My Khorne

Liath

After years of playing the goodies, then the not quite so bad Tomb Kings I've started off a Khorne (maybe to develop into a chaos army). Here's my starter box...

I'm not happy with the snow flock... I was going fore pure snow but I suspect a rebasing is in order!

IMG_6835.JPG

IMG_6839.JPG

4 hours ago, Killax said:

The paintjob looks fantastic! I agree with you on the basing, I suggest using baking soda :) 

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm disappointed with the bases... I was thinking windswept snow. I had hoped that pure white would allow me to do all different sorts of deamons in different colours.

I've played with some of the technical paints from GW... I'm actually thinking of going more down the lines of my desert stormcasts now.

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_5416.JPG

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Render said:

Looking good! I like the idea of the Herald on foot. I'm considering picking up the bits for him and doing the same.

Thanks!

I hate wasting bitz so I was determined to do something with him. He's at a rather awkward angle (because he's no standing on his throne) so I used some of the arcane ruins to help him stand up.

the next problem was what to do with the arm which would hold the juggernaut.

My original idea was to have him swinging a mace but it seems to have turned out like a huge collar. Now we've pretty much decided he's walking an enormous invisible deamon with a chain around its ankle!

IMG_7893.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Davariel said:

Really nice work! I especially like the dark iron look of your armour, very gritty and sinister compared to the usual candy red :)

Thanks very much, I've never been a fan of the rather over the top red armour and I found the dirty iron so easy to do. Just a little Leadbelcher, some Retributor armour for the highlights and then a liberal coat of Typhus Corrosion.

I'm seriously tempted to start collecting Necrons just so I can paint a thousand models in 10 minutes flat!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, BasetheRuin said:

Looks promising mate! Maybe you could try to take some close-ups with more lighting so we can appreciate your work better? Keep it up!

Yeah, I need to get my good camera out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived