Lets Chat Wanderers / Wood Elves compendium

warhammernerd

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the list I'm mulling over for the new edition. It's basically the exact same as my old list, but where I used to take 3x10 Eternal Guard now it's just 1x20 because I can now count the Sisters of the Watch units as battleline by taking a Waywatcher as my general every game. Between our unit discounts and the points saved from 10 less Eternal Guard I can now also fit an additional 10 SotW in my list, currently looking at a unit of 20 but considering 3 units of 10 as well (1x10 & 1x20 keeps me at 1 drop). This list gives me an extra 20 points that I can then take one of the cheaper Endless Spells with, or I can even swap in a Waystrider to save either 20 or 40 points on a Wayfinder or Waywatcher respectively and then take a 40 or 60 point Endless Spell.

Allegiance: Wanderers

Leaders
Nomad Prince (80)
- Artefact: Forget-me-knot 
Spellweaver (80) [+20]
- Blows of Mystic Power
Wayfinder (100)
Waywatcher (100) [+20]
- Artefact: Starcaster Longbow 
Waywatcher (100) [+20]
- General
- Trait: Masterful Hunter 

Battleline
10 x Sisters of the Watch (220) [-40]
20 x Sisters of the Watch (440) [-80]
20 x Eternal Guard (160) [-20]

Units
10 x Wildwood Rangers (180) [-40]
5 x Sisters of the Thorn (220)
5 x Sisters of the Thorn (220)

Battalions
Waystone Pathfinders (240) [-40]

Total: 2140 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 105

Edit: Also, I'm always on the fence about the Forget-me-Knot vs Viridescent Shawl on the Prince, I see a lot of melee heavy armies so going with the Forget-me-Knot for now.

13 hours ago, Aezeal said:

That would depend on how GW rules (if they finally do) about the teleports etc etc counting as having moved or not ofcourse.

In the new core rules they refer to movement in the movement phase as "Normal Moves" to distinguish it from moves in the charge and pile-in phases.  This is a tighter description of "a move" and may become an important distinction once we have the actual text for the new "Realm Wanderers" trait.  It might help to distinguish between standard movement and a set-up, and clarify that they are two different actions.  

3 hours ago, awcamawn said:

Edit: Also, I'm always on the fence about the Forget-me-Knot vs Viridescent Shawl on the Prince, I see a lot of melee heavy armies so going with the Forget-me-Knot for now.

Plus we will already get the look out sir for the -1 to be hit so now Forget me knot grews in priority. Unlesa they change it like they did with other artifacts in other allegiance. 

?

IMG_20180621_195735.jpg.67576c461fc275d805b37517abb2fcd1.jpg

Finished with tese models

IMG_20180621_195937.jpg.f740ddb47651db56365d5838442e7174.jpg

And this unit: and the new ones fit pretty well with the old models. 

20 hours ago, Frozenbeast said:

Plus we will already get the look out sir for the -1 to be hit so now Forget me knot grews in priority. Unlesa they change it like they did with other artifacts in other allegiance. 

?

IMG_20180621_195735.jpg.67576c461fc275d805b37517abb2fcd1.jpg

IMG_20180621_195937.jpg.f740ddb47651db56365d5838442e7174.jpg

Really like the blue tone! What colours did you use? :)

2 hours ago, Kugane said:

Really like the blue tone! What colours did you use? :)

I have based the blue parts with kantor blue and wash them with either nuln oil or the nightshade (don t remember the full name but the dark blue shade) then I went different directions:

- for the vests I have added greys (mechanicus standard grey first and then administratus grey) to the kantor blue (2:1 blue:grey) to desaturate it a bit:

- for the capes I added to the blue some old goblin green for a first coat then some old scorpion green for the second coat (not sure what are the equivalent now) and still a bit of grey to desaturate but I went a bit random with the proportions so you ll have to test.

But this is it and actually when I did it for the first time I got surprised because it really looks iridescent and this is the exact effect I wanted to give to those capes.

Glad you liked it.

47 minutes ago, Frozenbeast said:

I have based the blue parts with kantor blue and wash them with either nuln oil or the nightshade (don t remember the full name but the dark blue shade) then I went different directions:

- for the vests I have added greys (mechanicus standard grey first and then administratus grey) to the kantor blue (2:1 blue:grey) to desaturate it a bit:

- for the capes I added to the blue some old goblin green for a first coat then some old scorpion green for the second coat (not sure what are the equivalent now) and still a bit of grey to desaturate but I went a bit random with the proportions so you ll have to test.

But this is it and actually when I did it for the first time I got surprised because it really looks iridescent and this is the exact effect I wanted to give to those capes.

Glad you liked it.

I managed to get similar effects using stegadon scale > nightshade > glazes with sotek green, but going to give this a shot! :) I like the slightly more green ratio you got going on the capes the most! :D

mmm..I know what you mean I just had a look on GW website for the colors. Try the Kabalite green if you have it and maybe try mixing it with the sotek green see what comes up. Sry I cannot be more specific but sometimes I just go with what I have and don t keep track of the ratios.

18 minutes ago, Frozenbeast said:

mmm..I know what you mean I just had a look on GW website for the colors. Try the Kabalite green if you have it and maybe try mixing it with the sotek green see what comes up. Sry I cannot be more specific but sometimes I just go with what I have and don t keep track of the ratios.

Its fine, i generally create gradients with glazes anyways, so just keep glazing long enough until I reach the result :P. Thank you for the info regardless!^^

On 6/22/2018 at 12:34 AM, Frozenbeast said:

?

I really like the different kind of Flowers you used on the bases! Very inspiring!

@Phantajisto Wanderers allegiance armies previously did not have Collegiate Arcane and the Celestial Hurricanum on their list of available allies and I don't believe that is changing. As part of a mixed order force that heavily includes Wanderers, Hurricanums are indeed useful for all the reasons you list, especially taken alongside as many Waywatchers as you can field - although the Waywatcher did just get more expensive.

Archived