The Carnival of Excess: A Slaanesh Project.

The Carnival of Excess

Hey everyone here's the start of my first army for age of sigmar.
I plan to do a highly converted army based around the theme of a carnival of chaos. Using a mix of dark eldar parts, harlequins and general deamon parts, i'll be making an army of mad jesters and creatures.

Below is my first character, Onna my herald of slaanesh

Onna1.jpg

Onna2.jpg

8 hours ago, AGPO said:

Lovely model! If I had one piece of advice it would be to add some more Slaaneshi symbols to counteract the crescent moons which are strongly linked to Teclis.

Thanks, the idea for the army is that they appear to be an aelf carnival. So there wont be a lot of chaos symbols on them. 

3 hours ago, TheMadJester said:

Thanks, the idea for the army is that they appear to be an aelf carnival. So there wont be a lot of chaos symbols on them. 

You should also copy your backstory here. Really ties it together. 

The Plan.

So to go along with the army i'm going to be using certain characters and squad leaders for my dark age of sigmar warband.
my warband will consist of:
A chaos lord.
A herald of Slaanesh
a chaos warrior
2 daemonettes
and a seeker of slaanesh.

I feel this is a good mix of leaders and normal troops and will provide a lot of opportunity for conversions.

Work in Progress Keeper of Secrets

Here's my work in progress keeper of secrets for the carnival of chaos. I want it to look like a mix of demon and a clockwork toy. still need to get a lot more parts to make it more demon and less machine. what do you guys think so far?

DemonPrince1.jpg

DemonPrince2.jpg

You're going to make me start a Slaanesh army... -.-

Lookin' really neat.

It does look a little machiney, but if you are planning on having a Soul Grinder or some other stuff that has that machiney look then it shouldn't look out of place. 

Either way, really cool ideas!

Goodluck!

You're going to make me start a Slaanesh army... -.-

Lookin' really neat.

It does look a little machiney, but if you are planning on having a Soul Grinder or some other stuff that has that machiney look then it shouldn't look out of place. 

Either way, really cool ideas!

Goodluck!

Thanks, I've since removed the pipes on the back and now just waiting for some parts that will make it look more clockwork/ puppet like. 

The First Troupe

Here's the first members of my daemonetts squad. I've never liked the normal daemonetts and I didn't feel that they fit the theme well.

I wanted these to not appear so chaos as lore wise they appear as just a normal carnival and over time corrupt the town/ city they've appeared in. I felt making them look like aelfs made sense since slannesh and the aelfs have always had a close relation, especially now in age of sigmar.

leader1.jpg

leader2.jpg

nett1.jpg

The Puppet

Known as the puppet he was once a prince who became corrupted by the carnival of excess. His soul was taken away from his mortal form and input into one of metal and bone. He feels only pain, his new form stops from him from feeling pleasures, his thirst powers him. He believes that only slannesh itself can quench his thirst and follows the carnival in the hopes of finding the prince of chaos.

ThePuppet1.jpg

ThePuppet2.jpg

Cirque:

Star of the Masquerade, Lead dancer of the Carnival of Excess.
 The Star of the Masquerades mastery of performance and magic allows him to intoxicate his viewers, they become obsessed with his very movements, forever thirsting to see him perform again. When carnival leaves towns they are left in chaos striving to see his troupes performance once more, never able to filled that thirst.

When he returns those left swarm to him, only for them to be put to Cirques blades. Their very souls ripped from their bodies to later be fed to the Mistress of the Carnival and her children.

Hey guys here's my completed version of the Masque, what do you guys think? I wanted him to stand a lot from the rest of the army as he is meant to be a main attraction.

Masque1.jpg

Masque2.jpg

Masque3.jpg

Masque4.jpg

Zexdiel: Grand seeker of the Carnival of Excess.

A cruel and mischievous daemon. His troupes purpose within the carnival is not performance and corruption but the hunting of those who can sense the corruption of chaos or those who try to escape and warn other towns.
Zexdiel will play with his prey, slowly breaking them mentally and physically, the more pain the merrier.

Hey guys here's the leader for my seeker squad, I loved how this guy has turned out.

Seeker1.jpg

Seeker2.jpg

Seeker3.jpg

On 02/05/2017 at 8:54 PM, The Traitor said:

Awesome thread, the theme is very cool. My favourite conversion ought to be The Puppet, but I like a lot everything you've done so far!

Thanks :) Nice to see you join AOS, followed the sons of malal for a while on bolter on chainsword while I was working on my Ashen Crows. Decided to use this project as a break from my missing legion project.

1 hour ago, TheMadJester said:

Thanks :) Nice to see you join AOS, followed the sons of malal for a while on bolter on chainsword while I was working on my Ashen Crows. Decided to use this project as a break from my missing legion project.

Can't believe you're the Ashen Crow! What a coincidence! Well I really like your armies man, your AoS force may be even more awesome than your 30k legion :P! I'm also taking a little break from my Harvesters of Souls, missing legions surely take a lot of energy ;)...

26 minutes ago, The Traitor said:

Can't believe you're the Ashen Crow! What a coincidence! Well I really like your armies man, your AoS force may be even more awesome than your 30k legion :P! I'm also taking a little break from my Harvesters of Souls, missing legions surely take a lot of energy ;)...

Yep haha. after about 7 months on the Ashen Crows and a year and a half on space marines I wanted to do something completely different. Thats why I've been inactive on bolter and chainsword for a while.

Great work to be sure, and very creative too! It requires lots of parts from the dark eldar and harlequins, so not all can so easily do it, but when you do have them... Looks really Slaaneshi! And the most I like your Herald, the mistweaver saih is one of the greatest elvish models out there and it seems she fits in your ideas just perfect!

Archived