5 x Putrid Blightkings (180)
- Mortal Nurgle Battleline
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Greatblade
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle

Battalions
Blight Guard (100)

Total: 1480/1500

(20 points left to win the understrength reroll).

I played a game of 4 objectives, but i go with half my army to trap the enemy in scenery.

if 3 units of that ****** go closely to the harbringer get -1 to hit, 33% chance of +1 to hit (with the d6 hits), all units reroll 1 to wound, one unit reroll 1 to hit, wound and saves because the socer lord, other unit reroll 1 to save because ocular visions of the socerer lord. Every unit heals 1d3 wounds for every putrid blightking unit in range, and i was vs stormcast.

My rival tryed to kill the harbringer of decay, but i put him on scenery all time, and he save in cover at 3+, 5+ from his skill and 5+ from the talisman, and heal bcause the putrids....

The only problem of this army is the lack of rend and the lack of range mortal wounds, all skills are close range skills (the spell of the socer lord, the sword of plage of the harbringer...). But anyway, if you dont save at 2+ for sure the putrids obliterate it.

5 putrids blightkings (buffed) won vs maw crusha on other game.

On other multiplayer game i win 1500 vs 3000 (another stormcast and the ironjaw allied for kill me, but i stay on cober and killed his herlaldor fast,) i killed all of them and get the artifact.

The problem of this strategy is this, the lack of ranged atacks and ranged mortal wounds, and he can have hard time vs shooting armies and depends of the harbringer. If you get a map with 4 points you can have hard time too, cause you moove in the 7" range... his moviment is null xD.

But in terms of combat force they are unbeatable.

PD; Sorry of my english, sometimes i dont have the inspiration xD. 

Posting for notifications going forward, currently working on mostly demons but I love the Mortals too, I am so excited for a new GUO that I think is coming some time this year, and maybe a new Demon Prince too I hope.  

I'm holding off buying a maggoth lord box hoping the money can be put towards a new huge great unclean one kit.  I hope the featuring of Death Guard in 40k ends up meaning such a kit comes out sooner rather than later.  We'll see what's out when I finish painting what I have and it's time to get another kit.

Morbidex Twiceborn is such an awesome character though.  So jovial and polite.  Genuinely cares about ol' triple tongue.

I'm new to Nurgle and AoS in general. I've been playing small games so far. But loving large blobs (30) of plague bearers. These guys are so hard to remove from the board.

I'm looking at expanding into mortal chaos now. I have a unit of blight kings and as mentioned with the +1 to hit rolls these guys can do serious damage!

with regards plague drones, I've played them once and really enjoyed them. I'm looking at sayl the faithless to get a herald of Nurgle to keep up with them :)

Question though, can anyone sell me on nurglings, plague toads or beasts of Nurgle? I'm not that convinced by them :(

8 minutes ago, underdog6750 said:

I'm new to Nurgle and AoS in general. I've been playing small games so far. But loving large blobs (30) of plague bearers. These guys are so hard to remove from the board.

I'm looking at expanding into mortal chaos now. I have a unit of blight kings and as mentioned with the +1 to hit rolls these guys can do serious damage!

with regards plague drones, I've played them once and really enjoyed them. I'm looking at sayl the faithless to get a herald of Nurgle to keep up with them :)

Question though, can anyone sell me on nurglings, plague toads or beasts of Nurgle? I'm not that convinced by them :(

You're better off with a Nurgle Daemon prince to keep up with the Plague Drones as he can have wings, the Harbringer of Decay can also keep up. Sayl compliments most Chaos lists. I think more plaguebearers are better than nurglings, beasts can be useful for covering charges but I think the points are better used elsewhere.

Nurglings are great with morbidex. D3 models returned per hero phase.  And they fully heal their wounds suffered on models which haven't died..such a tarpit.

Your opponent could do like 14 wounds to your unit of 9 nurglings,  killing 2 and wounding one to 1 wound left. They auto heal 4 wounds and morbidex can spawn (resurrect) 2 more. Meaning their combat has been useless.

Even if say they kill 5. Well d3 back per turn could make that only 2. And alot of units don't do so well after the charge.

They're good for the cost,  not ultra competitive but good fun 

Will be watching this with interest as I have just started collecting a Nurgle army. 

