Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

49 minutes ago, Hrudian said:

Spoiler

8cf92f4b41b3afbd684afdc835158a97.jpg

I paint mine in a variety of colors. IMO it enhances the perception of having a lot of small individual critters together. My thought is that it gives you more to "discover" on each base.

I've started with the variety as well.  Seeing your bases definitely convinces me I'm on the right path.  I think I am going to go for some brown and purple and flesh tone ones as well as the ochre and green.  I do like the idea of having things to discover on each base.  Thanks!  

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find beginning an army is always such a rush, thinking about colour schemes etc. Then testing stuff to see what you get. 

Still working on a list for Nurgle but I started playing around with colours (in-between finishing my other army). And this is where I am so far.

Yes, i think the pallid greenish white flesh looks great.  I've added the picture to my folder/notes about the range of skin tones.  I think mortal and nurgle aligned beast men will look great in that scheme.

I'll share some of my army photos. Decided to do a blightkings heavy army. They have trees, grass, mushrooms, vines and plants growing off of them. Going with the idea that they are rotting and decaying as we speak and are glorifying piles of compost that spread decay to others nearby. Plants and trees have found a nice moist fleshy fold (blech!) to germinate in. Bases will be heavily grasses and flower-d and fallen logs etc.

IMG_2592.JPG

IMG_2593.JPG

IMG_2594.JPG

IMG_2595.JPG

IMG_2596.JPG

IMG_2597.JPG

Hey all!

So I'm still pretty mew to Nurgle in general but it seems like the Tally Band is kind of the end all, be all of Demons of Nurgle. I mean granted, its basically our ONLY formation. 

I was wondering though, what do we do offence wise? I mean we seem to have durability in the bag with "Disgustingly Resilient" alone not to mention any shenangins with "Fleshy Abundance" from the Glotkin (though to be fair that might not be with the points. I assume the extra attack to all Nurgle balances it out though :P)

I digress however, OFFENCE! Where does out damage come from? Mortal wound procs? Pure statistics spam from Blight Kings attacks? Or do we just forego offence all together and focus on wars of attrition, outlasting our opponents? Thoughts?

I'd like to share my small Nurgle army as well. I opted for a bit more colourful Nurgle approach by using less "obvious" colours, without trying to lose that Nurgle look & feel we all love :)

The harbinger I converted from an old High Elf dragon prince I had lying around. He's the general and will go by the name of H'ard Nekkagh (Dutch people will understand ;))

6c7891b99dc0250f74ffe05bb7375ac1.jpg4b76b31957ace41c38686c1d04aca3ca.jpg47a9ff006d76bea3e8b23b1e22d90b24.jpgb4550e875c6c6b37dadd61eab813a4dc.jpg9366387efefe3c83e2bc9b2ac1950609.jpgbad08cdd877be9bdf1f404c86119929b.jpga05d15cd40326578d569be0bc0d0c7c5.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Scrags said:

Hey all!

So I'm still pretty mew to Nurgle in general but it seems like the Tally Band is kind of the end all, be all of Demons of Nurgle. I mean granted, its basically our ONLY formation. 

I was wondering though, what do we do offence wise? I mean we seem to have durability in the bag with "Disgustingly Resilient" alone not to mention any shenangins with "Fleshy Abundance" from the Glotkin (though to be fair that might not be with the points. I assume the extra attack to all Nurgle balances it out though :P)

I digress however, OFFENCE! Where does out damage come from? Mortal wound procs? Pure statistics spam from Blight Kings attacks? Or do we just forego offence all together and focus on wars of attrition, outlasting our opponents? Thoughts?

Check out plaguetouched it's a great battalion for 2k+games 

Great thread already, and timely as I am currently painting a Nurgle army... veerrry slooowwlly - about one Blight King a week! Concentrating on Rotbringers for the time being. They are called the Diviners of the Red Stench. I keep promising myself that I'll do a blog on them containing all the narrative but it's not materialised yet so here's some images for the time being. 

The many legged one is my Harbinger of Decay Scrofulox Neverspawn!

