Let's chat : Slaanesh

Arkiham

6 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

I think the problem is they havn t host of slaanesh keyword ( they are slaves to darkness)! 

I'm pretty sure there aren't any units with 'Host of Slaanesh' keyword. Just like with Disciples of Tzeentch and Blades of Khorne, the keyword is simply Slaanesh, thus allowing all sorts of units in.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I have some extra questions. First off, does slaves to darkness units have to be taken as allies, or do they fit under slaanesh. It's a bit ambiguous since there isn't a specific "host of slaanesh" key word. Allies don't  count as minimum battleline, so it makes a big difference on chaos warriors.

another question:

I can't be the only one hating the keeper of secrets model? I plan on converting my own, but can't decide on size. On one hand it's a greater deamon, but on the other it's only 10 wounds, and the old model isn't particularly big.

Right now I'm debating between bloodthirster body and carnifex claws, or daemon prince and chaos spawn claws. I've leaning towards the daemon prince, and have seen a picture of a conversion where the the two upper bodies from the kit simply where put on top of eachother to make it a bit larger and fit the extra arms.

Whats your opinion?

3 hours ago, jazzy128 said:

So, I have some extra questions. First off, does slaves to darkness units have to be taken as allies, or do they fit under slaanesh. It's a bit ambiguous since there isn't a specific "host of slaanesh" key word. Allies don't  count as minimum battleline, so it makes a big difference on chaos warriors.

The keyword is Slaanesh so anything slaves that can have that mark counts, as do the generic daemons such as the Soul Grinder and Daemon Prince. 

The battle trait of three generals is great. I have always felt really hard to choose my general as the heroes have really nice command abilities. Now I don't have to suffer any more and can choose three. My first idea has been to take Keeper, Lord on Slaanesh steed and Lord on regular daemonic steed along with some warriors, few big units of daemonettes and knights/chariots for the daemonic steed lord to buff. It opens a lot of different combinations. I'm just hoping that some battle trait to help Daemonettes reach sixes to hit would still be available, it has won me many combats. Lack of mortal wounds will still remain a problem though, as even with all of the rend attacks, some targets are bit too hard for the girls to handle and Keeper dies quite easily.

Oh yeah , my Keeper dies if an enemy so much as casts a stern look in its direction. Would definitely like a trait or an item to make it more surviveable. 

Got to take the Host out for a test drive post points reveal and have the following observations;

- fully buffed daemonettes are buzz saws. Everything touched turned into a fine red mist. On the flip side , If hit first , I was losing about 11-15 daemonettes a turn. 

- new Slaanesh chaos knights . OMG. The glory of buff stacking. I currently run 10, but am likely going to run 20. The new points drop helped dramatically.

- Slaanesh chosen are a threat now. I run a unit of 10 and my opponent was having none of it. Kunnin ruk + 6 on battle shock decimated them

- Keeper of Secrets is still overcosted by about 80-100 pts. It's no better than 3-4 orruks in combat. A KoS is nothing to fear.

1 hour ago, HorseOnABeachBall said:

- Keeper of Secrets is still overcosted by about 80-100 pts. It's no better than 3-4 orruks in combat. A KoS is nothing to fear.

Don't know what you are doing with your Keeper, but mine hits like a train (buffed with lord of war/artifact plus 1 Attack, plus sometimes double pile-in). Last match killed 3 Bloodcrushers in one Attack and before fulfilled always his duty (ok, I also have lucky purple dices...).

if he gets attacked by the wrong enemy, he dies fast, but with his speed, it often can select his enemies.

He could go down some points (20-40), but now with the new artefacts and Traits, I think he will be worth his points ?

Hopefully. Crossing fingers on the traits/items/abilities. 

Theres nothing about his/her stats that make this thing surviveable. Seems like most models of that cost would have 12w. KoS gets 10 and a 4+ save. 

I typically keep mine behind the lines and try to commit it only to fights that it can end quickly. Despite its crazy high speed , AoS is far less about movement and positioning than WHFB was.  Maybe your meta doesn't run the crazy strong stuff , but over here a KoS gets ripped off the table fast. Kunnin ruk, Stormcast shooting / teleportation, Kurnoth Hunters and you'll be lucky to have it see turn 2. 

The fix? Some sort of anti shooting tech. Maybe a model like Sayl's pet that will soak up a little bit of shooting for him. I'd even take a trait like Illusionist.

Played a randomly rolled Host of Slaanesh path to glory Warband.

Hellstriders,.. I sure like them.  

Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mnt.  my issue still is I don't see him as putting out much dmg but having -2 to hit in CC and his speed makes him interesting particularly if you take him in a Seekers host and he and the Stirders get an 18" move then ~7" first turn charge.  His command ability isn't that great without a combat hitter though and Striders are support.

Fiends are still not as good as I want but I'm thinking of trying out 6-9 backed with Striders.  It can tie up stuff annoyingly and maybe the Fiends with double attack can tie stuff up.  Problem is that removes the double-attack from 1st turn seekers and 2nd or 3rd turn Daemonettes.

