Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

5 hours ago, LLC said:

Hello fellow devotees of Papa Nurgle,

I know everyone's expecting new units and a tome soon, but until then, can I get some thought on my list? I'm going up against seraphon and tzeench mostly so I generally assume most spells wont work, so when they do it's gravy.

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders:

Exalted Greater Daemon of Nurgle (500) - General

Daemon Prince Of Nurgle (160)

Bloab Rotspawned (240)

Units

30 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (270)

6 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (440)

5 x Putrid Blightkings (180)

Total: 1790 / 2000 Allies: 0 / 400 Leaders: 3/6 Battlelines: 2 (3+) Behemoths: 3/4 Artillery: 0/4

Here I am at 1790 w 1 battleline remaining. On the warscroll builder when i put in 40 plaguemonks as my 3rd battleline, it lets me. Is that a mistake? If so, I have 12 Chaos warriors I could use for battleline. 

My question is, I'm essentially running squads, the prince and the drones,  bloab bubble wrapped in Plague bros, and then the kings and big guy. My 3rd battleline sort of shapes the rest of the playstyle. I have one slow squad, one fast hitting squad and then one slow as ****** squad that hurts. The monks are great, as they just take up a lot of room on the board, and their exploding is super fun. When the drones are in a weird spot, they're a good target for the EGUO command ability. 

I could also throw in 5 Chaos warriors to satisfy the requirement and then throw in a plague monk or two for the prayers. (Buffs the drones hella and cant be dispelled or whatever.) 

Soooo Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for taking the time this busy holiday season.

(The real answer is pestigors if we ever get them right???) 

First of all, you can't really take 12 warriors (unless you pay for 15, of course). Better off taking 10 for 180, 5 knights for 160 (better option imo, some needed speed) or another 20 plague boys. This is just off the top of my head.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/12/2017 at 5:05 PM, LLC said:

Hello fellow devotees of Papa Nurgle,

I know everyone's expecting new units and a tome soon, but until then, can I get some thought on my list? I'm going up against seraphon and tzeench mostly so I generally assume most spells wont work, so when they do it's gravy.

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders:

Exalted Greater Daemon of Nurgle (500) - General

Daemon Prince Of Nurgle (160)

Bloab Rotspawned (240)

Units

30 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (270)

6 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (440)

5 x Putrid Blightkings (180)

Total: 1790 / 2000 Allies: 0 / 400 Leaders: 3/6 Battlelines: 2 (3+) Behemoths: 3/4 Artillery: 0/4

Here I am at 1790 w 1 battleline remaining. On the warscroll builder when i put in 40 plaguemonks as my 3rd battleline, it lets me. Is that a mistake? If so, I have 12 Chaos warriors I could use for battleline. 

My question is, I'm essentially running squads, the prince and the drones,  bloab bubble wrapped in Plague bros, and then the kings and big guy. My 3rd battleline sort of shapes the rest of the playstyle. I have one slow squad, one fast hitting squad and then one slow as ****** squad that hurts. The monks are great, as they just take up a lot of room on the board, and their exploding is super fun. When the drones are in a weird spot, they're a good target for the EGUO command ability. 

I could also throw in 5 Chaos warriors to satisfy the requirement and then throw in a plague monk or two for the prayers. (Buffs the drones hella and cant be dispelled or whatever.) 

Soooo Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for taking the time this busy holiday season.

(The real answer is pestigors if we ever get them right???) 

As far as I am aware they’re only pestilens battleline, not straight up nurgle. 

Also the blight kings may be a bit toothless without a +1 to hit, and easy to kill without a ward. To be honest, I’m a pretty inexperienced player so don’t take my word for it. But it might be worth reconsidering the kings in this list and take more pbs to fill out 2 battlelines. 

Although I haven’t used one yet, I do like the look of the plague priests though. If you use one let me know how it goes!

I'm competing in my first tournament next month and need advice on my list.  So far it's been pretty amazing and I've won all 3 games I've played with it. Just want clarification on a few technical rules and advice for changes.

Nurgle battle trait -cycle of corruption

chaos traits and artefacts.

Greater exalted daemon of nurgle -500

-general with chaos talisman artefact

Epidemius- 180

he's been mvp every game with his tally

Lord of plagues -100

Morbidex twiceborn -240

Battleline 5 blightkings, 5 blightkings, 10 blightkings for 720 points

9 nurglings -240 points

1980/2000 points.

I usually send blightkings up sides for damage dealing and the unit of nurglings in the middle never dies because of their healing and morbidex adding models each of his hero phases.

