Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Soldier of decay said:

I'm not against slaves I'm just not into them very much. They are just vanilla that I can give a nurgle tint to.

It might make me selfish but the two chaos gods that have battle tomes have independently strong forces without STD. Just wondering if they could do the same to nurgle without a total overhaul.

I don’t like STD either tbh.

I’d like some traits/artefacts/nurgle blessings, that do things such as add rend just by the proximity of our rusting presence for example. Fluff wise it makes sense that enemy equipment n supplies would wither in our presence. 

And of course some faster units. Pestigors n more insect/amphibian riders would be immense. 

Not sure if that’d make us as competitive as khorne/tzeentch but it’d a start. 

I've bought Blightwars for the snail hero figurine, and the amount of figurines I could get was the same as a Start Collecting box anyway, also hoping there would be battalions choice and other cool stuff.

I've found the Blightwar rules really disappointing. There's litterally none. The wheel and the no-matched play Battalion is the only thing you get as Nurgle, and the wheel alone is not worth it. The only time I would take it, is if you take a special hero as general, meaning you dont need any Chaos artifact or trait anyway.

I can't wait for a battletome too!

2 hours ago, Poltron said:

I've found the Blightwar rules really disappointing. There's litterally none. The wheel and the no-matched play Battalion is the only thing you get as Nurgle, and the wheel alone is not worth it. The only time I would take it, is if you take a special hero as general, meaning you dont need any Chaos artifact or trait anyway.

The Battalion work in matched play. Why wouldn't it? It has a point value. 

But yeah the Blighwar campign is narrowed down to three narrative battleplans. Plan 2 seem impossible for Nurgle to win IMO. Horticulus is a great addition and the wheel is very thematic but I have yet to feel the wheel being effective compared to other Battle Traits like Khorne, Tzeentch, Stormcast, Beastclaw to name a few. Its more fun than effective. 

2 hours ago, Poltron said:

The Battalion work in matched play. Why wouldn't it? It has a point value. 

But yeah the Blighwar campign is narrowed down to three narrative battleplans. Plan 2 seem impossible for Nurgle to win IMO. Horticulus is a great addition and the wheel is very thematic but I have yet to feel the wheel being effective compared to other Battle Traits like Khorne, Tzeentch, Stormcast, Beastclaw to name a few. Its more fun than effective. 

Also 1 of the effects is use less for mortals (reroll 6 to wound since it conflicts badly with the plaguetouched) and 1 is use less for daemons (reroll BS of 1 is self built in PBS and drones).

I just think that a fireslayers type of wheel will be far more interesting and effective. Also i don't get why they have stronger effects and get also to chiose which one to use each turn

Hey all, 

Just looking for some feedback on a plaguetouched warband list I'm in the process of testing;

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (120)
-Chaos Talisman

Harbinger of Decay (140)
- General
- Trait: Cunning Deceiver
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Bloab Rotspawned (240)
Sayl the Faithless (120)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
- Runestaff

Battleline
28x Chaos Warriors (480)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)
- Axes & Shields
- Axes & Shields
- Axes & Shields

War Machines
Plagueclaw (180)
Plagueclaw (180)

Battalions
Plaguetouched Warband (100)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

Gaunt Summoner is in there with the balewind to help me deal with the horde units I come up against in my meta, along with the plagueclaws to help sniping, Sayl is doing his thing with the blob and late game objective steals with marauder squads/himself. The rest is fairly common plaguetouched from what I can see

In my opinion Plague Claws are unpredictable and add two drops to your list (with Sayl and Gaunt - total 5). Crown of Conquest is also not so reliable as earlier. I`m testing Plaguetuched Warband:

Allegiance: Chaos
Harbinger of Decay (140)
- General
- Trait: Cunning Deceiver
- Artefact: Chaos Talisman
Festus The Leechlord (120)
Sayl The Faithless (120)
Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (120)
- Artefact: Favour of the Gods
5 x Putrid Blightkings (180)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (180)
30 x Chaos Warriors (480)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle
40 x Chaos Marauders (200)
- Axes & Shields
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)
- Axes & Shields
1 x Chaos Warshrine (180)
- Blood Blessing: None
Plaguetouched Warband (100)
Balewind Vortex (100)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1980 / 2000

I have big unit of 28 warriors as a "wall". Thanks to low drop number (3) I gain priority in first round and teleport them in front of the enemy to grind him down on his own deployment zone, as far from objectives as it is possible. With Harbinger Command Ability, Warshrine aura and MShield, warriors have 3+, re-roll 1 sv, "ward save" 5+ and "ward save 6+". Even more - in my opinion Cunning Deciever combined with Plaguetuched is one of the best method to make your army immune to all attacks in Round 1.

Harbinger with Chaos Amulet and his Command ability is a "must have" in mortal nurgle army. Gaunt for his anti-horde spell (with balewind). Putrids are nice as anti horde slow, objective grabbers and Marauders help me in board control (against teleporting units). 

Hi All,

Quite a new player here. I used to play back in 2006/7 but it was too overwhelming for my 6th grade brain.

A friend and I have started up again, him starting Seraphon (the one I always wanted of course) and I started nurgle.

At the moment, I have 1 sc! nurgle, 1 blight kings, 1 maggothlord ,(just built the monster so can run as any) 1 sc! StD. I've picked up an extra 10 Plaguebros on ebay. 

He has 2 sc! seraphon a skink star priest and a bastilladon. Before he could teleport his stuff everywhere it was fine, it was like 60/40 in my favor, but since the new ghb2017 i cant beat him. Thoughts?????

(I also got a Spire of Dawn cuz I love the skaven w some extra weapon teams(jezzails and gatlings) but i have to finish a badass nurgle squad first.) 

Hi guys, report on how the units performed in the tournament today.

I came up first, really enjoyed events and the opponents!

I was up against: mixed order with stormcast and fyreslayers, tzeentch (30 tzaangor list) and khorne (brass stampede).

So i played:

Harbinger

Bloab

Sorcerer

28 warriors 

14 knights

2*10 marauders

1 chariot of gorebeast

5 blightkings

Plaguetouched Battalion

So analysis:

-bloab: he is fine, does ok damage, has a cool spell and some useful auras. He was not MVP but still did ok in the games i played. Actually he sucks in melee (i still can't understand why the maggoth deals less damage than a khorgorath).

Sorcerer: holy cow this boy. He provides some cool buffs and is an useful hero that can be really fast or easy to hide. I played him on foot and did not regret it.

Chaos warriors: sometimes they are great but they are pretty slow. However against tons of attacks are really really strong. The harbinger buff is necessary on them, in no way they are going to tank without it.

Marauders: nothing to say, their cost is so low that they almost always do what they are meant for and often more. They performed quite well today, i am happy with them

Knights: these were the mvps today. So much movement, so much damage on the charge and they actually last a Hell lot. I admit i was expecting less from them, they are strong. Don't get why people don't play them.

Blightkings: meh. They underperformed another time. Slower than everything in the list and with such a los weapon range they need to be changed. Hopefully the new battletome updates them.

Chariot: not bad. He did his job. Nothing more, nothing less. A full 6/10 is my vite on it. Killed always more than his points and kept units in place. Don't send him against choppy units and you are fine.

Plaguetouched: 10/10 definitely the strongest battalion available and one of the strongest in the game for his cost.

I didn't rate the harbinger because it's point less, the list revolves around him, of course he is good

Archived