Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

6 hours ago, austinparisi42 said:

I need help with a list. Not trying to make it competitive since I am very new. I just want something fun based on the models I like, but I'd still like it to make sense. My favorite model is horticulus slimux so I'm trying to build around him.  This is the rough draft of the models I would like to play with. It says I only have 2/3 battlelines but I thought blight kings were a battleline as well.

HORTICULOUS SLIMUX (220)

GREAT UNCLEAN ONE (340)

20 X PLAGUEBEARERS (240)

10 X PLAGUEBEARERS (120)

3 X PLAGUE DRONES (200)

3 X PLAGUE DRONES (200)

2 X BEASTS OF NURGLE (200)

10 X PUTRID BLIGHTKINGS (320)

5 X PUTRID BLIGHTKINGS (160)

Personally I’d combine the pbs into a 30 man unit and the drones into a 6. Also guo would make a better general than slimux. The guo sticking close to and using his command ability on the drones would mean they have 13 attacks each a turn. 

List looks a fun! 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Riavan said:

Blight Kings are battleline for maggotkin of nurgle. The app is a bit messed up atm.

The app and the list builder online. I'm amazed GW still can't make one that works. How the hell they gonna do a working 40k one if they can't manage an AoS one after years?

2 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

The app and the list builder online. I'm amazed GW still can't make one that works. How the hell they gonna do a working 40k one if they can't manage an AoS one after years?

What's wrong with the online warscroll builder? I just checked it and it's showing Blight Kings as battleline if Nurgle allegiance is selected. Looks like they finally fixed the thing where it always counted any "battleline if" unit as battleline.

14 hours ago, bsharitt said:

What's wrong with the online warscroll builder? I just checked it and it's showing Blight Kings as battleline if Nurgle allegiance is selected. Looks like they finally fixed the thing where it always counted any "battleline if" unit as battleline.

Agreed. I do not have access to Azyr-builder through the AoS app, but the free Scrollbuilder.com works fine in this regard and counts Blightkings battleline correctly, based off of your Allegiance.

On 4/21/2018 at 6:11 AM, bsharitt said:

Not if you choose maggotkin of nurgle.  Does picking just Nurgle give you the right artifacts and abilities? I don't think it does in the app but haven't checked in a while.

On 19/04/2018 at 7:20 PM, peasant said:

Thats a Great idea Can You someter photos?

Ive tried to convert pox, but dont like The Result, Im Thinking of proxying gors as marauders do You think People Will complain?

Yeah will post some when home. 

I don't think so. As long as there was some nurgley additions. Like for like can be confusing. Rule of cool trumps all and they should be the same size. I wouldn't have  a problem with it and a nurgle based colour scheme would go a long way as well. 

6 hours ago, Riavan said:

Not if you choose maggotkin of nurgle.  Does picking just Nurgle give you the right artifacts and abilities? I don't think it does in the app but haven't checked in a while.

There are no 'Maggotkin of Nurgle' in the Scrollbuilder. You can pick units from Daemons of Nurgle and Nurgle Rotbringers, and you can take the Allegiance: Nurgle.

8 hours ago, Spiky Norman said:

There are no 'Maggotkin of Nurgle' in the Scrollbuilder. You can pick units from Daemons of Nurgle and Nurgle Rotbringers, and you can take the Allegiance: Nurgle.

There is in the app (azyr) and it doesn't let you choose from all the right units. Just double checked.

So does scroll builder under Nurgle have the right abilities for maggotkin?

Out of curiosity, with the new Deepkin being out now, what do people think of them as a matchup for Nurgle? 

The alpha striking potential of the deepkin looks pretty potent, and they look to have some pretty tasty assault units such as the Eidolons to combine with that. Seems to be a peculiar mix as a faction of fragile troops combined with super tanky monsters. At least we don't have to worry about their anti-shooting tech i guess! The Eidolon's of Mathalann look like a right handful however, as i'm not sure what in faction is going to deal with them effectively. 

My favorite type of find: models that have been abused on the battlefield, not yet ready to retire, and begging for a fresh coat of paint.   In this case, I found a stash of blightkings and Gutrot, bringing my painting queue up to a reasonable 1240 points (and enough to make my first 1K and 2K point army).   This project launches Thursday!

I'm assuming nowadays, the old metal GUO would no longer count as a GUO.   Is this correct?  I'm happy to borrow that great idea of splicing him with the extra fly in the LOA kit to make him a demon prince.  Or, if he's still a GUO, add another general option!

