Age of the Silver Hinterlands

Hey all, I thought I'd create a diary-type-thing to collect all of my painting and modelling for AoS, Silver Tower and Hinterlands in one place (it's fun to share!). There'll probably be some terrain projects later too. I find it hard to concentrate on one thing for very long and tend to jump between projects a lot, so there will be a pretty eclectic mix.

I'll start with my AoS28 Eclipse entry, the Witchsmeller Accusant, who will also be the leader of my first Hinterlands warband. I've just started painting him but I thought conversion enthusiasts might like to see some of the earlier stages. There's still time to enter this competition BTW (it ends on 16th May), so if you enjoy converting models you should definitely get involved.

Witchsmeller Accusant 1.jpg

Witchsmeller Accusant 2.jpg

Witchsmeller Accusant 6.jpg

Witchsmeller Accusant 7.jpg

On 4/22/2017 at 11:24 PM, Uruk_Guy said:

That's a great looking conversion!  I never would have thought of a flesh eater witch hunter.  The hobby horse and big ol' schnoz are perfect.  What did you use for his hat?  Can't wait to see how you paint him.

On 4/24/2017 at 7:23 AM, Redmanphill said:

Very nice conversion

Thanks! He's kind of the opposite of a witch-hunter - a horrible monster that hunts priests and healers, but is completely deluded into thinking that this is righteous work. Like all flesh-eaters he thinks he's the good guy! The hat is a Khorne Juggernaut head plate with a Skullreaper weapon filed down and stuck on top - I thought it reflected the style of hat work by Nagash, Arkhan and Neferata quite well.

I'm painting him at the moment and should hopefully have him finished by the end of the week.

Made some progress painting the Witchsmeller. I'm trying something a bit different and attempting the 'Blanchitsu' look - finding that a combination of stippling, drybrushing and washes helps to give the model that grubby, brooding look. I'm quite pleased with the results for such a simple method (good colour palette selection helps I think).

Also included a shot of the whole warband that I plan to use for Hinterlands. These guys were started long before I had the idea for the Witchsmeller, so I'll need to tweak my painting approach on them a bit to bring them in line with his look.

Witchsmeller Accusant 9.jpg

Witchsmeller Accusant 10.jpg

Witchsmeller Accusant 11.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The Witchsmeller Accusant is complete! Beware, those who would question the beauty, love and wisdom of Nagash!

591895be0336c_WitchsmellerAccusant12.jpg.632d54e8c1a6624176ff5d025ded4289.jpg

591895ccb2449_WitchsmellerAccusant13.jpg.2451e5ab18241f03d9cebda6f0b8958c.jpg

591895d766d3f_WitchsmellerAccusant16.jpg.d6681896ab7745eb84d17b4c8fdb6144.jpg

12 hours ago, bottle said:

It looks fantastic mate! Once the rest of the warband is painted up we should get some games in together over at Firestorm! :D 

Thanks! Yeah, I'd love to get a game in. Working on his minions right now, although naughtily I've already played 2 games with the part-painted warband.

16 hours ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

The Witchsmeller Accusant is complete! Beware, those who would question the beauty, love and wisdom of Nagash!

591895be0336c_WitchsmellerAccusant12.jpg.632d54e8c1a6624176ff5d025ded4289.jpg

591895ccb2449_WitchsmellerAccusant13.jpg.2451e5ab18241f03d9cebda6f0b8958c.jpg

591895d766d3f_WitchsmellerAccusant16.jpg.d6681896ab7745eb84d17b4c8fdb6144.jpg

this looks really cool man. Love the horse head on the stake. 

The darker / gritty scheme looks great and the bases are a awesome as well.

• 1 month later...

Finally, an update! I randomly painted Slambo! Both he and his base are painted very much in the style of the first multi-part Chaos Warriors kit I painted circa 1995. My skills have progressed a teensy bit since then.

2017-07-08_14.33.08.jpg

Archived