I have a really bad idea

Gotrek

So I'm going to a tournament in a few months and feel like skeleton spam might be a little bland. So I have a different idea. Mono soul blight, what are your thoughts?

3x5 blood knights (battle line)

VLoZD (general, red fury tomb blade)

2 vampire lords (mounted. Spell support and deathless minion primarily)

500 summoning points (I don't own a mournghul so it'll mostly be skeletons and grave guard, maybe some banshees or a terrorgheist)

Vargheists really aren't bad. They're fast and hit pretty consistently, they're just squishy.

VLoAT is one of the better units in Soulblight. Even if he's getting nerfed and you pretty much have to convert something to make him, his spell is quite strong.

For summoning, always think of Cairn Wraith as an option, nice to put on 3 places of power.

Summoning - Zombie Dogs are also MVP of taking up a lot of space, being fast, and being annoying to kill while actually doing some damage (zombies do nothing)

The real issue is, do you already heave 15 Blood Knights? Because if not, I don't think you should invest the time & money into that, when there are other death options and probably some type of release in the near/far future.

Sorry if this derails the thread a bit I have a question about summoning in a soulblight list like the one Gotrek has posted;

I thought you might be restricted to summoning units of your subfaction type (soulblight), if you summon something which isn't soulblight, (eg skeletons) your army is no longer full soulblight, wouldn't the blood knights stop being battleline and your army "invalid" ?

sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

I really like the list Gotrek, soulblight is such a cool subfaction, it'd be great if GW fills out some of the smaller death factions

I thought that in order to make Blood Knights Battleline, you could only include Soulblight units in your army. Does summoning ignore that restriction?

For cheap Blood Knights, use HE Dragon Blades and just paint them red and black. They look surprisingly effective.

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/135389532517698734/

If you want to make them a bit more "deathy", use the old Von Carstein upgrade pack.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Von-Carstein-Upgrade-Pack?_requestid=5791623

I know I'm short by 1,000pts but I played a 1,000 point permadeath tourny and came in the middle  eanking, but I didn't lose a single unit over 3 games. They can be tough as nails, but the most important thing to remember... Retreat! hit hard, pull out, hit again with another unit, keep within range of a ruler of the night and you will be ridiculously hard to kill unless you get stuck in a grinder or get double turned. , retreat away, heal up a few guys and then come back to hit hard.

My idea for a 2,000 point list ( the three royal princes):

Vampire Lord on zombie dragon General, book relic for more debuffs or tomb blade for keeping this dude alive.

Vampire Lord on Abyssal Terror

Vampire Lord on Nightmare

5 Blood Knights

5 Blood knights

10 Blood knights

x3 fell bats

x3 fell bats

so, heavy on the heroes and with less than 30 models on the table, but this could be the dirtiest list I ever thought of. Turn one, uber charge the unit of ten blood knights with the zombie dragon's command trait buff, mystic shield and the abyssal terror movement before taking down one target through sheer weight of lance hits, possibly even holding one unit down as the other two charge in to hit the flanks. apply zombie dragon and abyssal terror as needed, keep the bats to screen other unit's charges to ensure your own, and hit the hard targets with repeated charges, then retreats and then more charges.

it's hard, it's heavy, and it's brutal as can be.

On 4/29/2017 at 2:17 AM, Gotrek said:

So I'm going to a tournament in a few months...

500 summoning points (I don't own a mournghul so it'll mostly be skeletons and grave guard, maybe some banshees or a terrorgheist)

You might want to check the tournament rules. A lot will say that you have to use the most up to date warscrolls available which means the FEC terrorgheist overwrites the old GA:D one and aren't available to summon. Wouldn't want you to turn up on the day without another option if by chance you choose to go with that!

11 hours ago, varyn said:

Sorry if this derails the thread a bit I have a question about summoning in a soulblight list like the one Gotrek has posted;

I thought you might be restricted to summoning units of your subfaction type (soulblight), if you summon something which isn't soulblight, (eg skeletons) your army is no longer full soulblight, wouldn't the blood knights stop being battleline and your army "invalid" ?

sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

I really like the list Gotrek, soulblight is such a cool subfaction, it'd be great if GW fills out some of the smaller death factions

Summoning is unrestricted and you can summon anything you want as long as some one knows the spell to do it, and as all death wizards know all the death summoning spells than you can summon them. It can even be used to take you passed leader or behemoth caps. 

Archived