1000 points escalation list

seanafly

Hi all!

Over the next few months some friends and I thought a good idea to get some armies painted was to have a battle at the end of each month, month 1 - 1000 points, and add 500 points per month until probably 2000 or 2500.

My assembled but unpainted 2k list looks like this;

Ghoul King of Terrorgeist
Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon
Vargulf Courtier
9 Crypt Horrors

'Ghoul Patrol'
Ghast Courtier & 20/10/10 ghouls

1960 points

Using roughly these models (could use the Crypt Haunter as a Haunter Courtier, take Ghoul Kings off dragons and put on foot) what would be a good 1k list to get painting up? I also have a unit of Crypt Flayers if that helps.

I've been leaning towards 

Crypt Haunter Courtier - General
Vargulf Courtier
Ghoul King
6 Crypt Horrors
20 Ghouls

This leaves me 140 points for 10 more ghouls, 3 more horrors, another haunter/infernal courtier... etc

Thoughts? What do you guys find work as good 1k lists?

• 2 months later...

I am by no means an expert at AoS but I've been doing some research into Flesh Eater Courts because that is also where I would like to start building my army. 

Honestly looks really solid, I personally would go for the 10 ghouls in order to make a unit of 30 ghouls. At 20 ghouls you get the bonus attack but after only one ghoul dying it's gone so 30 is the way to go.

If you feel like you aren't covering objectives enough I would split your 20 ghouls into units of 10 and get another 3 horrors, horrors are a really strong unit especially with all the buffs your heroes can offer. Necromancer would also be a nice choice as their buff is really strong and will work on both crypt horrors and ghouls so it's up to you.

Good luck and I hope your list works out for you, let me know how it goes!

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up going for this list after liking a similar one by canhammerdan I believe his name was

Ghoul King on Terrorgeist

Vargulf Courtier

Necromancer

3x 10 Zombies

9 Crypt Horrors

6 Crypt Horrors

Mourngul

it's going really well so far! I wanted bulk horrors and like you said with a necromancer is awesome. 

Archived