Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

Thanks for the tips man. Tbh I'm not massively tied to Daemons or even Nurgle in general, but it just so happens that a have a fair few Nurgle Daemons painted for 40k already, so seemed like the perfect start! 

Im definitely swayed by a plagueclaw or two, and I've actually got a model in mind anyway. I could stick to the Tallyband and go from there...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tallyband with Epidemius is about as close as it gets to the backbone of a "pure" Nurgle force. 

Deathguard is on the horizon with the new edition of 40k and hopefully some generic Nurgle goodness will accompany them that can also be utalized in AoS. It could be just the driving force needed to get papa Nurgle his allegence book equivalent to Khorne and Tzeentch.

2 hours ago, Vomikron Noxis said:

Thoughts on this list please fellas:

The Glottkin (480) 

- General 

Great Unclean One (240) 

- Artefact: Crown of Conquest 

Daemon Prince Of Nurgle (160) 

-Wings 

-Sword

Epidemius (180) 

Battleline 

30 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (100) 

10 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (100) 

10 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (100) 

3 X Plague Drones of Nurgle (220)

3 X Plague Drones of Nurgle (220)

Total: 2000/2000

I'm tempted to reduce the plaguebearers to 20,10,10 to make it a Tallyband, but they really are much better at 30 (although is that offset by the resilience of the Tallyband... maybe...).

Drop epi,  the guy is useless sub 3k games.

The buff takes too long to build up and easily goes.

Take a plagueclaw catapult instead 

On 5/5/2017 at 4:48 AM, SimonL said:

Will be watching this with interest as I have just started collecting a Nurgle army. 

I have 2x Putrid Blightkings, Lord of Plagues and the Glotkin so far. I am hoping to stick with Mortal Nurgle to start. May be tempted to branch out into Deamons at a later time (funds permitting)

Quick question - If I add Chaos Warriors as 1 battleline does that break the Mortal, Nurgle that allows me to have Putrid Blightkings as battleline?  Was looking at Iradekhorne's list above he has 4 PBK and Chaos Warriors, but the Warriors are not battleline.  

Thanks

As long as you give the chaos warriors the mark of nurgle and not the mark of another ruinousmpower, then they keep your mortal nurgle allegiance and count as a battleline unit.

This is the mortal nurgle list I'm working on and taking to NOVA, unless I tweak it at all.

Leaders
Harbinger of Decay (140)
- General
- Trait: Great Destroyer
- Artefact: Chaos Talisman
Bloab Rotspawned (260)
The Glottkin (480)

Battleline
5 x Putrid Blightkings (180)
- Mortal Nurgle Battleline
30 x Chaos Marauders (180)
- Axes
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)
- Axes

Battalions
Plaguetouched Warband (140)

Total: 1980/2000

The large blob of marauders are 28 to gain the benefit of the grandfathers gift rule where they kick back mortals when enemy units roll a 6 to wound them. With fleshy abundance from glotkin and the 5+ save from the harbinger it is one of the best screens in the game! I just played a friend who buffed his skeletons to wound roll (so kicked back mortal wounds on a 5+) and charged into them. Ended up doing 22 mortal wounds to himself  from 90 attacks and only killed 9 marauders. (After fleshy abundance and the 5+ harbinger save)

Everything is -1 to hit, with potentially -2 with bloab. 

I keep going back and forth on the talisman for the harbinger's artifact or the crown of conquest to keep large blob of marauders from battleshock. 

I also cant decide if lord of war or great destroyer is better. I like lord of war but he is always outside of the 3" because he is hiding.. so he is safe. Mostly hide him behind glotkin ?. 

I just bought some plague toads, to me the extra points didn't seem worth it for the riders so diddnt bother buying them (my plaguedrones are magnetised for transporting) so I'm hoping they will be able to fit if I needed.

Can you explain why you think these guys are so good and how you would use them? Sorry I'm still very new to AoS

They've -1 when being shot at as standard.

The mounts attacks on a roll if a 6 do a other attack, which each model gets 2 of, add +1 to hit and this is now a 5, with 3 models doing 6 attacks in theory that's an additional 2 attacks,

8 total. 5 more than plague drones, add glottkin and tbat becomes 9 attacks with 3 extra in theory, so 12. 

They asked as good as drones, but they aren't bad. Good objective holders.

