SCGT Rankings and top three lists

shinros

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Beau said:

Well 7/20 of those were Stormcast. 

I don't hate Stormcast because they're good, I hate them because they're ugly.

I bought them because I love their looks though... :/ Guess it's the eye of the beholder thing. Painted them all to hallowed knights' scheme. Can't stand the all gold scheme.

11 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

*Tzeentch needs balance.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Not sure I agree with that as all three lists has very good shooting but very strong combat elements to it as well. Even if shooting was limited (say in a scenario which has a gale going on), these lists would still be very good.

Anyway, I'm surprised nobody is going on how a certain website forum owner left behind his loaned army and terrain at the venue ;) 

What I mean is, sure the skyfires need turning down but so much of the Tzeentch book is competitively worthless. Ergo, balance. Don't just nerf the skyfires, then dot will drop. Also, the top list doesn't use Tzeentch combat.

6 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

What I mean is, sure the skyfires need turning down but so much of the Tzeentch book is competitively worthless. Ergo, balance. Don't just nerf the skyfires, then dot will drop. Also, the top list doesn't use Tzeentch combat.

I think the issue is that skyfires are good at shooting and pretty handy in combat too. If you nerfed their combat ability then combined arms tzeentch lists that take tzaangor or some other combat (tzeentch marked chaos warriors etc) would still be viable. The real problem is being able to take them in a mixed order list and use them as shooting, but then have them go toe to toe with combat units and still do ok. 

Most of the armies on the top ten tables were shooting lists, mostly Tzeentch or Kunning Ruks.  Most of the games finished in under an hour.  SCGT was a great AoS tournament from about table twenty downwards.  Above that they all seemed to be playing 40K.

4 hours ago, Beau said:

Well 7/20 of those were Stormcast. 

I don't hate Stormcast because they're good, I hate them because they're ugly.

Hi - I can certainly tell you this is not correct. 4th was Seraphon, 8th was Mixed Order shooting - Hurricanum/Hellblasters, and at least two others were Sylvaneth. I don't know for sure any of them were Stormcast.

1 hour ago, Fungrim said:

Still think 10 Bloodletters for 100 points is madness

I think that 10 for 100 are no issue, it's more that after the 20+ they still come at the same price and become significantly better :) 
* It's very difficult to put a price on synergy, except when the unit synergizes with itself ;) 

SCGT does have some nice House-rules however, I hope that a lot of them will be included in Matched Play for the upcomming Generals Handbook. Granted they still might want to do something 'bout dis

Shoot.jpg 

Archived