Slaanesh Daemonettes

High Warden

Hey all, 

With the rest of the daemon troop currently being on 32mm do you think it is a good idea to base daemonettes on 32mm bases as well? Instead of the stock 25's they come with.  Also does the masque count as a herald or just a unique hero in terms of the host of Slaanesh battalion?

Ta,

4 hours ago, Tasman said:

All my demon Battle lines are on 25mm. It's what they still come with in the box....

Actually bloodletters and pinks come in 32's when ch is why I'm annoyed if I need to rebase and many tournament are requiring that like the SCGT

Sure but are they in stores yet? That was implied in my comment. Old boxes 25mm new boxes 32mm. So both are acceptable. Bloodletters should go on 25s. Same for deamonettes for maximum damage. Plaguebearers should go ok 32s for maximum board control. 

Mine are staying on 25's. I don't play tournaments, just in more relaxed settings.  The original rules stated that "bases don't matter". We were told that there was no need to even get rid of the square bases.... 

Maybe when I have a LOT of spare time, but for now, my opponents don't care and neither do I.

37 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Sure but are they in stores yet? That was implied in my comment. Old boxes 25mm new boxes 32mm. So both are acceptable. Bloodletters should go on 25s. Same for deamonettes for maximum damage. Plaguebearers should go ok 32s for maximum board control. 

That's modelling for advantage.

I can understand arguing letter on 25s since until last week they were provided like that, but putting plaguebearers on 32s when u were just arguing they base they are provided with? Plaguebearers have never been provided in 32s so that's straight out cheating. For that matter place them in 50mm

When I get around to rebasing my daemonettes  currently on squares, they will be going onto 32mm, like all the other lesser daemons.  If GW released a box of them in the new packaging with 25mm I would (1) be quite surprised at the inconsistency and (2) likely ignore it and keep my own army consistent anyway.

7 hours ago, BrAiKo said:

When I get around to rebasing my daemonettes  currently on squares, they will be going onto 32mm, like all the other lesser daemons.  If GW released a box of them in the new packaging with 25mm I would (1) be quite surprised at the inconsistency and (2) likely ignore it and keep my own army consistent anyway.

That consistency is what I'm talking about.... since I already have all these lesser demons on 25s, I'm keeping them that way, and, if in the future more are added, I'll be purchasing 25s for them as well.

I think it's more save to asssume that they too will be on 32mm bases sooner or later.

Nobody is forcing anyone to rebase, if you have a ton on 25mm I wouldnt be bothered by it. If your just starting Slaanesh I think it's a smart move to put them on 32.

Right.. its not confusing at all. Lesser demons are on 25mm bases. When re-boxed they are being put on 32mm bases (Bloodletters, and plaguebeaers) so its safe to assume the same with deamonettes. But having letters and girls on 25mm is more advantageous and having PB on 32 is more advantageous during a game. Its not modeeling for advantage but just optimizing the several choices GW has given. 

21 hours ago, Tasman said:

All my demons on 25mm will be staying that way.... I see no reason to go through all that bull $**t for the sake of some TO. Especially as I have never, nor do I plan on, participated in an organized tournament.

While I fully concur regarding TOs I rebased my Gors and put them on 32.  However I'm building up the bases and I do quite like it.  Granted we house-rule that Gors, Dryads, etc are 25 mm so the reach still works.  All of this is for making each model look like it's on a little diorama or a base where you get a better sense than just, sand and brown.

21 hours ago, Oppenheimer said:

The made to order old school ones came with 25" rounds.

That is true.  

Bloodletters were re-boxed a long while back  and were put on 32mm.  I'm not talking about the SC box either, their standard box of 10 was packaged with 32mm when I got mine last year around this time.  If you aren't doing organized play then really what you put your daemons on is between you and who you play with and no one else.

If you play by pure vanilla GW rules then it doesn't matter as you can stack models on top of each other. If you aren't then you have to have set sizes for bases otherwise all sorts of bullshit happens. It is better to get on board with that sooner rather than later. There's a list on this site somewhere for suggested sizes I think? Otherwise what's to stop me putting a lead weight in Skarbrand's foot and having him standing on his tip-toe on a 25mm base? Or having bases that are just 6ft wide sticks on something with flying that damages every unit it flies over that sweeps forward across the battlefield touching everything?

14 minutes ago, Gilby said:

If you play by pure vanilla GW rules then it doesn't matter as you can stack models on top of each other. If you aren't then you have to have set sizes for bases otherwise all sorts of bullshit happens. It is better to get on board with that sooner rather than later. There's a list on this site somewhere for suggested sizes I think? Otherwise what's to stop me putting a lead weight in Skarbrand's foot and having him standing on his tip-toe on a 25mm base? Or having bases that are just 6ft wide sticks on something with flying that damages every unit it flies over that sweeps forward across the battlefield touching everything?

I guess the only thing stopping any of us from doing those things is that we're not douchebags.... I'm pretty sure that the reason for this thread wasn't anything other than what, if any, rules/constraints apply to base sizes in particular, of daemonettes.  I fully intend to never rebase my lesser demons. I have waaay too many to waste my time putting them on slightly larger bases. For everyone else out there: do as you will. If ever our paths cross for a game, I'll be the last person in the world to say anything but compliments, if warrented, about the bases of your miniatures. The rule of cool applies here as well, I think.

Archived