Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

45 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

You dont satisfy the requirements for tally band. And even if you did its a poor battalion.  Also you have literally no killing power. Get some drones!

Thank You Very Much, Ill Take Your Advice!, but in My Book It Says That I Need 1 Herald and 4-7 plaguebearers/drones, My Book is in Spanish (or spanglish) Mayer There s an error

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, peasant said:

Thank You Very Much, Ill Take Your Advice!, but in My Book It Says That I Need 1 Herald and 4-7 plaguebearers/drones, My Book is in Spanish (or spanglish) Mayer There s an error

Compaired to the english rules the list is legal. But strength could be a problem.

6 hours ago, peasant said:

Oh my! I'm so sorry for giving wrong information. I must have been confusing it with another battalion. Yes it is legal but you dont have any killing power. batallion points at 1000 is not very good. It sucks points from possible units. Maybe at 1000 you could do..

30 plagueboys - 320

10 plagueboys - 120

3 Drones - 200

Great unclean one.

Or you could not include the Great Unclean One, add in 3 more drones and a Poxbringer as the General! The other two heralds are not worth it. Spoilpox adds offensive buffs to a defensive unit. And Sloppity buffs nurglings and GUO's. So unless you are running a horde of nurglings and/or multiple GUO's he isnt worth it either. 

2 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Oh my! I'm so sorry for giving wrong information. I must have been confusing it with another battalion. Yes it is legal but you dont have any killing power. batallion points at 1000 is not very good. It sucks points from possible units. Maybe at 1000 you could do..

30 plagueboys - 320

10 plagueboys - 120

3 Drones - 200

Great unclean one.

Or you could not include the Great Unclean One, add in 3 more drones and a Poxbringer as the General! The other two heralds are not worth it. Spoilpox adds offensive buffs to a defensive unit. And Sloppity buffs nurglings and GUO's. So unless you are running a horde of nurglings and/or multiple GUO's he isnt worth it either. 

Great, I Have Models for that List, its My 1st Game and The DoT is an experienced player im Goin' to Take It Easy and Enjoy The Ride, Thanks!

Hello,
Can You help me ?  I will play several league on 1250 points (vanguard rules). In the first league I play Stormcast, but there are too many players of them in my local shop. So I buy Nurgle, I love appearance of miniatures.
I bought Starting Deamons of Nurgle, Putrid Blightkings, and Lord of Blights.
What to buy up to the 1250 points limit? sorcerer ? deamon prince? gutrot ? other ideas ?
Thank you for your help.

3 hours ago, Misque said:

Hello,
Can You help me ?  I will play several league on 1250 points (vanguard rules). In the first league I play Stormcast, but there are too many players of them in my local shop. So I buy Nurgle, I love appearance of miniatures.
I bought Starting Deamons of Nurgle, Putrid Blightkings, and Lord of Blights.
What to buy up to the 1250 points limit? sorcerer ? deamon prince? gutrot ? other ideas ?
Thank you for your help.

Try to get those plaguebois up to 30 ! they are a ROCK when there is a big group of them. Can hold objectives and tarpit dangerous units for your force. Gutrot has a great mechanic for our typically slow army. Ambushing gives you a multidimensional force. 

Gonna try this out next:

Allegiance: Nurgle
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing  
- Artefact: The Witherstave  
- Lore of Virulence: Sumptuous Pestilence
Rotigus (340)
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions
Daemon Prince of Nurgle (160)
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
6 x Plague Drones (400)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 140

Any thoughts?

11 hours ago, Injuryprone said:

Is it better to take a sorcerer and Festus or Bloab?

Doesnt it depend on points? The only reason to take sorcerer over festus is if you dont have the extra 20 points or want to give the Sorcerer an artifact. Bloab offers a devastatingly effective spell, with other abilties as well.. but costs 100+ points more then festus. 

1 hour ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Doesnt it depend on points? The only reason to take sorcerer over festus is if you dont have the extra 20 points or want to give the Sorcerer an artifact. Bloab offers a devastatingly effective spell, with other abilties as well.. but costs 100+ points more then festus. 

I think he meant Festus + Sorcerer vs Bloab - both options are 260 pts

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:36 AM, AaronWIlson said:

Hi guys! I'm currently town between Sylvaneth and Maggotkin of Nurgle. What are Maggotkins of Nurgle selling points? It's mainly a painting thing and there's soooo many cool things to paint in Maggotkin!

There are a range of differences. You have a much broader range of models with the Maggotkin, particularly as you can use the Slaves to Darkness range as well by utilizing the nurgle keyword. Clearly this gives you a broad range of army builds and different options. Sylvaneth have a much smaller range of models to work from. Gaming wise the Maggotkin offer a lot of different play styles from fast alpha strike to resilient blocks. Both armies utilize scenery in unique ways, however the Nurgle one is a lot more elegant. Both armies have a stunning centre piece model, although the Nurgle one is easier to paint! If you are considering tournaments at the moment Nurgle would probably give you more competitive options

I'm sure there are plenty of other differences, but hopefully this gives you a starting point

2 hours ago, Niedzwiedz said:

I think he meant Festus + Sorcerer vs Bloab - both options are 260 pts

Festus so far has been  a near auto-include for me.  His healing and awesome curse of the leper spell do it.  I think the maggoth lords are a bit overpriced - but I don't own any either.   