Guys I wanna update my list that I wanna test Sunday! New slaanesh seems really really strong

the plan is 2 general that use their command ability for demonettes and chaos knight ! The list I wanna test:

keeper of sec 280

lord of slaa on demo mount 140

demon prince 160

chaos sorcerer lord 160

2x10 warriors of slaanesh 360

30 demonettes 270

10 chaos Knights 320

6 fiends 280

tot 1970

my only doubt is about fiends!! Do you think is better 6 fiends or 10 chosen? ;)

7 hours ago, HorseOnABeachBall said:

Hopefully. Crossing fingers on the traits/items/abilities. 

Theres nothing about his/her stats that make this thing surviveable. Seems like most models of that cost would have 12w. KoS gets 10 and a 4+ save. 

I typically keep mine behind the lines and try to commit it only to fights that it can end quickly. Despite its crazy high speed , AoS is far less about movement and positioning than WHFB was.  Maybe your meta doesn't run the crazy strong stuff , but over here a KoS gets ripped off the table fast. Kunnin ruk, Stormcast shooting / teleportation, Kurnoth Hunters and you'll be lucky to have it see turn 2. 

The fix? Some sort of anti shooting tech. Maybe a model like Sayl's pet that will soak up a little bit of shooting for him. I'd even take a trait like Illusionist.

I like to use my Keeper from behind a Daemonette screen. I often position him so that if someone charges the daemonettes, they'll have to take the keeper in also and as he has 2" range it cans trike over the daemonettes without anyone hitting back. But yeah, against shooting he's in problems. But at least there should be fast stuff to put the pressure on the shooters normally supporting Kipper. Also in the end, it's not the end of the world if the Keeper dies, especially now when there still remains two generals :)

On 22/08/2017 at 10:40 AM, jazzy128 said:

another question:

I can't be the only one hating the keeper of secrets model? I plan on converting my own, but can't decide on size. On one hand it's a greater deamon, but on the other it's only 10 wounds, and the old model isn't particularly big.

Right now I'm debating between bloodthirster body and carnifex claws, or daemon prince and chaos spawn claws. I've leaning towards the daemon prince, and have seen a picture of a conversion where the the two upper bodies from the kit simply where put on top of eachother to make it a bit larger and fit the extra arms.

Whats your opinion?

I too have seen that conversion and thinks it's pretty decent.

Really want to do a cool keeper conversion so I have been wracking my brains to think of something good. The forge world is good but too big to run as a normal keeper. 

Daemon prince is probably easiest to do. 

You could also use the necron ctan shard of the deceiver but he might be too small is the issue. 

Another good one is one of the tyranid models (can't remember what it's called) as it has a loads of claws and comes on a 60mm Base although might be hard to streamline the body. 

Alarielle by herself would be quite easy as she has a sleek feminine look that once you add whips, claws etc Would look awesome. The problem is there is no bits available and I have no use for the war beetle. 

In short slightly difficult with the GW range. 

The interview with Rhuairidh during the Chaos day on Warhammer Live was great for Slaanesh - lots of information, including on the relationship between Slaanesh Daemons and the Slaves to Darkness units with mark of Slaanesh.  Definitely worth a rewatch.  Slaanesh are going to be very characterful, fast and offensive.

I wrote down some bullet points here: https://aosshorts.com/ghb2017-chaos-day-warhammer-live/

8 hours ago, Antipodean7 said:

The interview with Rhuairidh during the Chaos day on Warhammer Live was great for Slaanesh - lots of information, including on the relationship between Slaanesh Daemons and the Slaves to Darkness units with mark of Slaanesh.  Definitely worth a rewatch.  Slaanesh are going to be very characterful, fast and offensive.

I wrote down some bullet points here: https://aosshorts.com/ghb2017-chaos-day-warhammer-live/

They confirmed in the end of the game that the "Host of Slaanesh" covers both mortals and daemons. The requirement is the keyword Slaanesh. So just olike with Khorne and Tzeentch you can have Slaves to Darkness units with mark of Slaanesh without breaking the allegiance, as it should be.

20 hours ago, MaxPounder said:

he deceiver

I'm going deceiver. I love the arrogant pose. Just need to add weapons and claws. And if possible a different head. It's going to be my finishing model of a 2K list

(which I probably going to have to re-arrange as soon as I get the general handbook) 

52 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I'm going deceiver. I love the arrogant pose. Just need to add weapons and claws. And if possible a different head. It's going to be my finishing model of a 2K list

(which I probably going to have to re-arrange as soon as I get the general handbook) 

Pics when done please, I'm imagining something awesome. 

My initial list that I'm thinking has Keeper, Lord on steed of Slaanesh, Lord of Slaanesh on foot, 15 chaos warriors (weapon pending), 5 knights, 10 marauders, 30 daemonettes and a chaos warshrine, for 1460 points. The shrine is probably not worth it, but I have a cool idea for it. It has pincers in the form of warriors and daemonettes, head in form of heroes and shrine and sting in form of knights and the keeper :P

Archived