Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

3 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

This is a known issue and there's no fix. I purchased longer rods to put into the stand. GW make longer ones for units like the Tau Commander, that should fit. It's very annoying!

Thanks. Couldn't find anyone talking about it. I'll have a look at gws store.

Edit. Couldn't find anything larger on the gw store that isn't like twenty times bigger? Any suggestions for bases or the tip things about 40-45mm?

I guess I could always just put the dude on a small rock or something...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Riavan said:

Thanks. Couldn't find anyone talking about it. I'll have a look at gws store.

Edit. Couldn't find anything larger on the gw store that isn't like twenty times bigger? Any suggestions for bases or the tip things about 40-45mm?

I guess I could always just put the dude on a small rock or something...

I'm using these, cutting off the little ball at the top. The drone sort of site on it and it isn't that solid, but i find that true of all the drones with any flight stand- it's too fiddly to glue in place and too unstable to just pop them on the top. Maybe some bluetact in the holes would help?

How is anyone dealing with staunch defenders?

i played a stormcast army and he daisy chained a wave that tied up most of my army with protectors with a 3+ save. Add on their 3” range in melee and I was helpless. 

10 protectors were able to stonewall 15 blightkings, Gutrot spume, 3 Nurglings, Bloab, and a chaos chariot. 

His 400 pts, my 1020pts

in 4 rounds of combat I lost Bloab, the Chariot, 7 Blightkings, and Gutrot had 1 wound left.

he lost 2 protectors I couldn’t eve get to his general, which was a dragon 6” behind his protectors.

How do I deal with that?

7 hours ago, Soldier of decay said:

i played a stormcast army and he daisy chained a wave that tied up most of my army with protectors with a 3+ save. Add on their 3” range in melee and I was helpless. 

10 protectors were able to stonewall 15 blightkings, Gutrot spume, 3 Nurglings, Bloab, and a chaos chariot. 

His 400 pts, my 1020pts

in 4 rounds of combat I lost Bloab, the Chariot, 7 Blightkings, and Gutrot had 1 wound left.

he lost 2 protectors I couldn’t eve get to his general, which was a dragon 6” behind his protectors.

How do I deal with that?

Favoured poxes, rustfang and curse of the leper. 

Add in some blight Lords/EGUO and that line of gold crumbles. 

30 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

epi isnt worth the points in his current rule set. the old one was better 

Thanks for The Advice and would Be Worth using Plague Claws at All un magottkin? In Theory They Carry formidable Fire Power.

12 hours ago, Soldier of decay said:

His 400 pts, my 1020pts

How do I deal with that?

even with a 3+ save, i don't understand how he could tie up all your army. Sheer volume of attacks should have been enough, it's only 30 wounds. Did you rolled that bad ?

I fought blightking and nurgle several time as a stormcast and a harbringer + blight cyst mean they just crush stormcast paladins. Drones, blightking and pusgoyles don't have any problem against a 3+ save, between blight cyst, blade of putrefaction, GUO command ability or the +1 to hit special terrain. The wheel can help you to snipe stormcast heroes (castellan are you top priority, as well as the general).

Just now, gottog said:

Hi. I wonder how the Cycle of Corruption works if both players play Nurgle allegiance. There can be only one stage at the moment of the game or two (selected/rolled by both players)?

Was faq'd I think

1 hour ago, gottog said:

Hi. I wonder how the Cycle of Corruption works if both players play Nurgle allegiance. There can be only one stage at the moment of the game or two (selected/rolled by both players)?

It says right on page 59 in the Battletome. "-This applies to all Nurgle armies"

34 minutes ago, Spiky Norman said:

It says right on page 59 in the Battletome. "-This applies to all Nurgle armies"

Yes, I know that effects works for all Nurgle units but I wonder how to use the CoC when both players use them. Change of a stage made by one player means that the other player stage is also changed (one stage per round) or they use two different stages in the same round?

