[Cards] for Blades of Khorne

Killax

1 hour ago, Lysandestolpe said:

I will probably size a file in photoshop and allign them with precision so that you can take a straightedge and just slide a xactoblade through the cards to separate them. I'll upload the file here when I'm done. :)

Can you let me know the details? Just so I can do the same with my DoT spells.

46 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

Can you let me know the details? Just so I can do the same with my DoT spells.

of course! I'll have to make sure I can get around to it right now. Graduating BFA in 20 days.. lots of paintings need finishing touches.  :)

I'll let you know as soon as I have done it.

Alright Boys and Girls.

The two files are for the Slaughterpriest Prayers and for the Blood Tithe. Took me like 30 min all and all so pretty quick transition. Thanks to the easy to use files.

Slaughterpriest Prayers Flat.pdf

Blood Tithe Cards Flat.pdf

Checking to see if it works to just upload them like this...

... and they work. Ok, cool.

Stats:

300 DPI (correct size for printing)

PDF for easy printing on any printer.

Each card is Magic size: 2.49" x 3.48 and fitted for a quick slice with a straight edge. I hope that makes it easy for everyone and thanks again to @Killax and @Gilby for creating these awesome looking cards.

@Soulsmith you can either PM and send me the cards you want assembled the same way, or you can write in your own thread, PM me, etc for instructions on how to do it. You need Photoshop. 

Edited by Lysandestolpe
  • Like 3

[mention=756]Soulsmith[/mention] you can either PM and send me the cards you want assembled the same way, or you can write in your own thread, PM me, etc for instructions on how to do it. You need Photoshop. 

Will do buddy, planning on getting them all done over the weekend or Monday.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ah those Warscroll-Unit cards seem cool aswell, granted I think that GW´s format might be a little too different from Wizards to really convert the same principles well into another game. If they where to do it the circular Warscroll characteristics could end up in the bottem left space, leaving enough room for non gradual wound system attacks in the bottem right.... Overall though GW´s format works well for units I´d say. 

Colours in regards to Bloodbound and Daemons of Khorne in my opinion would be Red, Black and White. We have more healing options as ever and with models like the Mighty Lord of Khorne we can even remove models. In general though I think Red fits best because the artworks and characters are overall largely displayed with red tones. This makes them blend in well automatically with red tones :P 

@Aspirant Snaeper

This could be a direct copy of Games Workshop's profiles into MtG (for as far as the website allows it to truely customize, I wouldn't ever reproduce this format for Warscrolls on cardgame sized cards)

1492851262768973.png?t=301624

Some keynotes are that ideally the name always is incorporated into the Keywords (so you have room left for more Keywords)
- Unit size is ideal to display after that, cost of the actual unit (per that size) could even be incorporated in the bottem of the card.
- As above, ideally the characteristic circle is used for the bottom left or right.
- Attack profiles are ideally bolded but I don't dislike the [] set up.
- Abilities would have to be covered on one page in terms of what they do, as the card never will allow for that much text whilst including artwork on it.

Cheers,

6 hours ago, Gilby said:

Something like this?

SiqWkKY.png

Exchange "land" for "point" and I think it does it! Can you make 8 Cards with the symbol getting smaller and Increasing in number properly? That way one could simply place the correct card on top of the other (not counting cumulative that is). If so I can create a PDF file like the other.

perhaps that's tricky to do on that website. 

@GilbyVery cool Blood Tithe point cards, the tagname can be easily removed from that card if you want it, on the other hand I guess you could also cut out a copy of the table, print and laminate it and have a token go from up to down with the gathering of Blood Tithe points.

In any case, the table seperate:

Blood_Tithe.jpg 

Use it als you please, as with the cards the intend never is to sell these, only to be creative and have a functional purpose for Blades of Khorne armies :) 

And one with a sketched up red border.

Blood_Tithe.jpg

Cheers,

Edited by Killax

Because of popular demand on the Blades of Khorne Facebook page I decided to give the Blood Tithe Rewards a go aswell.

The set up of the card is a little bit different but it basically allows for a nice reminder on the card, obviously the physical card itself can act as a Blood Tithe Point aswell. You could even consider printing them on a Khorne image on the card back...

Bloody_Exemplar.pngSpelleater_Curse.pngMurderlust.pngCrimson_Rain.pngApoplectic_Frenzy.pngBrass_Skull_Meteor.pngRelentless_Fury.pngBlood_Pact.png

In any case, since we're working on them anyway I think it's a cool idea to follow up with Mortal, Daemonic and Bloodbound Artefacts. 
It's likely I'll throw in another few versions of Blood Pact later on. I'm thinking about doing a Skarbrand and Archaon version :)
Hope you guys like them. 

Cheers,

Edited by Killax
  • Like 2