First demo of AoS28 tonight and....

Eric J

Old time Mordheim player excited to step into AoS 28 and run a campaign. Tonight several of us are playing for the very first time, though we are AoS players. I want to start off with Death and plan on fielding a TK warband. Not really having any feel for the game yet, can anyone recommend heroes? I'm thinking King or Necrotect or perhaps both but don't want to overkill. I'll fill in with rank and file.

Hope this is the right place for this post and any help is appreciated....

Eric J

Even though you're playing warband-sized narrative games (and so in a sense you're posting in the right place), your question is really about list building and unit effectiveness so you'll have much more luck posting this in the Death sub-forum. Not all of the responses you get will be relevant to warband-sized games, but it's a good place to start.

What system are you using BTW? Standard AoS rules? Mordheim? Hinterlands?

We're trying Hinterlands and while it was fun there are questions about game play eg; Does combat still work the same as in AoS? If I charge with three models on a single enemy model do I then attack with one model, then my opponent attacks back choosing which of my models to attack then I continue to attack with my other models?

Eric J

There's a sticky thread specifically for Hinterlands here - the author posts there a lot so it's a good place to ask gameplay questions.

I'm planning to have my first game of Hinterlands soon, so I'm no expert but I have studied the rules. Regarding your question, the rules state that each model is treated as a separate unit. There's nothing in the rules to indicate that this is suspended during combat. So each model fights as a separate unit - the way you've interpreted it in your post is correct.

Archived