Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

12 minutes ago, Nico said:

Let’s hope so. I don’t see any reason why the Codex and Battletome could not be released on the same day. The hype has been masterfully done. 

Yeah though GW might have started the AOS nurgle hype just because they knew that codex Daemons would preview some of the new nurgle stuff and so they wanted to take control of the rumourmongering. However this is purely speculations from a guy who swore that nurgle releases were coming every month since last june. Clearly I am no Hastings and I put my pants on one leg at a time like the rest of the silly mortals.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Yeah though GW might have started the AOS nurgle hype just because they knew that codex Daemons would preview some of the new nurgle stuff and so they wanted to take control of the rumourmongering. However this is purely speculations from a guy who swore that nurgle releases were coming every month since last june. Clearly I am no Hastings and I put my pants on one leg at a time like the rest of the silly mortals.

I think the AoS side of Nurgle is merely along for the ride of a 40k release here and Malign Portents will be coming out and doing its own thing.

Just now, bsharitt said:

I think the AoS side of Nurgle is merely along for the ride of a 40k release here and Malign Portents will be coming out and doing its own thing.

Nurgle is like 4 months late as of 40k releases. Blightwar should have triggered nurgle. 

5 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Nurgle is like 4 months late as of 40k releases. Blightwar should have triggered nurgle. 

It should have, but Daemons of Chaos codex probably wasn't ready. I'm still kind of curious about the time of Blightwar. It seemed like are really odd release out. I suppose it could do with those reports of production issues that the GW factories were having and they physically coundn't get the Nurgle releases out when it would have made sense right after Death Guard, but Blightwar was fine because it only came with two new models. It's not like we're really that far removed from other Nurgle adjacent. The last of the Death Guard units without a model just came out in December(along with some other new ones). It's just been a slow burn since Dark Imperium.

I assume our battletomes will be strong. And i assume that unless they cost a lot, the flying kings will be incredibly good.

Combine the locus, the attack explosion, the rend, the movement and you have a good unit. If they put into also the DR i think they will be overpowered

16 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

I assume our battletomes will be strong. And i assume that unless they cost a lot, the flying kings will be incredibly good.

Combine the locus, the attack explosion, the rend, the movement and you have a good unit. If they put into also the DR i think they will be overpowered

I agree completely. The blight drones have the potential to be superb, especially with some hit and wound roll buffs. They’ll likely have 7 attacks each too :P 

18 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

I think it's strong too. I doubt it will be DoT strong but that's only a good thing. Prime reason I say this is that 9 Fate Dice still are an example of poor design for Matched play at below 2K levels. 

What I think is that Daemons are there for the body counts and the Blightknights for the elite supports. Mix as you like or pick either and add numbers through Slaves to Darkness :D 

Size up for the GUO (guess):
image.png.03d612645116f852053c03a9de85d8cc.png

35 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

I wonder what battleline is gonna be. Any thoughts? 

My guess is that Blightkings (on foot), Plaguebearers and Nurglings are going to be Battleline. IF Pestigors are part of the plan they will be Battleline and then probably Nurglings will not.

BTW (Im spamming the heck out of every forum), I love this set up, wether or not it's an actual option is totally irrelevant to me. Sword and parry dagger is awesome!

image.png.0394077a7ac8acd02f1448dd91c0733a.png

32 minutes ago, Killax said:

My guess is that Blightkings (on foot), Plaguebearers and Nurglings are going to be Battleline. IF Pestigors are part of the plan they will be Battleline and then probably Nurglings will not.

BTW (Im spamming the heck out of every forum), I love this set up, wether or not it's an actual option is totally irrelevant to me. Sword and parry dagger is awesome!

image.png.0394077a7ac8acd02f1448dd91c0733a.png

As much as I love that set up, I’m really interested read the special rules for the Bell too!

6 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

As much as I love that set up, I’m really interested read the special rules for the Bell too!

Certainly! But I think the cool thing about having spare Nurglings is that they can carry the bell on the base for him ;) 

In terms of the bells and the Musician Plaguebearer Herald I do think that a logical and competitive ability to give to the GUO and Plaguebearers would be to allow for charge re-rolls, regardless of making it or not.

I think this would be a very potent concept to add because it would mean you more likely roll seven, meaning Grandfather's Joy is more likely to trigger and quite honestly this is one of the most potent abilities.

In addition I now wonder if this 'whenever you roll seven' is changed to seven or more because this did apply for rolls of 6 as per FAQ....

5 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

What about alliance abilties? Do you think we get spells/deceases?

and the wheel from blightwar? Replaced or stay?

I imagine it'll stay but just without the wheel, with a table instead.  Interested to see what buffs the 3 different GUOs give. Though the current GUO is good, I prefer the Glottkin's abilities and spells. 

19 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

What about alliance abilties? Do you think we get spells/deceases?

and the wheel from blightwar? Replaced or stay?

I think the Wheel of Decay is there to stay, pretty much in the same form as it is now. Cool also because it gives players another reason to purchase Blightwars. Same applies for the Herald on Snail, I know a lot of players want it in a seperate box but as long as Blacktalon isn't you can rest assure that GW wants to keep it Blightwar exclusive for now. Remember the Bloodsecrator and Mighty Lord of Khorne where released this year, yet their starter kit was out in 2015. Now I don't think you'll have to wait that long for Nurgle but I do not think they will suddenly release that model seperately this month. Instead I'd expect that somewhere summer 2018.

