Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, hobgoblinclub said:

We've got a Nurgle Whatsapp group going in preparation for the imminent battletome. Just DM me if you want in. 

Steve. 

Hit me up, I'm in blades of khorne, Tzeentch one which was going while ago

this release means a few things. look at what tzeentch got.

new changling ==> new epidemus

new lord of change ==> new great unclean one

blue horrors an brimstone ==> new beasts or nurgle?

sounds like a new hero, 

tzaangors ==> pestigors ( hopefully)

skyfires/enlightened ==> new cav?

book, dice, cards. lore of magic which gives extra spells. now the task is to find out what additional thing nurgle stuff gets 

Let's summarise what do we know:

- new beast. The one in the artwork at the end of the video is the same of the dark imperium artwork and the lega spotted by rumour engine. This Kinda beast belongs to aos and 40k so it cannot be a miniature limited to a box like thunder and blood for example.

- new character that has built in the rumour engine of yesterday (?) named horticulus, clear reference to the granpa's garden and the plague garden novel. Imho the mount is not the same but i can be wrong on this one.

- a thing called blight war: for me, since aos and 40k are connected with each other, i think is the new box with gh17. Not only because it makes sense to actually redesign the starter set, but also because plague garden started the conflict between papa Nurgle and stormcast.

After a moment of grief that i had and that i apologize for, i thought that this Nurgle thing has to be huge. They started by deathguard, spoiled mortarion, and now this. Also a plague marine was spotted yesterday. This is not going to be a single and isolated release, i think this is going to overwrite all Nurgle in story and models (at least most of them). 

What do you think?

3 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

Let's summarise what do we know:

- new beast. The one in the artwork at the end of the video is the same of the dark imperium artwork and the lega spotted by rumour engine. This Kinda beast belongs to aos and 40k so it cannot be a miniature limited to a box like thunder and blood for example.

- new character that has built in the rumour engine of yesterday (?) named horticulus, clear reference to the granpa's garden and the plague garden novel. Imho the mount is not the same but i can be wrong on this one.

- a thing called blight war: for me, since aos and 40k are connected with each other, i think is the new box with gh17. Not only because it makes sense to actually redesign the starter set, but also because plague garden started the conflict between papa Nurgle and stormcast.

After a moment of grief that i had and that i apologize for, i thought that this Nurgle thing has to be huge. They started by deathguard, spoiled mortarion, and now this. Also a plague marine was spotted yesterday. This is not going to be a single and isolated release, i think this is going to overwrite all Nurgle in story and models (at least most of them). 

What do you think?

A new starter box would be really cool. I'm confused why we seem to have two campaign looking things launched at once (Blightwar and Firestorm). If Blightwar was a new boxed set, that'd make sense. 

Has anyone seen the points for Rotbringers?  Not a lot of changes for the daemon side and the new named herald on beast-snail-slug isn't in the standard list. Most likely in the new battletome coming sooner rather than later.  I see a lot of the point section has leaked but I haven't seen mortal nurgle anywhere.

Same here, @Jazarith, I haven't spotted them yet. I was surprised to see that nurgle wasn't combined into a single list in the new book. They are the only of the four gods in that condition now. Do you guys still think we will see a new book now? The Blightwar box indicates it will provide allegiance abilities. Will these just be for daemons?

1 hour ago, Jazarith said:

Has anyone seen the points for Rotbringers?  Not a lot of changes for the daemon side and the new named herald on beast-snail-slug isn't in the standard list. Most likely in the new battletome coming sooner rather than later.  I see a lot of the point section has leaked but I haven't seen mortal nurgle anywhere.

I haven't either.  I've been looking for them.  That said...my list has only gotten more points available with the changes :-)

No idea what other models are gonna come out, if any at all. But based on what gw did to the dwarves and ogres, I'm hoping gw are equally creative with nurgle. 

An insect mounted army for example would be awesome. Cockroaches, flies and snails being ridden into battle by blightkings, plague bearers and characters would be sweet.

3 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I haven't either.  I've been looking for them.  That said...my list has only gotten more points available with the changes :-)

What's gone down in points for you Tom? I was hoping for a small shift for warriors. Being able to field units of 5 is pretty cool though. 

Archived