Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

@TheOtherJosh @Easytyger Thanks! I'm glad you guys like it.

Here's a step-by-step guide to get the same effect:

1. Basecoat Abaddon black spray
2. First layer: Mix of Vallejo Charred Brown (Rhinox Hide) + Vallejo Elf Skintone (Bestigor Flesh)
3. A (heavy) wash of Druchii Violet
4. Mix of Vallejo Charred Brown (Rhinox Hide) + Vallejo Elf Skintone (Bestigor Flesh)
5. Adding more Elf Skintone (Bestigor Flesh) with each highlighting step. (I think i did between 3 and 6 increases of more Elk Skintone)
6. The hardest highlights and boils are 100% Elf Skintone (Bestigor Flesh)

Good luck! :D 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[mention=6969]TheOtherJosh[/mention] [mention=6448]Easytyger[/mention] Thanks! I'm glad you guys like it.

Here's a step-by-step guide to get the same effect:

1. Basecoat Abaddon black spray
2. First layer: Mix of Vallejo Charred Brown (Rhinox Hide) + Vallejo Elf Skintone (Bestigor Flesh)
3. A (heavy) wash of Druchii Violet
4. Mix of Vallejo Charred Brown (Rhinox Hide) + Vallejo Elf Skintone (Bestigor Flesh)
5. Adding more Elf Skintone (Bestigor Flesh) with each highlighting step. (I think i did between 3 and 6 increases of more Elk Skintone)
6. The hardest highlights and boils are 100% Elf Skintone (Bestigor Flesh)

Good luck! [emoji3] 

Those are pretty purple for the use of Rhinox Hide ... hmmmm.

Never would have guessed that. I would have thought Naggaroth Night or Xereus Purple.

Interestingly enough Elf Skintone (Vallejo) indicates as being a match for the old Citadel Elf Flesh, which was "matched" to "Kislev Flesh". I'll have to take a look at the color differences.

Was your first layer a 1:1 mix?

1 minute ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Those are pretty purple for the use of Rhinox Hide ... hmmmm.

Never would have guessed that. I would have thought Naggaroth Night or Xereus Purple.

Interestingly enough Elf Skintone (Vallejo) indicates as being a match for the old Citadel Elf Flesh, which was "matched" to "Kislev Flesh". I'll have to take a look at the color differences.

Was your first layer a 1:1 mix?

Yeah, the Druchii Violet made everything much more purple, while maintaining that earthy/brown look.

I rarely use colours straight out of the pot and always try to mix some tints to get to less obvious colour schemes.

The first layer had about 60-70% of Elf Skintone. The more Elf Skintone you use in this stage, the more purple your model will get after applying Druchii Violet.

Brothers! Grand father nurgle has blessed us.

In the up coming ghb2 we will be receiving allegiance abilities (hopefully... likely)

I'm already excited so I've thought of a few I'd like to see.

Increased mobility 

Increased rend

Aoe - to hit. (I expect multiple buffs of same thing not to stack In ghb2 from new rules of 1.

Then I dunno

2 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Aoe - to hit

What is Aoe?

Now that I've asked what will be,afterwards, an obvious question, let me say that I can hardly wait for the new GHB. Hopefully there will also be some type of fix to the abominable shooting phase as well.....

11 minutes ago, Tasman said:

What is Aoe?

Now that I've asked what will be,afterwards, an obvious question, let me say that I can hardly wait for the new GHB. Hopefully there will also be some type of fix to the abominable shooting phase as well.....

Area of effect.

Plaguetoiched warband

harbinger of decay

-general

-artefact: chaos talisman

-command ability: keep going back and forth between great destroyer and lord of war. 

glotkin

bloab

4x 5 blightkings

28 marauders

10 marauders. 

1980/2000.

this is all pending changed due to ghb 2.0. I know it's not super competitive but I have won or come close against so tournament lists in my area. Will be very fun. I converted all my blightkings to have trees growing out of their flesh rolls ?

I'm going to take my Mixed Nurgle (mostly Demons) to an event soon. Any general suggestions or tips for gameplay for a new AoS player? My list...

1. Tally Band
    1. Great Unclean One
    2. 20 Plaguebearers
    3. 20 Plaguebearers
    4. 10 Plaguebearers
    5. 6 Blight Drones
    6. Beast of Nurgle
    7. Beast of Nurgle
    8. Beast of Nurgle
  2. Nurgle Demon Prince
  3. Rotbringer Sorcerer
  4. Soul Grinder

I've been reading up on the GHB missions and trying to think about what the challenges are with each, so much as I can without any knowledge of my opponent's lists. 

few advices that could improve ur list:

1) plaguebearers spread: 30-10-10, u tank way more with a unit of 30 then with 2 of 20 because they can lose more models before losing the buff.

2) rotbringers sorcerer is kinda bad, play chaos sorcerer lord with mark of nurgle instead.

