Death stories from Black Library - recommendations

Ell

The only death novels so far is the audio drama series or the mortarch of night book I recommend the audio drama version it's really good and lord of undeath. Overall I actually think both of them were the best realm gate novels overall in my opinion. 

Mortarch of Night focuses somewhat on Mannfred (as you might expect).

Another vote here for Lord of Undeath, excellent novel.

If you want a pretty gruesome Death novel from the Old World, try the Red Duke by the master CL Werner.

Many thanks all

The Old World stuff... how important is it if I want to be clued in, in particular with the Mortarchs?

Are the Mortarchs the same characters now as they were in the Old World?

Unless im mistaken, it relates a lot to the Tomb Kings, which don't really play a part anymore...?

39 minutes ago, Ell said:

Many thanks all

The Old World stuff... how important is it if I want to be clued in, in particular with the Mortarchs?

Are the Mortarchs the same characters now as they were in the Old World?

Unless im mistaken, it relates a lot to the Tomb Kings, which don't really play a part anymore...?

I don't think it matters that much, although the Mortarchs appear to be the same now as they were then.  I was unclear after reading Mortarch of Night just how much Mannfred remembers.  Neferata clearly remembers some things.  Her kingdom in Lord of Undeath is Nulahmia.  The stories actually don't have anything to do with Tomb Kings, except for the occasional vague mention of decoration or other description.

I would just read them bc they are good stories about Undead in general. 

Archived