20 minutes ago, grungolah said:

My favorite type of find: models that have been abused on the battlefield, not yet ready to retire, and begging for a fresh coat of paint.   In this case, I found a stash of blightkings and Gutrot, bringing my painting queue up to a reasonable 1240 points (and enough to make my first 1K and 2K point army).   This project launches Thursday!

I'm assuming nowadays, the old metal GUO would no longer count as a GUO.   Is this correct?  I'm happy to borrow that great idea of splicing him with the extra fly in the LOA kit to make him a demon prince.  Or, if he's still a GUO, add another general option!

You can always use old models as thier current iterations. Thats a GW standard rule. Otherwise entire armies would be invalidated whenever a new sculpt comes out. 

31 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

You can always use old models as thier current iterations. Thats a GW standard rule. Otherwise entire armies would be invalidated whenever a new sculpt comes out. 

It answers the question if I can, but not if I should.  ;)  That new model is so much more than this little guy who can almost hide behind a Slimux!

I think I'll magnetize the wings and prepare him for the day he becomes a prince.  

13 hours ago, grungolah said:

Two ways I’ve seen the old guo models used... firstly putting the old one on a large enough base (the one I saw was turned into a circus master). You could perhaps add loads of nurglings carrying a bell/dagger or something.

Or give it some wings and use as a daemon prince. 

Morning all,

Quick question about the Blightking unit champions (Blightlords) if anyone has a second to answer. 

I’ve got 15 ready to build and was intending to run a unit of 10 and a unit of 5. How many Lords should I make? 3 just in case I ever want to run 3x5? If I only build 2, could I just declare another cool looking one as Lord of the 3rd unit of 5? 

Cheers. 

1 hour ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Morning all,

Quick question about the Blightking unit champions (Blightlords) if anyone has a second to answer. 

I’ve got 15 ready to build and was intending to run a unit of 10 and a unit of 5. How many Lords should I make? 3 just in case I ever want to run 3x5? If I only build 2, could I just declare another cool looking one as Lord of the 3rd unit of 5? 

Cheers. 

There are a lot of options on the Blightkings.  I personally will go for as much variety as possible, though it's much harder to paint.

1 hour ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Morning all,

Cheers. 

I would make all of them as different as possible, but with a thought to being able to reasonably pick out three banner/iconbearers and three musicians. There is only one banner in the box, but if you use the staff-with-3-spheres it can go for being a banner too I think. Plus if you have extra bits from Plaguebearers or Plague Drones you should be able to make the banner look different too. The musicians are fairly easy to differentiate as you can simply make sure that one of the "official musician" and two others have lots of bells on them.

The Lord can simply be pointed out as you set up, I think.

I'm in a 1k tournament this Saturday, thinking of running the list below. Each game is 3 rounds max, and the scenario will be chosen at random from the GH17. What does everyone think? Spells/artifacts may still change, I was picking them without access to the battletome so just went with the ones I remembered. Thank you!

Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
- General
- Command Trait : Pestilent Breath
- Artefact : The Witherstave
- Lore of Virulence : Sumptuous Pestilence

Sorcerer (120)
- Lore of Malignance : Gift of Contagion
- Lore of Foulness : Magnificent Buboes

Festus The Leechlord (140)
- Lore of Malignance : Rancid Visitations

Gutrot Spume (140)

20 x Plaguebearers (240)
20 x Plaguebearers (240)

10 minutes ago, Euphanism said:

I'm in a 1k tournament this Saturday, thinking of running the list below. Each game is 3 rounds max, and the scenario will be chosen at random from the GH17. What does everyone think? Spells/artifacts may still change, I was picking them without access to the battletome so just went with the ones I remembered. Thank you!

Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
- General
- Command Trait : Pestilent Breath
- Artefact : The Witherstave
- Lore of Virulence : Sumptuous Pestilence

Sorcerer (120)
- Lore of Malignance : Gift of Contagion

Festus The Leechlord (140)
- Lore of Malignance : Rancid Visitations

Gutrot Spume (140)

20 x Plaguebearers (240)
20 x Plaguebearers (240)

Gutrot really has no use here. He's primarily used to enter the board with a unit of BKs. This is a possible change off the top of my head. Not too many bodies, but it IS 1k after all.....

1k.pdf

11 minutes ago, Tasman said:

Gutrot really has no use here. He's primarily used to enter the board with a unit of BKs. This is a possible change off the top of my head. Not too many bodies, but it IS 1k after all.....

1k.pdf

Thats what I was thinking too, but he hits pretty hard and can tank a hero. Plus deploying him from the side at least gives me an option for not all coming from one direction...and I don't know what else to do with that 140 points.  Any suggestions?

Archived