GUO 

Rotigus 

Daemon Prince 

Pox bringer 

30 Plaguebearers 

30 Plaguebearers 

10 Plaguebearers 

6 Plague Drones 

Im really excited (when wallet allows) to try out guo, rottigus and yeah, 60 + pbs.

Maybe a newb question (I am a nurgle newb) - what does the daemon prince bring to the list?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Im really excited (when wallet allows) to try out guo, rottigus and yeah, 60 + pbs.

Maybe a newb question (I am a nurgle newb) - what does the daemon prince bring to the list?

I'm guessing it goes with the drones to keep the locus active. It's one of the few hero daemon options with a similar speed after all. In my list I plan on running Lord Of Afflictions for that same purpose.

3 minutes ago, smucreo said:

I'm guessing it goes with the drones to keep the locus active. It's one of the few hero daemon options with a similar speed after all. In my list I plan on running Lord Of Afflictions for that same purpose.

Thanks that makes sense. I had mainly considered the heralds with GUOs (and horticulus) in a demon list but the prince could be good then.

Had a 1500 point game against Stormcast. Opponent had 9 Long strikes, the guy who teleports a unit, some other archers and a 10 man block of the regular shield/hammer guys

My List

GUO - Blade and Bell, The Witherstave, Sumptuous Pestilence
Rotigus

Poxbringer

Spoilpox Scrivener

20 Plaguebearers

20 Plaguebears

3 Nurglings.

Rotigus did some serious work, making it rain and pumping out the mortal wounds, manipulating the Cycle of Corruption between 5 and 6 (Nauserous Revulsion and Rampant Disease) More mortal wounds. Sat on objectives and just attrition-ed Stormcast down.

In hindsight, I think I would try and fit a Sorcerer in place of Spoilpox and take Magnificent Buboes. As it seems much more relevant then the re-rolling 1's for hits and charge. Other then that, really liking how resilient the army feels.

The whole GUO and Rotigus healing themselves back up, casting spells to heal up can be so demoralizing to the opponent.

If I'm not mistaken your last shouldn't have been legal to play matched 1'5k points, since Nurglings are not battleline anymore and you need 3+ battleline. The combo of the GUO and Rotigus seems cool though. I had the same thought, after considering it for a bit I'd rather spend the points of the Scrivener on a Sorcerer or something like that.

EDIT: I'm basing the need 3+ thing on the warscroll builder! I'm not sure 100% it is the case.

14 minutes ago, smucreo said:

If I'm not mistaken your last shouldn't have been legal to play matched 1'5k points, since Nurglings are not battleline anymore and you need 3+ battleline. The combo of the GUO and Rotigus seems cool though. I had the same thought, after considering it for a bit I'd rather spend the points of the Scrivener on a Sorcerer or something like that.

EDIT: I'm basing the need 3+ thing on the warscroll builder! I'm not sure 100% it is the case.

We were practicing for a tournament where the rules being used, were you only needed two battle line units.

4 hours ago, smucreo said:

Yeah, I have the Prince model and my money will be going towards getting both a GUO and Rotigus. Hence why it's used over LoA. But I do want to try that out eventually. 

Hello children of Nurgle, I would like to put forward my list idea for you today and get some feedback and hopefully inspire some of you! So the idea of this list is quite simple, to take full effect of the Blight Cyst by taking as many Blightkings as I can to take advantage of that sweet -1 rend and shooting attack. The choice of Harbinger as the general allows a blob of 10 Blightkings become a big task to remove from the board and with both his artefact and command trait he can cause -4 TO BRAVERY! Yep. Anything he's near will be running! He also allows me to keep up with the Drones more easily to give them a nice boost since he has the daemon keyword.

Gutrot is an interesting choice that I am excited to try out, he will be dropping in with 10 of the Blightkings on the first turn where they are most needed and provide a huge threat to anybody nearby, potentially neutering an important character in combat and having a lot of rend attacks from the Blightkings. 

