The Painting Contract- May 2017

Mohojoe

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changed mine slightly in the end. I pledged primarily to build stuff this month and really chuffed with what I've achieved:

Balewind Vortex - Didn't buy this in the end, my Tzeentch are doing well enough already and I can do without further bad press!

6 Enlightened - These are all assembled and primed, I also painted 3 of themha7q6XJn23pRRBRriRMK4ZdTrNAGkw9QbvI0qoBc

30 Acolytes - Didn't quite get through these, I built 20 and then wanted to get my brush out so painted 10 of them.

32KVOXP8Mzsnq734dNbXQ_ySx07heXClUmBKbt9N

ADWYjQuss-HM8rC2lW7brhXke35s_XE2DlBfMtUl

Bonus: Wanted to get something different done after the Acolytes and I had to create another character for a 1.2k tournament locally so I also made:

Tzaangor Shaman

20 Tzaangor

Quite chuffed with what I've managed to get done over the month and now have a reasonably sized Tzeentch force with:

2 x Tzaaangor Shaman

Gaunt Summoner w. Familiars

Ogroid Thaumaturge

Magister

2 x 10 Acolytes

2 x 20 Tzaangor

6 Enlightened

3 Skyfires

My commitment was two frigates, three arkanaut companies and the Admiral. I didn't make it. I did get pretty close. The Frigates turned out great. I like the more blue one better but I simply couldn't pass up the opportunity to have a yellow submarine. They were more work than expected which delayed the start of the arkanauts. But they are completely blocked. Just need some shades, highlights and details, shouldn't take too long.

eed1827c319bd51dd7789b92f30a63ef.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...Just need some shades, highlights and details, shouldn't take too long.

I have typically found that the shading, hi-lights and details take as long or longer than the original blocking in ...

But they look really nice and clean from the picture!

You just need a ghost scientist digging for seashells...

And why isn't the sea green? I'm pretty sure that the sky was blue and sea green ;-)

I have typically found that the shading, hi-lights and details take as long or longer than the original blocking in ...

But they look really nice and clean from the picture!

You just need a ghost scientist digging for seashells...

And why isn't the sea green? I'm pretty sure that the sky was blue and sea green ;-)

It actually didn't take me too long to block the colors. About 1 week of ~1 hour a night. Getting the two boats completely done just delayed their start. I'm used to Space Marine vehicles and the details on the Frigates, needing to paint them disassembled, and the crew, left me completely underestimated.

Trust me, the Arkanaughts are a mess up close...

As for the water color I was going for a Sand Harbor look, which is a beach at Tahoe if that doesn't ring a bell, but tropical. I think it turned out pretty good in contrast with the Zilfin colors. The Arkanaughts are going to be running along the beach. I have no idea if it will turn out like my imagination but... full speed ahead!

Archived