Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sure is! Also based on the new model I feel we'll see stats change a littlebit soon too. 

By comparison I think the base of the Great Unclean One's rules are cool allready but simply said need to be spiced up in order to match such a significant model :D 
My personal approach would really be to put him better in line with the Bloodthirster and Lord of Change.

To me this would mean the following:
+4 wounds (total of 14 Wounds)
+1 attack on Massive Bilesword (total of 7 attacks undamaged, going 4,3,3,2,1)
+40 points (maby more, maby less, you never know ;) , total 280) 

Offcourse the Beast of Nurgle can't be left behind either, my guess is that it will be more akin to the power of a Khorgorath now: 
+ 1 wounds (total of 7 Wounds)
+ 1 attack on Slobbering Tongue (total of 2 there)
- Locus of Virulence to be effective on Nurgle Daemon Hero
+10 points (maby less, total would be 70)

All in all I think Battletome Nurgle Rotbringers will be excellent and present a ton of synergy to each other. While doing this though I still expect the Mortal aspects to be rather elite and indeed Blightking focused and the Plaguebearers and Nurglings acting as a swarm. To support that I also expect the Blight-Tree to have an effect on terrain but more likely also spawn Nurgling units. 

Looking forward to read some things you guys expect or hope for!

33 minutes ago, Killax said:

It sure is! Also based on the new model I feel we'll see stats change a littlebit soon too. 

By comparison I think the base of the Great Unclean One's rules are cool allready but simply said need to be spiced up in order to match such a significant model :D 
My personal approach would really be to put him better in line with the Bloodthirster and Lord of Change.

To me this would mean the following:
+4 wounds (total of 14 Wounds)
+1 attack on Massive Bilesword (total of 7 attacks undamaged, going 4,3,3,2,1)
+40 points (maby more, maby less, you never know ;) , total 280) 

Offcourse the Beast of Nurgle can't be left behind either, my guess is that it will be more akin to the power of a Khorgorath now: 
+ 1 wounds (total of 7 Wounds)
+ 1 attack on Slobbering Tongue (total of 2 there)
- Locus of Virulence to be effective on Nurgle Daemon Hero
+10 points (maby less, total would be 70)

All in all I think Battletome Nurgle Rotbringers will be excellent and present a ton of synergy to each other. While doing this though I still expect the Mortal aspects to be rather elite and indeed Blightking focused and the Plaguebearers and Nurglings acting as a swarm. To support that I also expect the Blight-Tree to have an effect on terrain but more likely also spawn Nurgling units. 

Looking forward to read some things you guys expect or hope for!

I'm kind of hoping that rather that being more like korgoraths, the beasts get organized into more mandatory units of 3 or 5 minimum. Given the options seen in the beasts yesterday(different heads and belly mouths on likely one or two of the same chassis), it seems likely that they'll be sold as units rather than one at a time for that many options.

But I think you're right on the nose about the GUO. Bring him into line with the Bloodthirster and the Lord of Change. Looks like they pull the old one from being able to be ordered online, so I'm assuming we'll see something official about the new model sooner rather than later. Old beasts still available though.

9 minutes ago, LLC said:

I'm so happy!!!! This is the best thing I could have asked for for Xmas. 

MAGGOTKIN. I LOVE IT. 

Do we think Tamurkhan's horde (The maggot lord) will be included? Maybe new Toad models?!?!

I doubt they'll get a mention in the Battletome, but if the Khorne and Tzeench stuff is anything to go by, the allegiance abilities and artifacts should be usable by anything with the Nurgle keyword, so Tamurkhans Hordes and even Clan Pestilians should benefit.

1 hour ago, polarbear said:

I like the GUO because it looks easy to paint. Not super busy with detail like some new models. That nurgling hero on the bottom is a classic. 

Agreed. It's got enough going on that people who want a lot of detail have plenty to work with, but it should also do pretty well with a more basic paint job without too many obligatory details.

5 hours ago, bsharitt said:

I'm kind of hoping that rather that being more like korgoraths, the beasts get organized into more mandatory units of 3 or 5 minimum. Given the options seen in the beasts yesterday(different heads and belly mouths on likely one or two of the same chassis), it seems likely that they'll be sold as units rather than one at a time for that many options.

But I think you're right on the nose about the GUO. Bring him into line with the Bloodthirster and the Lord of Change. Looks like they pull the old one from being able to be ordered online, so I'm assuming we'll see something official about the new model sooner rather than later. Old beasts still available though.

Well due to buffs Id think that more are usuaally a good choice for Nurgle :) but I think there willl be 2 or 3 per box and well they are good dogs/support in their current design :D for 40K their design will likely be different, more cavalry like.

Yeah by the looks of it we'll also have weapon options now, which is cool. The kit matches all art weve seen from GUOs so thats fantastic.

All in all hope to see these new Warscrolls soon!

9 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

Great news that The Maggotkin will be the first battletome of 2018. But I wonder just when we’ll be seeing these amazing new releases. Does anyone have any idea? 

If history is anything to go by, it looks like it'll be a big enough release to have at least a couple of weeks of releases. We'll probably see books first along with the first set of models, then miniatures releases for a as long as they plan to stretch it out for(depending how big the final release is). Death Guard and Kharadron Overlords saw several weeks of releases, but they were new factions, so probably not as long  for Nurgle. We'll probably see books go up for preorder either the first or second week of January and then a release a week for the rest of the month and maybe into February.

The fact that they are teasing this in full makes me believe the start of the release for this will be early January, since chaos daemons will be dropping in January confirmed it makes total sense. The release might just take 6 weeks or so, especially if they pause the releases to put out the Portent stuff

3 hours ago, bsharitt said:

If history is anything to go by, it looks like it'll be a big enough release to have at least a couple of weeks of releases. We'll probably see books first along with the first set of models, then miniatures releases for a as long as they plan to stretch it out for(depending how big the final release is). Death Guard and Kharadron Overlords saw several weeks of releases, but they were new factions, so probably not as long  for Nurgle. We'll probably see books go up for preorder either the first or second week of January and then a release a week for the rest of the month and maybe into February.

Well one thing about release that does confuse me a bit is the fact that gw has begun a hype campaign already. I know Malign Portents is set for january and codex daemons come first but if my memory serves me right the hype campaigns similar to what they are doing with Nurgle these days usually stops when preorder begins(or a few days later). Such was the way of Blightwar, Shadespire, Necromunda to name the last ones on top of my mind. Going by that logic and the fact that we get a total of 7 days worth of nurgle spoils, it should be on preorder this saturday or the one after.  Not sure I believe that it will be on saturday but the one after seem very likely to kick it off.

Archived