Suggestion regarding the forum

I'd say that Narrative play is indelibly etched into the fabric of AoS (a very mixed metaphor that one). Even the SCGT has a narrative of sorts running through it and it doesn't use Matched Play battleplans so it could be argued it isn't really Matched play . To be honest I've found Matched play battleplans to be more narrative than some of the kill point only victory condition narrative or open Battleplans anyway. 

I think that it's more important to have a separate Narrative section to the forums because it functions in more of a archive of ideas and resources rather than discussion points.   Quite a lot of the stuff is very useful for running narrative games but one wouldn't necessarily comment on it. It also means I can have it on my Tapatalk notifications so I can see when good stuff pops up and don't have to trawl through some of less hobby positive stuff that pops up in the general feed.  

Narrative isn't being presented as "lesser" that's the subjective view of the individual reading the forums.

Regarding the "normal way to play" for me that is points with a story on top. The story side comes from the players and there isn't much anyone can do about that other than offer encouragement. That said on this very forum we have AoS28 which is very narrative driven as well as Hinterlands. In my wider sphere of AoS I also count the Warhammer Quest games. warhammer TV has had a lot of narrative games especially the excellent narrative campaign they played at the beginning of the channel's launch. This week they had on one of the NEOs (Narrative Event Organisers) who will be running a massive one day global narrative event called Coalescence (which is also on this forum) and finally on May the 3rd Warhammer TV will be having a narrative takeover day. This last wednesday's games on Warhammer TV showed how players can have a totally narrative driven game where the players took what they felt was right for their narrative and then they had a much lighter touch game where they had points and a tweaked matched pay scenario which showed how narrative games can be part of other types of game.

The only problem I see right now is players who think games can be narrative or open or matched as opposed to a bit of everything which is how I've always played Warhammer. GW have always said that Warhammer (of any flavour) is our game to play how we like. We don't need anyone's stamp of approval to play the way we like to play, much less a sub forum on an unofficial forum.

Removing the question of narrative from matched slightly

I think the fact that you've posted this here rather than the feedback forum, which is arguably where it should go and the fact it has got more of a response here than it ever would have there; probably says more about how people use the forum than the popularity of matched vs narrative.

TBH I'd rather have less sections than more; I expect there is a load of good discussion in the order and chaos boards which I never see because I think I'm not interested.

Sub forums are a by product of how computer programmers think people should think*; in reality conversations wind all over the place and could fit into many different forums at different times.

*massive overgeneralisation, apologies

I'm against the idea of adding more sections. 

We already have a matched play section. It's called Organised play. For events and clubs. 

After that it's just warhammer really. The distinction between a type of play should be easy enough to be made clear in a topics first post. 

23 hours ago, Auticus said:

Could add the ability to tag your post as Matched Play or Narrative Play or whatever.  that way your intent is clear when you post what you are talking about.

You have that ability at the moment. Just most people forget about tags ;) 

Archived