IMG_1711.JPG

IMG_1733.JPG

IMG_1744.JPG

IMG_1760.JPG

IMG_1777.JPG

IMG_1784.JPG

IMG_1779.JPG

4 hours ago, Tasman said:

Yes it is, but only for mortal builds.... as is the Blightguard, another awesome battalion choice.

So it sounds like there isn't much on the Daemons side of things? I feel like I hear Tally Band get thrown around a lot but it seems like that's all just more defense to me.

It is, as is plaguetouched. The offense comes from unut sizes.

Unit of 14 blightkings deals a mortal wound when attacked on a to wound roll of a 6. And you can still save that so they could end up hurting themselves more than you.

2 hours ago, Scrags said:

So it sounds like there isn't much on the Daemons side of things? I feel like I hear Tally Band get thrown around a lot but it seems like that's all just more defense to me.

True, they don't put out much damage, (demons), but they are built for taking and holding objectives. A tallyband with 2 GUOs is going to be very hard to dislodge from an objective. The real issue with Nurgle isn't the lack of rend, although that IS an issue, is the mostly slow moving troops. This can be somewhat alleviated with units of drones and of course, Sayl.

On 5/12/2017 at 8:35 PM, Scrags said:

Hey all!

Well nurgle's MO is resiliency.  A true anvil army. You cant be both hammer and anvil, unless your sylvaneth ;)

I kid, I kid. Drones and a prince is a pretty good combo. The drones dish out some mortal wounds. And the prince with a sword can add some rend and damage and wound saturation. Even better with a Glotkin giving +1 attack to all three of each drones attacks! But there isnt a LOT in the army that offers a massive knockout punch. Its a slow whittle of attrition and playing to objectives in the mission. 

@Hrudian Your army is beautiful! I LOVE the purple skin. VERY striking. Probably looks so ****** good on the tabletop. You should be very proud of that. Same with you, @Percivael!! I LOVE the magenta armor. It really POPS against the pallid skin. VERY eye catching. And that harbinger conversion is amazing!! I did very similar. Went with a harbinger/plaguedrone centaur type of monstrosity, using orghotts demonspew head and torso and fly body with some other maggoth lord pieces. 

8pAb5R8.jpg?1QxmTZLE.jpg?2

The first picture is the most up to date. I like to smaller toungue and maggoth lord maws (placed where the fly's head was). I have since added more to the torso giving him more of a bulbous gut. will post pictures later when more progress is done. LOVING this nurgle hobby jam session we have going.!!!!

@sal4m4nd3r Cheers! That's a great conversion - it's got a real sense of forward momentum! I can imagine it flying headlong into the enemy with a disturbing scream!

I think Nurgle miniatures particularly lend themselves to creative conversions, which of course makes them great fun. I think they could be better on the table but, I have high hopes of battletome in the not too distant future, with the Nurgle Beast thing that has been teased.

On 5/14/2017 at 1:36 PM, Arkiham said:

It is, as is plaguetouched. The offense comes from unut sizes.

Unit of 14 blightkings deals a mortal wound when attacked on a to wound roll of a 6. And you can still save that so they could end up hurting themselves more than you.

Makes me hope that AoS may get the 40k treatment with points so I can buy units of 7 instead of 10/15 and waste points.

Could MSU style armies be a thing fr daemon players? I was just thinking with lots of opportunities to roll battleshock tests surely?

Not sure how this rule translates into competitive matched play. As I know you need a summoning pool, would this contribute towards healing models back from the battleshock rolls?

2 hours ago, underdog6750 said:

Could MSU style armies be a thing fr daemon players? I was just thinking with lots of opportunities to roll battleshock tests surely?

Not sure how this rule translates into competitive matched play. As I know you need a summoning pool, would this contribute towards healing models back from the battleshock rolls?

restoring depleted units doesnt cost. 

summoning new ones does 

5 hours ago, Slave2Chaos said:

Makes me hope that AoS may get the 40k treatment with points so I can buy units of 7 instead of 10/15 and waste points.

I think you're spot on for what's on the horizon for AoS. I personally don't think it's a bad idea. Looks like there's gonna be a lot of rule shake ups coming down the pike.

Archived