I have 2x Putrid Blightkings, Lord of Plagues and the Glotkin so far. I am hoping to stick with Mortal Nurgle to start. May be tempted to branch out into Deamons at a later time (funds permitting)

Quick question - If I add Chaos Warriors as 1 battleline does that break the Mortal, Nurgle that allows me to have Putrid Blightkings as battleline?  Was looking at Iradekhorne's list above he has 4 PBK and Chaos Warriors, but the Warriors are not battleline.  

Thanks

I don't know if it is competitive but i am working towards 90 PB's with Sayl to throw them where i need them for more mobility, with 3 units that size they will be hard to remove and also take up a ton of board space for board control.  

13 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Nurglings are great with morbidex. D3 models returned per hero phase.  And they fully heal their wounds suffered on models which haven't died..such a tarpit.

I've been saving most of the single nurglings from my first set so when I get Morbidex, I can have loads of scampering nurglings on his base.

On 2017-5-5 at 3:56 AM, Arkiham said:

Your opponent could do like 14 wounds to your unit of 9 nurglings,  killing 2 and wounding one to 1 wound left. They auto heal 4 wounds and morbidex can spawn (resurrect) 2 more. Meaning their combat has been useless.

Even if say they kill 5. Well d3 back per turn could make that only 2. And alot of units don't do so well after the charge.

They're good for the cost,  not ultra competitive but good fun 

My next acquisition will probably be Morbidex. Regenerating all those nasty Nurglings all the time must be very fun to play xD (and quite frustrating for my opponent)

10 hours ago, Kovaks said:

I am working on Bloab right now, I wanted to do morbidex but the setting aside points for new units kind of put me off. He will be my next magoth rider though. 

I haven't been doing anything with points, so the tiny bit of gaming I've done with summoning has just sort of been on a "be reasonable" basis.  Working on a table where each summoning has the chance of attracting the attention of Sigmar.  So the more you port daemons in from the Grandfather's garden, the higher chance a storm will arrive (which could mean anything from potential lightning strikes to the arrival of some stormcast reinforcements for the opponent).  I don't think we'll count d3 nurglings as a full unit summoned unless a 3 is rolled.

Bloab is probably a better place to start for matched play.  The Vile bile attack looks pretty good.  And Bloab being a wizard is just great.

1 hour ago, Hrudian said:

Can the Harbinger of Decay use both his command ability (5+ save) AND his command trait (for example, Lord of War) in the same turn?

Yes. For me he walked around with the blightkings giving them a 5+ ward. Using the battalion meant alot of times people hurt themselves more than me in combat.

I played a game recently using Nurgle and found that a Great Unclean One, Bloab, and Nurglings all focusing on the target of Bloab's spell can do some serious damage in a single round.

Of course, the Nurglings have to actually score a wound.

They wiped out a unit of 5 Retributors and a Lord Celestant on Dracoth buffed to an ungodly save that would also heal him.

Thoughts on this list please fellas:

The Glottkin (480) 

- General 

Great Unclean One (240) 

- Artefact: Crown of Conquest 

Daemon Prince Of Nurgle (160) 

-Wings 

-Sword

Epidemius (180) 

Battleline 

30 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (100) 

10 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (100) 

10 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (100) 

3 X Plague Drones of Nurgle (220)

3 X Plague Drones of Nurgle (220)

Total: 2000/2000

I'm tempted to reduce the plaguebearers to 20,10,10 to make it a Tallyband, but they really are much better at 30 (although is that offset by the resilience of the Tallyband... maybe...).

@Vomikron Noxis are you looking to strictly use demons? And are you limited by models?

I will say the best unit I've added to my Nurgle force has been the plague claw catapult ... crewed by nurglings of course.

Generally speaking Nurgle is slow and resilient. Having ways to reach out and touch the enemy and target key support characters/units and keep them honest is massive.

Sayl can also be great in this manner. Throwing up a x30 plaguebearer blob to the center of the table creates board control on a whole 'nother level.

Tally Band is great. If your worried about meeting the min requirement while keeping units like x30 plaguebearers look at single Beasts as cheep fillers. Remember Epidemius counts as a plaguebearer hero and will count as one of the choices.

Epidemius, really adds a lot of power to Nurgle if you can keep him alive. I recommend always finding room for him. Plagueclaws are a great way to get the tally started early.

I run mixed mortal/demon Nurgle largely due to Blight Kings. These models are what really swayed me towards Nurgle and I always find a place for them. I also rate Tamurkhan Nurgle Trolls, just keep inspiring presence on them.

Archived