Lord of Blights is simple, he is needed for the battalion and will walk up the board with the other two units providing them with his shooting attack and has the Muttergrub artefact, so he will reset the clock back to 5 every turn to get ready for those mortal wounds on the next turn.

Plague Drones provide a fairly speedy unit with a lot of attacks that can be sent to where they are needed fairly fast and if needed tie something up in combat for a turn or two as they are fairly tanky and have a chance of returning back.

The Great Unclean One is just a beast, honestly unsure what spell to give him yet so feel free to suggest but I feel like Favoured Poxes may be valuable to helping slay a key model. and make some Blightkings even harder to wipe out.

The list has taken a few changes, mainly the swapping of a 30 man PlagueBearers unit as chaff to cut through for Gutrot and 5 more Blightkings, but I feel like it is a solid change, if Gutrot doesn't work out after a few games I would probably switch back to this as the list currently doesn't have many models.

As I said, would love feedback and your ideas, thanks!

GUO - 340
LORD OF BLIGHTS - 140 (MUTTERGRUB)
GUTROT - 140
HARBINGER - 160 (LEADER, HIDEOUS VISAGE, CARRION DIRGE)
PLAGUE DRONES - 200
BLIGHTKINGS 10 - 320
BLIGHTKINGS 10 - 320
BLIGHTKINGS 5 - 160
BLIGHT CYST - 220

1 hour ago, JonnyTheKing said:

GUO - 340
GUTROT - 140
PLAGUE DRONES - 200
BLIGHTKINGS 10 - 320
BLIGHTKINGS 10 - 320
BLIGHTKINGS 5 - 160
BLIGHT CYST - 220

about efficiency, it should be ok, but what about the fun???? kings kings kings  :S

15 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

about efficiency, it should be ok, but what about the fun???? kings kings kings  :S

They are my favourite model and I think despite there being so many it will still be fun as they are getting used in a number of different ways (Using shooting, character hunting with Gutrot). If I find them boring I will retweak and swap something for 30 Plaguebearers again.

38 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

to keep into the kings theme, what about pusgoyle kings? they seem to be beasts! (and I love the models also)

They aren't that strong. Cool models but i'd rather have 2 loa than 2 pusgoyles every day

I just think that their damage and their cost doesn't match

2 hours ago, JonnyTheKing said:

GUO - 340
GUTROT - 140
PLAGUE DRONES - 200
BLIGHTKINGS 10 - 320
BLIGHTKINGS 10 - 320
BLIGHTKINGS 5 - 160
BLIGHT CYST - 220

Looks solid, though I wonder how a Blight Cyst list would do with having Horticulous. You use him to spam more trees, then the Blight Cyst battalion means the enemy can't use them as cover, plus they are pumping out d3 mortal wounds.

Speaking of Gnarlmaws, anyone else trying a tree spam list? With Horticulous you have an ~84% chance to have 3 trees in the first turn if you place one down with Horticulous before rolling for the contagion points. The idea is to fill the board with trees, 2 a turn, keeping Horticulous alive so you can place them only 1" away from enemy models. Oddly the list might need more Nurglings to deepstrike around the board and be used to strategically place trees.

Not super happy with the list I have here, any suggestions welcome. I have Lord of Blights mainly for his defesive capabilities and the -2 to hit on the Plaguebearers. I realise I could take a Chaos Sorcerer Lord to fill the extra points, but was thinking the Poxbringer had better synergies.

Nurgle's Menagerie 240
Horticulous Slimux 220
Beasts of Nurgle x 3 300
Plague Drones 200
Nurglings 100

Plaguebearers 320
Blightkings 160
Blightkings 160
Lord of Blights 140
Poxbringer 120

14 minutes ago, Husserl said:

Looks solid, though I wonder how a Blight Cyst list would do with having Horticulous. You use him to spam more trees, then the Blight Cyst battalion means the enemy can't use them as cover, plus they are pumping out d3 mortal wounds.

