Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

4 hours ago, underdog6750 said:

Could MSU style armies be a thing fr daemon players? I was just thinking with lots of opportunities to roll battleshock tests surely?

Not sure how this rule translates into competitive matched play. As I know you need a summoning pool, would this contribute towards healing models back from the battleshock rolls?

It really isnt reliable enough to build around. Its nice when it happens but dont bank on it. plaguebros should always be in unit sizes of 10 or 30. never 20. So MSU is ok for objective sitters and battleline requirements. Large blob of 30 is great...really good for tarpitting and holding down the enemy for your more hard hitters to come in and strike. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

Maggoth lord, blightkings and a rotbringer sorc. But they wont as the components are too valuable to box them into a start collecting 

That's exactly the point of this "challenge". What would be viable for GW and interesting for customers? 10 Blightkings and a Lord of Plagues maybe? 

6 hours ago, Tasman said:

I think you're spot on for what's on the horizon for AoS. I personally don't think it's a bad idea. Looks like there's gonna be a lot of rule shake ups coming down the pike.

I truly hope so, and with gerbeals handbook vol 2 it may just happen.

I started a Plog in the appropriate forum but here's my first completed blightking, the models that have me working on Nurgle currently.

Overall I'm happy with the result minus the horn, I couldn't get it to turn out the way I would have liked but here ya go.

IMG_9226.JPG

Hey looking for some advice ive got a start of a nurgle list and dont no which way to go 

my list

glottkin 480

great unclean one 240

soul grinder 280

blightkings 180

advice would be great is it best to go mortal or deamon

I actually clipped off all the horns for blightkings. Never really liked em! But if you want to try it over an easy recipe is base zhandri dust, wash with either sephia or agrax. (i prefer agrax) and then dry brush with screaming skull.

The armor looks awesome @slave2chaos!! LOVE that stark highlight! Skin looks good to. Maybe some nikalh oxide in the rotted sections of the weapons and shoulder blade? I think it would put a nice touch! Either way ice job. 

As for a SC! box of rotrbringers, A maggoth lord, BK box and one of the foot characters (lord of meh or the mehbringer sorcerer) would work. But I have a feeling when we got a battletome they will have some single wound mortals for us. Maybe bring back pestigors?? or some sort of "plague zombie." I believe they are releasing a plague zombie kit for death guard so mayyyyybe!

2 minutes ago, murf369 said:

Hey looking for some advice ive got a start of a nurgle list and dont no which way to go 

my list

glottkin 480

great unclean one 240

soul grinder 280

blightkings 180

advice would be great is it best to go mortal or deamon

Looks looks like you got some big guys there! Why not move into a mixed nurgle force? But your going to need some plague bearers! I think you should grab the SC! nurgle demons box and an extra box of plaguebros. That would be 2 battleline units,..

Plaguebros 100

Plaguebros 100

GUO 240

PLaguedrones 220

Herald of nurgle 100

blight kings 180 

That's 940 points. You could field/summon a beast of nurgle to make it an even 1000.  The herald would activate the awesome locus ability of the drones, but he might have a tough time keeping up with the faster drones. Can move/run and should be fine though!

Glotkin is ACE as the general for a demon army, fyi!! That is of course in larger games. 

@murf369 I'd say 2 units of 10 plaguebearers should be your next purchase. Fills up your battleline and lets you field a solid mixed force. If you start leaning more towards blightkings/mortals get a harbinger (or convert one) as his command ability is ace.

for smaller games I'd recommend running the glotkin as a GUO and leaving the soulgrinder out until big games as they can really be hit or miss.

@sal4m4nd3r appreciate it. Yeah, I used zhandri as a base then ushabti to highlight but I tried Duncan's wash/glaze layering method and it just wasn't happening for me.

im working on the rest of the unit now and will be suing the oxide on the bronze parts. Once I get a better idea on how it works I may go back and use it on more areas.

I just wrapped up my first game playing Nurgle Demons. Observations:
- PBs in the Tallyband are ace tarpitters.
- Damage output is only so-so, thus you are playing the long game. You need to get as close to all turns in as possible.
- Demon Prince chilling buzzing around with 6 Plague Drones is great for flaking whatever the GUO and PBs have gotten themselves stuck in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What are you guys using to supplement your Tallyband with a bit of killing power? There's a pretty good range of choice from the whole grand alliance, but tricky to narrow it down!

I tried out the Soul Grinder as well as Demon Prince/Drones. Seemed pretty effective. Not as gruesome as many faction's heavy hitters, but somewhat punchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Kovaks said:

Watching skirmish now and can't wait to run a warband with Morbidex and a bunch of Nurglings. 

Edit: I guess no behemoth's so no morbidex :(

The formula will be worked out soon enough and monsters will be added

Maybe as a player made expansion or official one 

5 hours ago, Kovaks said:

Watching skirmish now and can't wait to run a warband with Morbidex and a bunch of Nurglings. 

Edit: I guess no behemoth's so no morbidex :(

Special scenario.  Morbidex and all the nurglings vs two warbands who also hate eachother.

9 hours ago, Vomikron Noxis said:

What are you guys using to supplement your Tallyband with a bit of killing power? There's a pretty good range of choice from the whole grand alliance, but tricky to narrow it down!

I've been looking at forgeworld units lately.

nurgle trolls. Skin wolves. Warpfire dragon. Otherwise it's usually the GUO, prince, and occasionally drones.

3 hours ago, Arkiham said:

The formula will be worked out soon enough and monsters will be added

Maybe as a player made expansion or official one 

It looks like GHB/scrollbuilder points divided by models divided by 5 with some sort of tweaks for some units.  I'm sure once we see more examples and notice what's different about the things that got tweaked, we'll be able to reverse engineer things quite quickly.   If I were to guess, it might be rend or mortal wounds or things that happen on 6s will be the type of thing that adds points.

I'm planning on doing all sorts of stuff.  Even stuff Hinterlands didn't include like daemon summoning.  Terrain and poops out monsters.  Adapting the terrain corruption scenario from the Clan Pestilens Battletome.  More stuff from Realm Master games.  What I don't have is the layout/graphic design skills, so it'll all be text and simple line drawings for maps.

Archived