41 minutes ago, gottog said:

Yes, I know that effects works for all Nurgle units but I wonder how to use the CoC when both players use them. Change of a stage made by one player means that the other player stage is also changed (one stage per round) or they use two different stages in the same round?

The stages of the wheel applies to all Nurgle armies. So there is only one wheel, which both can potentially manipulate.

Had an interesting game v Seraphon. Only my third with new battle tome.

He had a non compliant list for match play, but we played it out anyway. The scenario was Knife to the Heart.

Me: 

GUO with bell/blade [340]

General, Endless gift, Grandfathers Blessing

lore of virulence: glorious afflictions

Sorcerer [120]

muttergrub

lore of malignancy: blades

Lord of plagues [140]

Gutrot Spume [140]

Plague priest [80]

30 plagueboys [320]

5 kings [160]

5 kings [160]

10 kings [320]

Battalion: Plague cyst [220]

2000 pts

He: I'm unsure about what two battalions he used.

Starpriest general 

Engine of the gods 

10 chameleon skinks

20 skinks

20 skinks

9 ripperdactyls

2 bastilodons

I had first turn. It went down hill for him from there on.

I ran with everything except priest and 1 unit of 5 kings. These stayed by my objective.

Gutrot and 5 kings drop into his deployment zone 9" away from one bastilidon. Not much magic. Blades on big unit of kings and shield on them as well.

I fail charge on bastilodon.

End of my turn.

His turn one. 

Moves 2 units of skinks[!] in front of his objective to try to shield it. 

Flys 9 rippers and brings out the 10 chameleons on my unit of 5 kings holding my objective.

Between shooting and cc I lose one king. He loses 3 rippers.

He wins init for t 2

bastilodon charges other unit of kings w/ spume

shooting was ineffective, as was his magic.

He kills 2 kings with bastilodon. I finish off all but one ripper [1 wound left on one] & pile in on chameleons , killing 5.

His skinks do nothing to the kings.

Bastilodon dies to kings, spume puts on last wounds.:)

My half of turn 2.

Charge with everything. Buffed the big unit of kings with blades. Plague boys are also in on skinks. Pretty much everything he has left on the table dies here.... leaving me sitting on both objectives.

Game ends.

Synopsis: No real glory here. Played a rather inexperienced guy. I didn't really get any use out of the battalion or the extra artifact, so jury is still out on that.

In my defense, the only way I end up playing this guy with this list is that the opponent I thought I was playing ghosted.I feel kinda bad steamrolling him like this, but, he said he wanted to try something out. I don't know what that might have been. It was over too quickly for him to do much of anything. The mobility was great. The wheel gave me an extra 2" on turn one so my plaguboys moved a whopping 15" on turn one [6 rolled for run]. He was not prepared for how fast this force was.

MVP would have to be Spume along with his unit of 5 kings. Killed a bastilodon and engine of the gods in what was essentially 2 turns. Not bad.

I'm looking forward to further games because he was way too inexperienced an opponent for me.

52 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

Is there much use for Archaon in a Maggotkin army? I'm looking at him and I think I'd rather take Rotigus and a GUO for less points....

If you're talking sheer competitiveness, then no, I guess you leave him on the shelf. I've invested too much $ and time into that model to let it sit. I take it out occasionally for fun.:)

2 minutes ago, Tasman said:

If you're talking sheer competitiveness, then no, I guess you leave him on the shelf. I've invested too much $ and time into that model to let it sit. I take it out occasionally for fun.:)

Thought as much. I'm the same I've got my model that I've got to use with my Khorne and Tzeentch but the amount of time I've taken to paint it says he should be on the table every game haha.

I wrote this list but looking at it just screams not enough bodies on the table;

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Archaon (700)
Great Unclean One (340)
- Artefact: The Endless Gift
Harbinger of Decay (160)
Lord of Blights (140)

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
- Nurgle Battleline
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)