Honestly a list like this doesn't really make use of the trees too much, they add a nice little bonus but not enough to invest army resources into

2 minutes ago, JonnyTheKing said:

Honestly a list like this doesn't really make use of the trees too much, they add a nice little bonus but not enough to invest army resources into

I see where you are coming from but I think that is a bit of a mistake. There is this whole alliegance ability that will help boost Nurgle over other factions. It is also one of the few free summons in matched play. If you can exploit it, you will be able to make your list even better.

1 minute ago, Husserl said:

I see where you are coming from but I think that is a bit of a mistake. There is this whole alliegance ability that will help boost Nurgle over other factions. It is also one of the few free summons in matched play. If you can exploit it, you will be able to make your list even better.

Absolutely, they will have a key role in getting some blightkings up the board through running and also being able to charge. But I would not add Horticulous to the list to spam more personally as I will more than likely be summoning a couple already in key spots without him. 

Hello everyone. I want to play blight cyst so i made a couple of lists. Let me know which one do you like more.

Cyst1

Lord of Blights
Harbinger, rustfang, resilient
Sorcerer, muttergrub, plague squall
Gutrot Spume
Festus, gift of contagion
3*10 kings
2*10 marauders
Blight cyst

2000/2000

Cyst 2
Lord of affliction, rustfang
Harbinger, witherstave, resilient
Gutrot Spume
Lord of blights
3*10 kings
2*10 marauders
Cyst
1960/2000

Which do you like the most? Both have gutrot for deepstryke, 30 kings that are not that easy to take down and marauders for capturing and screening. 

List1 has magic, list 2 has witherstave and loa

16 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

It looks like great fun to me. What could be more fun than a load of Blightkings with rend AND a shooting attack! Battalions are so expensive these days that if you’re going to run one, you need to max out on it really. 

And they are some of the best models in the game so lots of fun building and painting them too! ?

9 hours ago, shadowgra said:

Hello everyone. I want to play blight cyst so i made a couple of lists. Let me know which one do you like more.

Cyst1

Lord of Blights
Harbinger, rustfang, resilient
Sorcerer, muttergrub, plague squall
Gutrot Spume
Festus, gift of contagion
3*10 kings
2*10 marauders
Blight cyst

2000/2000

Cyst 2
Lord of affliction, rustfang
Harbinger, witherstave, resilient
Gutrot Spume
Lord of blights
3*10 kings
2*10 marauders
Cyst
1960/2000

Which do you like the most? Both have gutrot for deepstryke, 30 kings that are not that easy to take down and marauders for capturing and screening. 

List1 has magic, list 2 has witherstave and loa

What role do the mauraders play? Surely you could use the points for something more efficient. And is spike taking one of the kings with him?

So having written a list a month before the Maggotkin releases and having ordered custom foam for that list, I really want to get Glottkin into my list:

-Glottkin (General)
-Rotigus (Though may swap for a GUO with bell)
-Plague Priest

-30x Plaguebearers
-30x Plaguebearers
-5x Blightkings
-5x Blightkings

-3x Plague Drones

The original idea was to use Glottkin's spell to double the wounds on a plaguebearers squad to use as a super resilient objective grab. The PlagueDrones were my fast attack, though with the GUO's bell, they may not be needed in this list. 

Feel free to rip apart the list or give any feedback!

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

What role do the mauraders play? Surely you could use the points for something more efficient. And is spike taking one of the kings with him?

Objective capture and screening. This way i don't waste 320 points on an objective and can send them killing stuff. Do you mean spume? Yes 1 unit of 10 is with him so that i can add some pressure early.