3) if u have is way better a 2nd GUO instead of a soulgrinder, because the soulgrinder is kinda... random. is way better with glottkin around.

for general tips:

traits: lord of war/ cunning deceiver/ dark avenger

artefacts: Talisman to GUO for sure, for daemon prince u can go either talisman or chaos blade, it's to personal choice.

tips for playing: protect the guo at all costs, without him the tallyband effects don't apply. run prince with the drones to give them the locus buff. if u are playing soulgrinder i can suggest u to cast lord of war and daemonic power on him, so that u have way better shooting turn 1. on turn 2 switch to drones cause they will surely be in combat. remember that drones are quite squishy and are really vurnerable to high volume of attacks due to 5+ save. if opponent has no shooting put mystic shield on them, otherwise on the guo. use beasts of course as a meatshield, they'll do no damage.

anyway the list is pretty good, just change the sorcerer and the spread and it will be fairly strong! :)

3 hours ago, shadowgra said:

Cook glott, really similari to mine actually! For the lista i think is fine, i would go for lord of war as trait 

i noticed now, where did Otto's scythe go???

My wife broke it ?

Working in a replacement from the blightkings box I had lying around. 

few advices that could improve ur list:
1) plaguebearers spread: 30-10-10, u tank way more with a unit of 30 then with 2 of 20 because they can lose more models before losing the buff.
2) rotbringers sorcerer is kinda bad, play chaos sorcerer lord with mark of nurgle instead.
3) if u have is way better a 2nd GUO instead of a soulgrinder, because the soulgrinder is kinda... random. is way better with glottkin around.

for general tips:
traits: lord of war/ cunning deceiver/ dark avenger
artefacts: Talisman to GUO for sure, for daemon prince u can go either talisman or chaos blade, it's to personal choice.
tips for playing: protect the guo at all costs, without him the tallyband effects don't apply. run prince with the drones to give them the locus buff. if u are playing soulgrinder i can suggest u to cast lord of war and daemonic power on him, so that u have way better shooting turn 1. on turn 2 switch to drones cause they will surely be in combat. remember that drones are quite squishy and are really vurnerable to high volume of attacks due to 5+ save. if opponent has no shooting put mystic shield on them, otherwise on the guo. use beasts of course as a meatshield, they'll do no damage.
anyway the list is pretty good, just change the sorcerer and the spread and it will be fairly strong! [emoji4]

Excellent feedback! Keeping the GUO alive was something I identified as critical early on. Will the Talisman stack with Disgustingly Resilience?

I'm on the fence about the Soul Grinder too. Seemed like a good way to add some offensive punch to the list. Its very tough, but lacks punch. The Prince/Drones and Grinder are there to help with that some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talisman doesn't "stack" with DR, but much like a saving throw and a DR roll, if you had the talisman, you would get that roll as well. 

My harbinger of decay once got 4 saves. Some spell that did non-mortal wounds to

him. So he got his armor save, his save for wounds suffered from magic, then his command ability, and his chaos talisman save. It was hilarious. 

Also you will will probably be disappointed by the grinder. Most of the time it's a fire magnet that won't do much back. I've never seen it actually do decent damage. It's just far to expensive to be that random.

5 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Talisman doesn't "stack" with DR, but much like a saving throw and a DR roll, if you had the talisman, you would get that roll as well. 

My harbinger of decay once got 4 saves. Some spell that did non-mortal wounds to

him. So he got his armor save, his save for wounds suffered from magic, then his command ability, and his chaos talisman save. It was hilarious. 

Also you will will probably be disappointed by the grinder. Most of the time it's a fire magnet that won't do much back. I've never seen it actually do decent damage. It's just far to expensive to be that random.

Ah, ok. That is what I was wondering, would the Talisman save against things that the DR or armor save didn't catch. Thanks!

I suppose the 280 points or whatever a SG is isn't a good investment as ablative armor for the GUO? I had some luck with him reaching over a line of Plague Bearers to do his attacks. He did get murdered very early in another test game. I tried healing him with the GUO, but couldn't get off his spell in time. 

Hi all! Newbie here on the forums.

I need help as where to go with my upcoming army. I have this now:

Bloab Rotspawned

28 mauraders, 2h weapons

2x5 unbuilt blightkings

Do someone have any ideas how to extend the above to a 1500 points list?

thanks in advance :)

Hi all! Newbie here on the forums.

I need help as where to go with my upcoming army. I have this now:

Bloab Rotspawned

28 mauraders, 2h weapons

2x5 unbuilt blightkings

Do someone have any ideas how to extend the above to a 1500 points list?

thanks in advance :)

If your going mono nurgle, do you want to do a mortal demon mix? Or mortal nurgle? Do you like any of the nurgle demon models? Harbinger of decay is amazing for mortal nurgle. Glotkin is better in a demon army (ironic as he is a mortal) but is a bit much in terms of points cost for 1500. Just right at 2000. 

Archived