(FWIW - I think curse of the leper + Blight Cyst Bn on the target of the Blight Kings make them hit really hard - Turns 4+ save target into a 6+ save, no cover, etc). 

3 hours ago, calcysimon said:

I hope in a future with playable maggot lords. Right now each time I think at 260 points for 1 of them I cry

Bloab 1 spell >:(

Twice born nerfed at 1 model regen

Axeguy 1 damage on attacks ¬¬

I would rather see their warscrolls updated/buffed with points staying the same..but that won't happen as a new book was just released. Only thing we can hope for is price reduction but that's not a great balancing mechanism IMO

4 hours ago, calcysimon said:

I hope in a future with playable maggot lords. Right now each time I think at 260 points for 1 of them I cry

Bloab 1 spell >:(

Twice born nerfed at 1 model regen

Axeguy 1 damage on attacks ¬¬

1 hour ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

I would rather see their warscrolls updated/buffed with points staying the same..but that won't happen as a new book was just released. Only thing we can hope for is price reduction but that's not a great balancing mechanism IMO

I was hoping that the kit would turn into a generic Lord on mount style kit with options...

Outside of Bload they're pretty underwhelming for being these "great named char of legend" 

Morbidex could have at least had a "when general, Nurglings as battlleline" rule...

On 3/15/2018 at 6:12 AM, MacDuff said:

Tell us how it goes. My rot boys are about to hit the table top.

I Have Been obliterated by Turn 2, and Gave up. Insane shooting and Spells. We Played 1500 Points each. 

Its not any Fun Play Against an Army like that, not Fault of The Player That he even didnt Bring skyfires but What is The Point of Playing like that?

On March 13, 2018 at 3:00 PM, peasant said:

Great, I Have Models for that List, its My 1st Game and The DoT is an experienced player im Goin' to Take It Easy and Enjoy The Ride, Thanks!

It sounds like he wasn't experienced enough to pick a list to make the game mutually enjoyable.

2 hours ago, MacDuff said:

It sounds like he wasn't experienced enough to pick a list to make the game mutually enjoyable.

Well it was my 2nd game ever, maybe im still green, but I prefer more slow paced games, perhaps AoS is not 4 me.

28 minutes ago, peasant said:

Well it was my 2nd game ever, maybe im still green, but I prefer more slow paced games, perhaps AoS is not 4 me.

Hey man, I'm with you. It's a bit un-sporting of someone to bring a list that can finish your game by turn 2 when it's one of your first games. 

I can tell you that AoS is a great strategic, competitive game, but I think it's even better when you find someone who's cool to try a relaxed, fun game, instead of win at all costs. I wouldn't be disheartened by it. Just find another opponent.

13 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

Hey man, I'm with you. It's a bit un-sporting of someone to bring a list that can finish your game by turn 2 when it's one of your first games. 

I can tell you that AoS is a great strategic, competitive game, but I think it's even better when you find someone who's cool to try a relaxed, fun game, instead of win at all costs. I wouldn't be disheartened by it. Just find another opponent.

Thanks for for the reply I'll search for other players!

You got hit by any army with lots of special magic rules and tricksy ways to mess up another player, which is why things were flying around so much rule-wise. You faced a top tier army than even great vets have trouble beating. I'm sure somebody here can recommend a good army to face as you're learning. That might help guide your opponent search.

So I bought the Nurgle demons start collecting and have been painting my dudes up. One of the plague flies has it's stand hole in it's chest and doesn't seem to have a good position to sit at? It's like the flight stand needs to be a tiny bit longer? Have I done goofed? If the stand were like half a cm higher he would be more like the others in height and posture. 

Note the last pic is of me holding him up slightly so he is a bit higher. Also there is still the top bit on the flight stand. I didn't clip it off, it is just hard to see in the photos.

Hellllp

15214474254023979839878393673898.jpg

15214474509857769715433329957348.jpg

15214474895185481451400599670245.jpg

1 hour ago, Riavan said:

So I bought the Nurgle demons start collecting and have been painting my dudes up. One of the plague flies has it's stand hole in it's chest and doesn't seem to have a good position to sit at? It's like the flight stand needs to be a tiny bit longer? Have I done goofed? If the stand were like half a cm higher he would be more like the others in height and posture. 

Note the last pic is of me holding him up slightly so he is a bit higher. Also there is still the top bit on the flight stand. I didn't clip it off, it is just hard to see in the photos.

Hellllp

This is a known issue and there's no fix. I purchased longer rods to put into the stand. GW make longer ones for units like the Tau Commander, that should fit. It's very annoying!

Archived