordrakk it's vital to get as much into combat at the same turn as possible to utilise the commandability. For that the Gorefist is more guaranteed to hit hard. Come to think of it, it would be fun to try a brutefist battalion with Gordrakk... 

I think the GFlists will have a hard time against "one drop armys" since you may not get the first turn and lock the opponent in his/her deployment zone.

Gordrakk also takes alot of points of which can be used on warchanters or to ally in grot shamans.

Yeah that's the problem with him. Really he needs to be able to fit into a meta battalion QQ

The Brutefist isn't actually that great when you look at it, it's questionable whether you even get the 3d6 charge on the brutefist hero phase charge and your opponent gets at least a turn to try and mess with it.

I played a game last night with double Mawcrusher against a Saraphon list with allies.  I think it did really well, I had 4 drops (kunnin rukk, cabbage, cabbage, grot shaman) and so I took second turn and immediately got the double turn.  It was horrifying to see two mawcrushers crash into his ranks!  The savage orks and arrowboys did a great job of holding board control for me while the mawcrushers kept them busy.  I think there might be something there, but I agree that it's very dependent on having control of the double turn! 

Has anyone else had any Double Cabbage games?

I've been playing this list for the last Month or so. It's a lot of fun. The first time people play it they always play timid.  I love my megaboss on foot and brutes  they were my go to pre ghb2017, but they are just too slow anymore in the current meta. 

I essentially got to this list by wanting to maximize smashing and bashing. Some things i like to do. 

Get as much in as soon as possible. On my second turn i often retreat my pigs towards objectives. Leaving only the krushas available for smashing and bashing.

Mystic shield is my friend, the weirdnob and warchanter give me extra chances for a 6 up hero phase move. This can be game changing early and late in the game. 

I keep my general back till needed just within the 15" bubble needed to get mighty wagghhh and it's  guarantee because i keep 6 units in range. Rolling that 6 is an amazing feeling. 

- General
- Trait: Ironclad  
- Artefact: Metalrippa's Klaw  
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 99

Had a game this weekend with my double cabbage list against Seraphon. We played with the open war cards and I got the W on scenario only due to my opponent making one mistake and me getting the double turn and pulling out the win. My list was as follows:

Maw-Krusha - General

-Ironclad, Metalrippa's Klaw

Maw-Krusha

-Daubing of Mork

Warchanter

Gitmob Grot Shaman

Gruntas x6 - hackas

Gruntas x3 - choppas

Gruntas x3 - choppas

Ironskulls Boys

Gorefist

Basic things I learned after my first test game:

-Maw-krushas hit REALLY hard, but can go down quickly to focused attacks. Positioning is key to keeping them alive

-Gruntas don't do a ton of damage, but they can pick on smaller/weaker armed units, and take objectives. They're amazing tarpits with mystic shield on them

-The list is very aggressive and doesn't allow for much defense of your own objectives, especially with open war cards

-I always felt like I wanted one more hard hitting unit, but the points just aren't there in a 2k list if you take double krusha and the gorefist

-I want to try the shaman on wolf to help with keeping up with the speed of the rest of the list. The warchanter and shaman were quickly out of range to contribute anything of significance after the second turn.

I have a local tournament this weekend so it'll be a chance to get a little more experience with it and see what I do and don't like. So far it's a blast and opponents can be caught off guard by the speed of the Gorefist, but if you go that route you need to go all in. Maybe another unit of pigs is in order....

This thread is very inspiring. I love big models that smash stuff!

Can I ask, what is the best choice of weapons for the Megaboss on Maw Krusha?  I think the Boss Gore-hacka looks best aesthetically. However is there good reasons to use the choppa set up? It looks to me the rend on the rip tooth fist seems too good to miss out on. But it just doesn't look as cool to me.

I really want to have Godrakk as my second Maw Krusha as I'm not fond of exactly repeating big models. but it seems he's a lot of points for what he offers. Would you build the second Krusha the same way as the first? 

Archived