Questions

- the chaos talisman gives greater exalted a save after his save after his bile and blubber save correct? So a 3+ save, 5+ bile and blubber and 6+(5 if order) talisman save?

-If I take Lord of war command trait for +1 hit and putrid blightkings get d6 hits when i roll a 6 to hit does that mean they get d6 hits on a 5+? This is super important for me.

-morbidex's Lord of nurgling says to add d3 nurglings to a unit within 7" in my hero phase. From our group's understanding I don't need points for this since I'm adding models to a unit and not setting up a new unit. Is that right? Additionally can I only add models if they've died (so I already paid points for them) or can I just add extra models I haven't paid for?

Finally another thread confirmed we can use the nurgle cycle of corruption battle trait with chaos command trait and abilities. Can we re confirm this?

Thanks so much for the advice! Nurgle has been much stronger than I expected.

On 12/23/2017 at 5:26 PM, Archaeopteryx said:

I'm competing in my first tournament next month and need advice on my list.  So far it's been pretty amazing and I've won all 3 games I've played with it. Just want clarification on a few technical rules and advice for changes.

Nurgle battle trait -cycle of corruption

chaos traits and artefacts.

Greater exalted daemon of nurgle -500

-general with chaos talisman artefact

Epidemius- 180

he's been mvp every game with his tally

Lord of plagues -100

Morbidex twiceborn -240

Battleline 5 blightkings, 5 blightkings, 10 blightkings for 720 points

9 nurglings -240 points

1980/2000 points.

I usually send blightkings up sides for damage dealing and the unit of nurglings in the middle never dies because of their healing and morbidex adding models each of his hero phases.

Questions

- the chaos talisman gives greater exalted a save after his save after his bile and blubber save correct? So a 3+ save, 5+ bile and blubber and 6+(5 if order) talisman save?

-If I take Lord of war command trait for +1 hit and putrid blightkings get d6 hits when i roll a 6 to hit does that mean they get d6 hits on a 5+? This is super important for me.

-morbidex's Lord of nurgling says to add d3 nurglings to a unit within 7" in my hero phase. From our group's understanding I don't need points for this since I'm adding models to a unit and not setting up a new unit. Is that right? Additionally can I only add models if they've died (so I already paid points for them) or can I just add extra models I haven't paid for?

Finally another thread confirmed we can use the nurgle cycle of corruption battle trait with chaos command trait and abilities. Can we re confirm this?

Thanks so much for the advice! Nurgle has been much stronger than I expected.

Cool list. I don't understand something though. If you're using the Nurgle battle trait, surely you can't mix in Chaos artifacts? I've always been under the assumption that if you were using an alliance, i.e. nurgle or tzeentch, then you were limited to the traits and artifacts that were unique to those alliances. Am I missing something?

7 hours ago, Tasman said:

Cool list. I don't understand something though. If you're using the Nurgle battle trait, surely you can't mix in Chaos artifacts? I've always been under the assumption that if you were using an alliance, i.e. nurgle or tzeentch, then you were limited to the traits and artifacts that were unique to those alliances. Am I missing something?

No you’re not missing anything. You can’t use Chaos GA abilities etc with Nurgle allegiance.

Also, some thoughts please.

New beasts of nurgle confirmed. Even if they don't change the warscroll, Horticulous Slimux is now interesting to me. Can someone give me their read of him? Just bought him for $18 in anticipation of the beasts. The models look so sickkkkkk.

35 minutes ago, LLC said:

New beasts of nurgle confirmed. Even if they don't change the warscroll, Horticulous Slimux is now interesting to me. Can someone give me their read of him? Just bought him for $18 in anticipation of the beasts. The models look so sickkkkkk.

He's pretty good for 200 points, though I feel like new beasts (hoping on updated rules) will see that 200 points justified a bit more. He is 3+ save with a 5+, and isn't a behemoth/monster so scores/heals a lot in duality of death (or whatever the hero one is), and can get cover saves. He's pretty choppy (but don't rely on him to clear something, mine has fluffed dice rolls A LOT)

2 hours ago, LLC said:

I'm thinking they might get a new warscroll and points that require them to be fielded in some minimum unit size of 3 or 5.

4 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

We knew we would get a new GUO and beast models for the most part..BUT A BLIGHT TREE AND BLOGHTKINGS RIDING DRONES??????!!!!!

Is the blight tree a real model? Maybe similar to a war shrine?? 

totally speculated this flying blightkings and sylvaneth tree like 6 months ago. 

Archived