In terms of Allegiance abilities I think you guys too will have  a Mortal and Daemon Artefact list, Mortal and Daemon Spell lists and on top of that I actually expect those newer Heralds to be small support bubbles, likely replicas of what you've seen or what you really want.

If I had to make a wild guess I can see the Herald with Bagpipe allow for Charge re-rolls, which would merge really well with Grandfather's Joy. The other seems to be a form of Tallyman also which he likely will be. On top of that I hope for you guys that there will be some non-character Warscrolls of models currently represented solely with characters. Especially the Morbidex kit (which is also out of stock online now, I guess for the moment) would be really neat to have as a regular character also. A bit like a reverse thing they did for Khorgos Khul. 

What I think is that the GUO will largely remain the same, I feel he's really good. I do get that some want the Glottkin designs but keep in mind that I think that will roughly stay the same. Thinking back on when Blades of Khorne got updated it was largely the Daemons being more open for custom options thanks to Artefacts and the like and on the Mortal side we allready see Blightkings covering the elite :) With Blightkings on drones to top it of. 

From a competitive perspective I also don't think tons need to change for Nurgle, they just need their own Spells and Artefacts like every Allegiance wants. The Battle Trait is unique and fun and this is actually a much better design as for example adding 7 dice to re-roll stuff with ;) 

Edit:

While I really don't know if Pestigors will be part of the release it would make sence for Nurgle Maggotkin to also have 3 Battleline units akin to that of Blades of Khorne and Desciples of Tzeentch. 
Blightkings, Pestigors and Plaguebearers could make a really nice Battleline trio, not unlike that of Blood Warriors, Bloodreavers and Bloodletters or Tzaangors, Acolytes and Pink Horrors.

Cheers,

Absolutely hyped for the new Nurgle stuff.  I've been on the fence too long while I built my Death Guard for 40k, but seeing these new models means I'll soon be pledging my soul to Grandfather in the Mortal Realms as well.  I hope the GUO heads are interchangeable, I want to use the head of the second one (with the forked tongue that also has a head) on the first one with the sword and flail, like the old GUO artwork they showed.  I really really really am hoping for Pestigor, even if it's not a new model and just using the existing Beastmen.

41 minutes ago, wayniac said:

Absolutely hyped for the new Nurgle stuff.  I've been on the fence too long while I built my Death Guard for 40k, but seeing these new models means I'll soon be pledging my soul to Grandfather in the Mortal Realms as well.  I hope the GUO heads are interchangeable, I want to use the head of the second one (with the forked tongue that also has a head) on the first one with the sword and flail, like the old GUO artwork they showed.  I really really really am hoping for Pestigor, even if it's not a new model and just using the existing Beastmen.

Great plan Wayne!

If you really want to recreate that original art I do think some greenstuff is required though! I think the heads are interchangeable but I doubt the mouth is/eyes are and to recreate the orginal art exactly (assuming you mean this piece):
DaysofNurgle2-Dec26-WENurgle2hcd.jpg

You would require some cuts-an-greenstuff:
image.png.c5948b93e9f5b98091d0501573bc1fc0.png

Though it's certainly doable! :) 

Really very excited, going to focus on making a fully painted 2k for nurgle with options for 2018. Painting nurglings now in excitement.

The guo looks fantastic, very curious to see the rest of the warscroll. Looks to me to be each head and neck separately (the necks have different tentacles etc), right hand is separate, and the left forearm. And then at least two belly hole pieces. Really loving the nurglings, will be taking the wizard and champion ones from the kit for my nurgling triumvirate herald.

The new spell making 6+s to hit a mortal wound looks like it could be horrendous on BK. Would trigger on shooting and melee of you were to give them the shooting from the new character.

Fan theory is the lord of blights might be the guy on the front cover. Those hanging heads from the gibbet on his back would match the ability. Otherwise lord of plagues is being gotten rid of warscroll wise for it.

Just really want the book so I can write my lists! 30 plaguebearers core and at least one GUO for sure. Probably magnetise him for options.

1 minute ago, smucreo said:

Man this is so cool, the leaked stuff looks cool too. Does anyone have some idea on when will we have enough info to start theorycrafting? I want to start a Nurgle army but I guess I should wait for now!

People have been theorycrafting for months with no info at all.

So do you know where I could start? I had several lists in mind, I really like Daemons so I'd probably get a Start Collecting but I'm still not sure how good each unit is so until I have a better grasp I'm just guessing. But at this point I'm sure most of us are until the new stuff is released haha

10 minutes ago, smucreo said:

So do you know where I could start? I had several lists in mind, I really like Daemons so I'd probably get a Start Collecting but I'm still not sure how good each unit is so until I have a better grasp I'm just guessing. But at this point I'm sure most of us are until the new stuff is released haha

Get whatever you like! The good thing about Chaos with these Battletomes is that good design will give you a ton of great flexability.

For 2000 points you'll likely want about 60 Plaguebearers (2x3) as your backbone, 2 units of Blightkings to support those and then it's really up to you. Some will soon prefer the slightly more swarm Daemonic route and the others like the Rotbringers but if you want you can still add Clan Pestilence and Chaos Warriors too :) 

So the first question (same with Blades of Khorne) I ask is which unit design you like, pure the looks.

Heralds will be great for Daemons:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/12/27/the-third-day-of-nurgle-heraldsgw-homepage-post-3/

Archived