Khorne deamon cannon, what you think?

Kimbo

So...Just some quick questions.  Im just starting my khorne daemons army and is curious to what you guys think of the skull cannon in the blades of khorne book? And have you tried the new cannon formation?

Was is good? Even If you have not tried it...you think it looks good? 

Cheers! kimbo 

I think the formation certainly makes Skull Cannons more viable than they were before.  The problem I find with it is that it's sort of an all or nothing affair with that battalion due to how costly Skull Cannons are in points.  A maxed out battalion of it though could quite possibly be wiping out every one of your opponents heroes before they get a chance to blink.  Taking only 3 in the battalion though and I think it just doesn't hold up given the cost per cannon and the fact that they may not be able to all shoot in the hero phase.  But sure, I think it looks to be quite a powerful formation for an alpha strike of artillery provided you go all in with it, which is something we didn't have before with Khorne.

Bloodthrone

Bloodsecrator

8x Skull Cannons

3x10 Bloodreavers

Gorethunder Cohort

3 cannons is 540 points, shooting in your hero phase and again in the shooting phase... i dunno.. could be good.

a group of 3 with the throne, nice distraction. they are decent in combat so you cant just send trash good range on them. 

you're probably better off using them in the SKullseeker host than gorethunder, i feel that battalions fits two roles, 

gap filler and major army ( 4k+ ) type game

60 points for the battalion and a blood throne that takes up a leader slot and is generally seen as a bit meh to get D3 extra shots as long at the bloodthrone is alive and the cannons are near it... given that cannons are already too expensive, especially if you compare them to something like warp lightning cannons, I'd say it is of limited use compared to other options we got. If the bloodthrone had a buff that amped the cannons a bit more then I'd say it might be worth thinking about.

But if luck and I'm trying a skullseekers tommoro

Bloodthirster Of Insensate Rage (280)
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
Skullmaster, Herald of Khorne (100)
3 x Bloodcrushers (160)
3 x Bloodcrushers (160)
20 x Bloodletters (200)
20 x Bloodletters (200)
20 x Bloodletters (200)
1 x Skull Cannons (180)
1 x Skull Cannons (180)
1 x Skull Cannons (180)
Skullseeker Host (40)
Murderhost (20)

I use the rage a lot anyways andni love crushers so it's win win I think

Thank you for all The feedback! If you where to use a 2k list with mono daemon...how would you play it? I got a Nice list from Slide in another post but i like to have options....

The list should: 

work in a competitive environment 

- been tested (would be great)

- thank you for your time...really means alot! 

One more thing, you all seem to not like the cannon formation. 

i just watched The Ninth Realm, and they seem to REALLY like the cannon formation. is it that bad? i get so mixed feelings from everywhere :D i want to use it ..but not if its bad you know.....

The Ninth Realm #38 Blades of khorne: 

10 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

One more thing, you all seem to not like the cannon formation. 

It's not that I don't like it.  I do.  I just feel it works best at its max, and then you're in it for quite a bit.  At its minimum of 3 it can be pretty good if you're set on using Skull Cannons in your list anyhow.  This is really an oddball area for Khorne though as it's essentially a Khorne Gunline list so yeah, it's not going to get the greatest reception I imagine from people who are used to playing a melee Khorne list.  On the other hand...  your opponent may never see it coming.  I mean really, 8 skull cannons is going to scare the ****** out of someone when you put them on the table I imagine because the potential damage they COULD put out is very very scary in that battalion.

7 minutes ago, Jharen said:

It's not that I don't like it.  I do.  I just feel it works best at its max, and then you're in it for quite a bit.  At its minimum of 3 it can be pretty good if you're set on using Skull Cannons in your list anyhow.  This is really an oddball area for Khorne though as it's essentially a Khorne Gunline list so yeah, it's not going to get the greatest reception I imagine from people who are used to playing a melee Khorne list.  On the other hand...  your opponent may never see it coming.  I mean really, 8 skull cannons is going to scare the ****** out of someone when you put them on the table I imagine because the potential damage they COULD put out is very very scary in that battalion.

Haha yeah. But i would like to use only 3 so its not all my army. It aint that bad i think.

Cannon Battalion is cool but I think that I can generally say that if someone wants to shoot their opponents to smithereens that Khorne isn't the most usual pick up. As I feel many are drawn to that army for rock hard melee and less shooting. However without doubt it adds some great ranged support which by itself is very worthy to consider. I do think that the damage output of the Skullcannon is rather random but still not bad if your capable to at least draw out the average rolls.

58 minutes ago, VBS said:

Khorne is a ****** for using cannons. Man up and use an axe! 

:P

That is extremely useful feedback isn't it? Good job.

thing about the battalion is that paying for a throne and the battalion for maybe one shot is not worth it. It is good if you take 8 but then it's almost your whole army.

2 games  2 wins was a great formation to run, all the bits of it were good skull cannons got a passing grade,  though with 5 shots i did a total of 4 wounds to 1 target...

Then the last shot did 4... the skull cannon charged said unit... did 4 damage with a crimson crown buff with its maw took a shot across the table and too the last wound of a magmadroth ?

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

What was in this list exactley? ? looks cool! Thank you!!

Bloodthirster Of Insensate Rage (280) Forgeworld samus model :D
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
Skullmaster, Herald of Khorne (100)
3 x Bloodcrushers (160)
3 x Bloodcrushers (160)
20 x Bloodletters (200)
20 x Bloodletters (200)
20 x Bloodletters (200)
1 x Skull Cannons (180)
1 x Skull Cannons (180)
1 x Skull Cannons (180)
Skullseeker Host (40)
Murderhost (20)

nice list , nice army .... just an question : In my Khorne Book says that u need an Bloodmaster not an skullmaster of Khorne for the Skullseeker Host`? that means u need an total of 2 Bloodmasters for running the 2 battalions ?( 1 for skullseeker 1 for murderhost )

Archived