Hello, I`m still looking for good mortal/rotbringers list. My latest try is (IMO) quite interesting. This army has some issues but it`s interesting way:

Allegiance: Nurgle
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing
- Artefact: The Splithorn Helm
Gutrot Spume (140)
Sorcerer (120)
- Artefact: Muttergrub
- Lore of Malignance: Blades of Putrefaction
Sayl The Faithless (120)
- Allies
20 x Putrid Blightkings (580)
30 x Chaos Warriors (480)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)
- Axes & Shields
- Axes & Shields
1 x Chaos Warshrine (180)
- Blood Blessing: None
Plaguetouched Warband (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 120 / 400
Wounds: 198

So:
- Only two drops (it's critical vs some list like DoT)
- Round 1: Sorcerer buffing Chaos Warriors with Blades of Putrefaction and eventually Mystical Shield (also Warshrine pray for re-roll to wound on them), then Sayl use his teleport spell to send 28 warriors to the front of enemy (as wide line as it`s possible). In the movement phase Gutrot and his Putrids arrive from one table side edge to complete front line. Buffing characters (harbinger and warshrine) run forward to secure ward bubbles for warriors and blightkings. Marauders takes backfield objectives (and objective grabbers with teleport from Sayl). Now I have two chances for succesful charge (Putrids and warriors, both with +1 to charge) and even if I failed both there is still massive road block for my enemy.

Buffed Warriors are terryfing unit - 3+ with re-roll 1 to save, ward save 5+ (harbinger) and 6+ (warshrine), plus -1 to hit (plaguetouched).  They have two attack each (3+/4+(re-roll all from Warshrine)/-/1 and each 6 to hit trigger one mortal wound. Putrids are extremely powerfull in big unit. 81 wound with 4+ save and 5++, 6++ (same as warriors).

So, what do you think?

W.

10 minutes ago, Well of Eternity said:

Hello, I`m still looking for good mortal/rotbringers list. My latest try is (IMO) quite interesting. This army has some issues but it`s interesting way:

Allegiance: Nurgle
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing
- Artefact: The Splithorn Helm
Gutrot Spume (140)
Sorcerer (120)
- Artefact: Muttergrub
- Lore of Malignance: Blades of Putrefaction
Sayl The Faithless (120)
- Allies
20 x Putrid Blightkings (580)
30 x Chaos Warriors (480)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Axes & Shields
- Axes & Shields
1 x Chaos Warshrine (180)
- Blood Blessing: None
Plaguetouched Warband (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 120 / 400
Wounds: 198

So:
- Only two drops (it's critical vs some list like DoT)
- Round 1: Sorcerer buffing Chaos Warriors with Blades of Putrefaction and eventually Mystical Shield (also Warshrine pray for re-roll to wound on them), then Sayl use his teleport spell to send 28 warriors to the front of enemy (as wide line as it`s possible). In the movement phase Gutrot and his Putrids arrive from one table side edge to complete front line. Buffing characters (harbinger and warshrine) run forward to secure ward bubbles for warriors and blightkings. Marauders takes backfield objectives (and objective grabbers with teleport from Sayl). Now I have two chances for succesful charge (Putrids and warriors, both with +1 to charge) and even if I failed both there is still massive road block for my enemy.

Buffed Warriors are terryfing unit - 3+ with re-roll 1 to save, ward save 5+ (harbinger) and 6+ (warshrine), plus -1 to hit (plaguetouched).  They have two attack each (3+/4+(re-roll all from Warshrine)/-/1 and each 6 to hit trigger one mortal wound. Putrids are extremely powerfull in big unit. 81 wound with 4+ save and 5++, 6++ (same as warriors).

So, what do you think?

W.

The list is cool.

I only want to remind you that warshrine works for models in range of it, not units. I used it a couple of times then dropped it, doesn't do enough imho.

I would strongly recommend you to take a lord of affliction with rustfang since it is so op and reducing armor for a non rend list is so useful.

I would take out 1 marauders and the shrine for a lord of affliction. I'll tell you that moving 20 BK in cohesion in one unit is hard (really hard).

Archived