Yea to be honest they do seem better. I didn't realise they had cloud of flies (read the warscroll stupid) cant believe I missed it.

Is there any good way of giving these guys +1 wound? As the 4+ is a bit meh. The rancid flesh on a 4+ is brilliant so think I may prefer these guys to drones. May have to run a unit of both with a hero and see how much damage these guys can put out!

I'm not sure if flat out they're  better, they have different roles.

drones are more offensive due to the mortal wound output the frogs defensive with some offence making them better for low armour targets or objective holding etc.

1 hour ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Anybody ever use bile trolls?? I am tempted to run some behind lines of blightkings and just hose them with rending vomit then bash skulls with the blightkings. 

Yeah I have just finished kitbashing mine together. Do not care much for the FW Bile Trolls or price. However I bought them to go after Stormcast vanguard Hunters Longstrike Crosbows or other SE heroes and tough units. Mixed with Sayl they can really do some damage and attract a lot of attention. Have only used them a few times but is quite happy with them. However keep in mind that I don't do tournements and try not to power play (despite Sayl) so I have no clue how they do in Big Leagues..

6 hours ago, Arkiham said:

I used.. deathworld forest? Waaag green and castalen green I think, with the bel tan shade over it.. can't remember too well. 

I'll take a look at those colours.  I'm going to have a variety of colours and rely on the slime, gore and basing to tie everything together.  I've been collecting lists of paint combinations that people have used and will give most of them a try on a nurgling.  There are like almost 60 of them across the three bases.

While I originally was going to follow up my daemons with a Maggoth Lord box, I think it might need to be a Pestilens Skaven start collecting box instead.  I want to do a dark age of sigmar war band with the upcoming skirmish rules and nurgle skaven would be perfect for that.

1 hour ago, Nin Win said:

I'll take a look at those colours.  I'm going to have a variety of colours and rely on the slime, gore and basing to tie everything together.  I've been collecting lists of paint combinations that people have used and will give most of them a try on a nurgling.  There are like almost 60 of them across the three bases.

While I originally was going to follow up my daemons with a Maggoth Lord box, I think it might need to be a Pestilens Skaven start collecting box instead.  I want to do a dark age of sigmar war band with the upcoming skirmish rules and nurgle skaven would be perfect for that.

Tomorrow I'll post some pics of my Nurglings. Mine have a variety of different tones of red, purple, blue, green and brown. (aka Disco Nurglings)

On 7 May 2017 at 0:21 AM, sal4m4nd3r said:

As long as you give the chaos warriors the mark of nurgle and not the mark of another ruinousmpower, then they keep your mortal nurgle allegiance and count as a battleline unit.

Thanks for that clarification. I can now look at creating a list

2 hours ago, SimonL said:

Thanks for that clarification. I can now look at creating a list

Great! Post it here when your done. Another way to think about it is that as long as every warscroll in your army has BOTH the MORTAL and NURGLE keywords, regardless of any other keywords the warscrolls have, then your good. You obviously take the allegiance to Chaos for the battle trait, commadn abilities and artefacts, but you are also aligned with mortal nurgle so you can use those units as battleline. 

Yeah bile trolls are an intriguing unit! They shooting attack is awesome and super gross!! And I want them to work in my army.. but 200 point for mediocre shooting and mediocre combat is hard to justify. I Wish they had a terrible/no combat attack and got 2 shooting attacks a piece.

need help deciding on how to do the pustules and filth, was thinking of reversing the colors and doing purple on the green underbelly and green on the purple-tinted top, or i could keep it more standard and do yellow on the green section and red/pink/purple on the purple section. 

Thoughts appreciated. 

20170507_222226.jpg

20170507_222229.jpg

20170507_222235.jpg

20170507_222241.jpg

i done a yellow/waar green mix ( i think...) colour with the nurgles rot to cover it, to make them look infected. and a few blood blister looking things, im not amazing at painting but i felt i done ok.. ill have to show a pic tomorrow as phone is dead

RguDwbo.jpg
Did the test for an ochre nurgling skin tone.  I think I'm going to go with a variety of colours for my daemons.  How do you guys paint yours?  All pretty similar or loads of variety?

8cf92f4b41b3afbd684afdc835158a97.jpg

I paint mine in a variety of colors. IMO it enhances the perception of having a lot of small individual critters together. My thought is that it gives you more to "discover" on each base.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Archived